Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a long ride home without any java if JB and GMac can't get r done.

uoa0t.gif

I hope we land JG3 because I think he's a winner. He's not a make it or break it recruit, but he's a nice 4 year depth player, a la JBA. Add Quincy and Akok to the mix, and then we have a legitimate chance to make some noise in the remaining JB coaching years. I'd love to see Boeheim go out on top. That would be some serious justice, in the wake of the the sanctions and vacated wins. LGO!

I hope we land JG3 because I think he's a winner.

He hasn't really "won" a lot on the court. I like him for what he is, an elite shooter. Every roster needs a few of these guys. I'd like to think he could be a volume scorer in college, but as of now, i think he's too limited athletically.

I don't like that he never left Glens Falls for basketball. While a few elite Section 2 players stuck around (Huerter who played against much better comp, and Cremo who was always destined for Albany [until recently]), the trend now is for kids to go challenge themselves in the NEPSAC. Vermont Academy and Northfield Mount Hermon are both less than 2.5 hrs from Glens Falls. Even Albany Academy plays a much stronger schedule. While he didn't need to go for offers, the enhanced level of play presumably would have helped his game and got him more college-ready.

this is wonderful news and I will say even if we don’t land him I’m very happy that we are hearing the staff is working so hard. Good luck to joe wherever he ends up but we want you orange

He hasn't really "won" a lot on the court. I like him for what he is, an elite shooter. Every roster needs a few of these guys. I'd like to think he could be a volume scorer in college, but as of now, i think he's too limited athletically.

I don't like that he never left Glens Falls for basketball. While a few elite Section 2 players stuck around (Huerter who played against much better comp, and Cremo who was always destined for Albany [until recently]), the trend now is for kids to go challenge themselves in the NEPSAC. Vermont Academy and Northfield Mount Hermon are both less than 2.5 hrs from Glens Falls. Even Albany Academy plays a much stronger schedule. While he didn't need to go for offers, the enhanced level of play presumably would have helped his game and got him more college-ready.

You don't need to leave with AAU anymore.

He played for the City Rocks and was a key contributor on the team back to back years the finished top 8 in the EYBL.

My sentiments regarding JG3 have zero to do with the level of competition he's faced. He's going to have to really earn his playing time at Syracuse. He may also not be ideal at the top of the zone. He'll have his work cut out for him. BUT, he's a hard worker, a gamer, intelligent, and I think his winning mentality can help Syracuse. He held his own in the EYBL too. Add that he's an elite shooter, and I think that makes him a winner in my book, one that I'd welcome with open arms.

Last edited:

He played for the City Rocks and was a key contributor on the team back to back years the finished top 8 in the EYBL.

I dunno about "key contributor" - he was pretty much Just A Guy vs elite comp.
He didn't shoot or score at remotely the same clip vs. future D1 talent.

I dunno about "key contributor" - he was pretty much Just A Guy vs elite comp.
He didn't shoot or score at remotely the same clip vs. future D1 talent.

He was their second leading scorer still and last year he shot just below Buddy on a good team.

Now I think other guys are better, but he’s not a scrub.

If we’re seeing Girard and no else is rught before he commits, I’d say that’s good for us

no commit. SUdreaming recent post says SU which is sparking conclusions
He also said he was going to commit about a month ago. Only Joe knows what he’s doing. And JB being there is flopping a straight flush.

He also said he was going to commit about a month ago. Only Joe knows what he’s doing. And JB being there is flopping a straight flush.
Is it a home visit or is he going to his football game? Hope you are right!

BS. You always need to be competing against the best. AAU is a nice start, and he is a good player on a good team. Do it all year.

This is
BS. You always need to be competing against the best. AAU is a nice start, and he is a good player on a good team. Do it all year.
He has played plenty good competition for many years now. Kid plays ball basically year round. Yes his high school competition isnt the greatest but that's a small sample of the type of talent he plays every year. This notion that kids have to go to prep school is nuts. Yes it helps like anything, the better competition u play the better u get but I think he has enough experience playing decent competition. He'll be fine wherever he goes and hes projected to be a 4 year guy anyways so who cares if hes not a immediate impact player as a freshman or sophomore even. Guys like joe are how programs are built. (See villanova)

He loves playing football, something he couldn’t do if he prepped. Small-town kid has had a great high school experience, and is going to play basketball at a great school in a major conference. I think he’s played this pretty well.

He loves playing football, something he couldn’t do if he prepped. Small-town kid has had a great high school experience, and is going to play basketball at a great school in a major conference. I think he’s played this pretty well.

I agree with all of that.

If I’m recruiting him, id like to see him challenge himself more. I think that prepares him better. That’s all.

Do we really think buddy had to go to Brewster to end up in Orange? Yet off he went.

I agree with all of that.

If I’m recruiting him, id like to see him challenge himself more. I think that prepares him better. That’s all.

Do we really think buddy had to go to Brewster to end up in Orange? Yet off he went.

True, it also depends on the player. Gerry played in the same league as my HS which was barely any competition vs what you would see in the prep scene while putting up crazy numbers in the state playoffs and championship and he did pretty good. Girard is loaded with confidence which I think helps him a lot. Biggest similarity I see between he and Gerry is that same confidence and moxy.

Flopping it straight on the table...

If a recruit shows this much interest it means one of two things:

1) We rate a Navy Blue "High Interest" font on the forecasting website for this recruit; OR

2) The recruit had already taken an Official Visit to Louisville and is expecting comparable perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom