Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect Schalmont to win but I want to see Girard will his team to victory. These two teams might be the best class B teams in the state. And just to rant, I still can't believe they have moved the state tourney to Binghamton. That's a joke. Albany area is big time high school hoops. Not Binghamton.
But back to GF next year:)

I fully expect Schalmont to win but I want to see Girard will his team to victory. These two teams might be the best class B teams in the state. And just to rant, I still can't believe they have moved the state tourney to Binghamton. That's a joke. Albany area is big time high school hoops. Not Binghamton.
Glens Falls facility is a dump and inconvenient trip for even Section 2 schools. Needs to be in Capital District but the GFCC or Cool Arena or whaterver its called is not good enough for a state championship event.

Glens Falls facility is a dump and inconvenient trip for even Section 2 schools. Needs to be in Capital District but the GFCC or Cool Arena or whaterver its called is not good enough for a state championship event.
Points taken, but the size of the Cool Insurance Arena (CIA - some nickname:) makes it work. Trying to play the tournament in the much larger Times-Union Center is like playing in a mausoleum.

Put it at SEFCU. Right off the Thruway. Convenient for everyone including all the hotels around there now.

Put it at SEFCU. Right off the Thruway. Convenient for everyone including all the hotels around there now.
Honestly I'd put it at the Utica Aud - newly renovated. Close for Roch and Cuse area and easy for Albany too.

Hard to argue, but it was awesome playing there as a teenager for sectionals and when we went to states.

I do think UAlbany is a great facility though and played there my senior year in the quarterfinals of sectionals and think that’s where the finals should be.

Interesting idea. I wonder why there's never been much push (that I know of) in that direction?
I did see Shen lose to Jesse Govan's team four years ago at SEFCU in the Federation tournament. I think it would be a perfect venue for the States and the Federation games. Generally the Federation games have been held in Glens Falls as well, as they are this season, but my memory is a little foggy on this but I believe they tried having games at SEFCU and the TUC for a little bit.

Shenendehowa boys' basketball loses in Class AA Federation semifinal

Is there a way to watch this Glens Falls vs. Schalmont game tonight? Any live stream?

Interesting idea. I wonder why there's never been much push (that I know of) in that direction?
I'm guessing NYSPHSAA doesn't want to pay - Binghamton basically gave them the building and GF does too I believe. NYSPHSAA like the NCAA likes money.

you have to consider the size of the crowd.. unless the locals play almost all the smaller class teams games are not sold out. When its in Glens falls it gets pretty good local support even when local teams arent in it, but when its in Roch/UB area it doesnt travel as well. Not sure why Utica/Syracuse never want to try and host it, but cost is huge component. the glens falls arena is fine and about as it as it gets to get in and out for parking.. Bingo is much worse for parking and about the same arena set up.

if it was me I would have in on a rotation Roc/Syr/glen falls/Bingo. but really some teams travel better than others. our school sends a ton when we go. even for a small school. Many more than the Roc/Buf schools do.

JG didnt shoot very well.. still had around 50 because he makes so many Fts.. Forced a ton of 3's. Some of that is that there is no one else on the team that can generate shots by themselves . he had a bunch of nice passes though. GF didnt score until 5 min in and still got to almost 80. They really struggled to put home rebounds so he should feel right at home at SU.. still the role players hustle/rebound/play D and they let him run the show.

had he shot well he probably gets 70. missed several 3s wide, but his FTs are dead, his one miss just short.. never misses left or right. had 2-3 baskets called back too

JG didnt shoot very well.. still had around 50 because he makes so many Fts.. Forced a ton of 3's. Some of that is that there is no one else on the team that can generate shots by themselves . he had a bunch of nice passes though. GF didnt score until 5 min in and still got to almost 80. They really struggled to put home rebounds so he should feel right at home at SU.. still the role players hustle/rebound/play D and they let him run the show.

had he shot well he probably gets 70. missed several 3s wide, but his FTs are dead, his one miss just short.. never misses left or right. had 2-3 baskets called back too

The number of people there was amazing. Fairly sedated as JG3 didn't shoot well but probably the largest crowd ever there. All the seats taken and standing room 2 and 3 deep all the way around the arena. I really thought that GF was going to struggle with Schalmont and they did to open the game and had six fouls called on them before Schalmont even had one. JG3 only had three points in the entire 1st quarter going something like 1 for 8 or even worse. 2nd quarter he changed his strategy and attacked the hoop more and scored 22 points so he had 25 at halftime and GF started to pull away. You can watch JG3 and say that this was one of his worst shooting games but he still scored 50 and it was against the top ranked team and now they move onto the state tournament.

The thing that impressed me the most about GF was that other players contributed as well hitting a few threes and getting a bunch of second chance opportunities under the boards. I like GF's chances going forward against the North Country teams as JG3 adds to his scoring records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom