Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams and Bedle played football at SU. They don’t count in this case.

xzavier gaines played football as a freshman and sophomore but left the team and switched to basketball for his junior year. i don't recall if that was on a hoops scholarship, though.

I think its PSU - no inside info, but I think the kid is smarter than the "he should have gone AAU" crowd gives him credit for. I think he knows the NBA isn't in the cards but he will choose based on PT and what he wants to be as an adult in the work force.

I think its PSU - no inside info, but I think the kid is smarter than the "he should have gone AAU" crowd gives him credit for. I think he knows the NBA isn't in the cards but he will choose based on PT and what he wants to be as an adult in the work force.

He did play AAU. Not sure what that means.

If you knew the NBA wasn't in the cards why would you go to a school with no chance of winning anything in college?

If you knew the NBA wasn't in the cards why would you go to a school with no chance of winning anything in college?

It’s just based on his dads comments in a recent article

I’m just making a guess I don’t know anymore than the next guy but if he wants to play early then I guess it’s a smart move for him. Although I really want him at Syracuse

I'll say this for Mr. Girard. If he has followed which school has covered his recruitment the most from a local media perspective, it is Syracuse by a wide mile. Axe, Waters, DO staff, etc., have gone to Glen Falls numerous times over the last several months. Heck the NY State Legislative Council had a member in open session tell him to go to Syracuse. GMAC, JB, have followed him consistently. If he's scared he won't play at SU, that seems to be a bit overblown, given the push for his commitment by our staff. Can't imagine expending so much effort for a "bench player." PSU has a non-existent basketball team. They don't register at all. I have been to numerous games and you can walk in 5 minutes to tip off and get a great seat. Good arena however. So my thoughts, if he was really worried about PT at Cuse, I think he would have said no to us a long time ago. Its definitely a concern, but I would hope the noted interest from our staff has calmed that anxiety a bit. If it isn't SU, I do agree it will be BC or PSU. Michigan and Duke seem like they have been out for a long time.

I'll say this for Mr. Girard. If he has followed which school has covered his recruitment the most from a local media perspective, it is Syracuse by a wide mile. Axe, Waters, DO staff, etc., have gone to Glen Falls numerous times over the last several months. Heck the NY State Legislative Council had a member in open session tell him to go to Syracuse. GMAC, JB, have followed him consistently. If he's scared he won't play at SU, that seems to be a bit overblown, given the push for his commitment by our staff. Can't imagine expending so much effort for a "bench player." PSU has a non-existent basketball team. They don't register at all. I have been to numerous games and you can walk in 5 minutes to tip off and get a great seat. Good arena however. If it isn't SU, I do agree it will be BC or PSU. Michigan and Duke seem like they have been out for a long time.
Have you been following the local media coverage of the other 5 schools recruiting JG?

Have you been following the local media coverage of the other 5 schools recruiting JG?
I'll admit not as closely, but, I do follow JG's twitter and he retweets every article about him. Go look, it's mostly Syracuse.com. A couple nuggets from recruiting websites that are more general and an occasional Duke insider article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom