Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same exact way. Ultimately, I'm not going to turn down a shooter with our offense the last few seasons, but I still have concerns about his competition level and adjustment to the college game and think some expectations might be a bit high. I've been wrong many times though.
Both ways. No question about it. Buts how many of those recruits were offered by Duke , Notre Dame, etc.

I feel the same exact way. Ultimately, I'm not going to turn down a shooter with our offense the last few seasons, but I still have concerns about his competition level and adjustment to the college game and think some expectations might be a bit high. I've been wrong many times though.

End of the day I’ll be happy about it (if us) as I realize JB & staff been on this kid for awhile now (not some late year Hail Mary offer), and then like you said, SU can always use knockdown shooters.

Plus seems like a quality individual & really like the whole “famous in his town” thing too.

And I’m never wrong (got a feeling!)

So what are chances he brings the intense, slap-the-floor defense to the Dome? Duke was recruiting him...maybe he’s got it in him?

That is definitely true, which boggles my mind but hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess, lol.
it took me quite a while to admit it, but over the years i've come to realize that jb & staff know their own needs & a player's capabilities better than me. if they want them, that's all i need to know

it took me quite a while to admit it, but over the years i've come to realize that jb & staff know their own needs & a player's capabilities better than me. if they want them, that's all i need to know

While I totally agree, where’s the fun in that tho?

I like to mix it up a bit, try to evaluate best I can & make decision for myself.

Also feels that it makes your opinions more “legit” if your willing to try to give an honest opinion (not just break out champagne for any/every player who commits to SU).

Like, if I then really get excited about a prospect then it’s...not sure what word I’m looking for here...more valuable? Reliable? Taken more seriously? IDK, just how I think

Exactly. JB's top skill might be talent evaluation - especially for his system. If he wants a guy, I want him too.

I'm more skeptical of Girard from a defensive standpoint than an offensive standpoint just cause of his size, but I'd be surprised if he doesnt shoot it well here.

He was 82 of 203 in the EYBL over 2 years from 3 for 40.4%. He was 51 for 56 from the line for 91.1%.

Overall he shot 114 for 266 which is 43%. This all coming in the best AAU league in the country.

I get he's not an elite athlete, but some of those guys can't shoot a lick.

Agreed. That's what I posted yesterday. Taking 4 guards in one class would be very very unusual. IMO it's Penn St or Syracuse . It really comes down to what's more important to Joe. If it's immediate playing time he'll choose PSU, if it's to contend in March it's Syracuse. Going by his "be different" motto I think PSU has a legitimate chance.

Not to mention they currently have 14 scholarships spoken for for 2019. Granted Bowman could leave early but that still leaves them at 13 and a terribly unbalanced roster with a very thin front court.

Just helping this get to 200 pages.

But really, would love to have this kid wear Orange and I see him picking Cuse Sunday.

Not to mention they currently have 14 scholarships spoken for for 2019. Granted Bowman could leave early but that still leaves them at 13 and a terribly unbalanced roster with a very thin front court.

Wait, you know the name of a Penn State basketball player? I have only been able to do that when Glenn Sekunda transferred there.

Wait, you know the name of a Penn State basketball player? I have only been able to do that when Glenn Sekunda transferred there.

Not PS. BC. And how can you forget Jim Ouderkirk!

I'm more skeptical of Girard from a defensive standpoint than an offensive standpoint just cause of his size, but I'd be surprised if he doesnt shoot it well here.

He was 82 of 203 in the EYBL over 2 years from 3 for 40.4%. He was 51 for 56 from the line for 91.1%.

Overall he shot 114 for 266 which is 43%. This all coming in the best AAU league in the country.

I get he's not an elite athlete, but some of those guys can't shoot a lick.

Where does all this, he is not an athlete come from, he is the QB on his football team and they have been pretty good. Last time I checked that guy (QB) is usually pretty athletic.

Lol am I one of a handful that kinda doesn’t want him? Some of you are crayyyyyyyy

Lol am I one of a handful that kinda doesn’t want him? Some of you are crayyyyyyyy

He’s too good of a shooter not to at least be a decent college player IMO.

Is he an ideal fit for our system? No.

But he’s also the kind of player who will hit 8 3’s against us in a few years.

I’ll be happy if he comes, but I’m not sweating it if he doesn’t. Not really sweating anybody though, to be honest.

He’s too good of a shooter not to at least be a decent college player IMO.

Is he an ideal fit for our system? No.

But he’s also the kind of player who will hit 8 3’s against us in a few years.

I’ll be happy if he comes, but I’m not sweating it if he doesn’t. Not really sweating anybody though, to be honest.
Ya I get the gmac comparisons and all but that was lightning in a bottle. Kid won’t be able to live to those expectations. That’s why I think it’s bc.
I want length on the wing and Bryce running point? Sign me up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors