Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a biggie, but just genuinely curious now that he's ours... was Duke offer actually a *committable* offer ?
Sure and then they would recruit over him next year.
1539566045408.jpeg

“Having the in-state school offer is something that you always work for and always kind of want. When that one came, it was big. They have two guys on the staff that are kind of just like me, with G-Mac (Gerry McNamara) and Eric Devendorf. They are just tough and want to win,” he told . “Coach (Jim) Boeheim has been doing a really good job of making sure that they have a winning tradition there.”

"... the Orange remain involved with a number of other frontcourt prospects, including four-star targets Quincy Guerrier and Akok Akok."

“Having the in-state school offer is something that you always work for and always kind of want. When that one came, it was big. They have two guys on the staff that are kind of just like me, with G-Mac (Gerry McNamara) and Eric Devendorf. They are just tough and want to win,” he told . “Coach (Jim) Boeheim has been doing a really good job of making sure that they have a winning tradition there.”

"... the Orange remain involved with a number of other frontcourt prospects, including four-star targets Quincy Guerrier and Akok Akok."
Hopefully no one tells him that Devo is no longer on staff.

This is fantastic news - we really needed to have one fall our way - now let's start focusing on convincing Chuckwu to file for another year. I totally understand the reasons why he may not want to do this and will support any decision he makes but it would be a hell of a cornerstone to build next years team around. I am not discounting Sidibe but could you imagine him at power forward with Dolezaj at small forward? Let's not take our foot off the gas pedal as we reclaim our position in college basketball and let the ACC know we are here for real.

I was acutely aware of his impending announcement when I left for Charlotte on Friday. Since then I have been immersed in 3 month old baby land (an alternately delightful and despairing place) and completely forgot about it. A friend texted me this evening and I yelled, “YESSSS!” This scared my son because he had no idea what had happened. I kept flutter punching his arm while chanting, “Joe Girard! Joe Girard!” Finally explained my excitement. He said, “Mom, I’m happy for you, but you are whack.”

‘Tis true.

Oh boy!

Look what Coach Boeheim has gathered for his Opus. Really beyond amazing.
Hmmm you said Opus...a blast from the mid 80's with the lead singing wearing his best Miami Vice outfit.

I think this song reflects how happy I am to get this kid to Cuse.

I was acutely aware of his impending announcement when I left for Charlotte on Friday. Since then I have been immersed in 3 month old baby land (an alternately delightful and despairing place) and completely forgot about it. A friend texted me this evening and I yelled, “YESSSS!” This scared my son because he had no idea what had happened. I kept flutter punching his arm while chanting, “Joe Girard! Joe Girard!” Finally explained my excitement. He said, “Mom, I’m happy for you, but you are whack.”

‘Tis true.

Oh boy!

This is a great post - thanks for sharing & congrats on the new little one!

You gotta be the coolest grandma around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors