Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I have to go to bed soon but I’m on cloud nine right now. It’s obviously some on this board didn’t feel he was a high priority but I beg to differ. JG3 has the confidence to come in and play right away. I can’t wait to see buddy and JG3 play together.

Hmmm you said Opus...a blast from the mid 80's with the lead singing wearing his best Miami Vice outfit.

I think this song reflects how happy I am to get this kid to Cuse.

Of ALL the hundreds of “get psyched” songs to choose from, and you drag this none hit wonder out of mothballs and go
“THIS IS MY JAM!” ??
:confused:

It looks like Don Johnson’s slightly less talented cousin planing in a Greek wedding band.

Great news on getting JG3. I was already teetering but that article put me over the top: I’m not sure I’m all that impressed with JG2. But who cares.

Of ALL the hundreds of “get psyched” songs to choose from, and you drag this none hit wonder out of mothballs and go
“THIS IS MY JAM!” ??
:confused:

It looks like Don Johnson’s slightly less talented cousin planing in a Greek wedding band.
Blame CousCous...he mentioned Opus and I went there. They are probably playing the Apfelstrudel Fair in Bavaria next weekend.

Easy pickings for a Big with low post moves.

Let's hope so! To be truly elite, we've got to be able to get the easy buckets and get to the line. That's how you win games. That's how you come from behind; scoring while the clock is stopped. We were great in 2010 because we had great low post presence and a couple actual threats to score down low.

really tho - opposing Ds gonna be spread thin and run ragged having to account for JG and BB when they're on the court together[/QUOTE

Which of course opens up the lane for Carey and the middle for bigs. Yeah!!!
really tho - opposing Ds gonna be spread thin and run ragged having to account for JG and BB when they're on the court together

Agreed, which of course opens up the middle for Carey to drive and our bigs to operate. It’s a good day, week, year to be a Cuse fan!!!

Girard collateral benefits:
Whereas the Queensbury Hotel once operated in obscurity, I foresee a new day for the Queen of Hotels as an avalanche of new business is generated when corporate America absorbs the slendor of its imperial ballroom and rushes to book its next function. All hail The Queensbury Hotel - A breath of fresh air just north of Glens Falls. Remember well, as Ballston Spa goes, so goes Queensbury.

I LOVED the Queensbury Hotel. Our annual convention used to be held there when I was in Financial Aid and when I moved over to Registrar where we alternated sites, it was held there from time to time.

Of course the best part of it was the room numbers were on the bottom of the door which helped me a lot when I came stumbling in drunk.

Cheers,
Neil

I don’t recall the hype when Gerry was recruited and then signed. Didn’t have season tickets back then and not quite as mainline addicted as I am today. Of course, I remember his fans and the buses from Scranton. Was it similar to what has gone on with Girard?

This is a great post - thanks for sharing & congrats on the new little one!

You gotta be the coolest grandma around
Thank you!

Do you know what’s really REALLY cool? The ACC Tourney is in Charlotte this year! Baby AND Basketball!

Yeah except for the Cowboys winning, pretty solid sports day...
Woooo, right after turning my Cowboys of after a win. I go on facebook and find Girard committed. What a GREAT DAY!

Just arrived in Kyoto Japan. Read about his commitment while on the Bullet Train. Well done. It’s nice to win one. Not many SU hats here

There should be an SU hat in Yokosuka somewhere in the Honch. I lost it getting hammered on hubushu aka snake bit juice.
35D71419-6CE1-471F-9CFB-3679D8BD8FA1.jpeg

I can't wait to go back through this entire thread. H0T Takes Central.

We went from losing out to BC or PSU for him to staging a huge recruiting victory over Duke!

In any case, I'm glad he is on board!!

You mean BC and PSU. ND, Duke, and Michigan were not involved anymore over the last many months. This is a regional win over schools we should beat for basketball recruits.
Oh shut up. The top player in NY signs to pay his dues at SU and you downplay it. You must be fun at parties.

Some said JG3 was a luxury. Maybe. But even so, it's really nice to have. It elevates and stabilizes the program. The guard position is in great shape for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom