Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually took me to the end of your post to realize that you were referring to Binghamton and not the game of Bingo. I was thinking, "Damn, those Northern New Yorkers pack it in for Bingo so much that parking is a problem?!"

I've never heard Binghamton referred to as Bingo before.

Bingo!!

Finished with 42 and a 77-57 win.

First reactions shots a lot but can find teammates. Had to have close to 10 dimes would’ve been more if there were more finishes.
Has deep range only saw maybe 3-4 makes.
Plays harden like defense.
Made all the free throws he took.
Ball handling is way better than what I thought, had some very nice moves drew some cheers from the crowd.
The court they played on was U G L Y.
And GF plays Saturday night I believe against OFAp

First reactions shots a lot but can find teammates. Had to have close to 10 dimes would’ve been more if there were more finishes.
Ball handling is way better than what I thought, had some very nice moves drew some cheers from the crowd.

Yes Glens Falls now plays Ogdensburg at 4:30 on Saturday at SUNY Potsdam

I saw most of the second half online, and agree with the above. I’ll add that JG3 was frequently double-teamed, but was still able to score on many dribble-drives. His ball-handling was better than I expected.

he can dribble fine. not overly quick, lazy at times because he can get out of trouble..

shoots when open, but is a very good passer too.

i think some of the issues on D is that he needs to stay out of foul trouble.

he has a better handle than Buddy and a quicker release.

I have seen 3 games havnt seen him really shoot well yet. he also never comes out, is getting 2-3 guys running at him all game and is playing a bit winded at times and still has multiple length of the court drives 1 on 4 or 5. every game

if he can play the 2 in our system and not have to beat the other teams best defender it would be great. if we can find a way to have Buddy play the small 3 at times like battle does we will be hard to guard and he will attack enough that it will leave buddy open.

he can dribble fine. not overly quick, lazy at times because he can get out of trouble..

I have seen 3 games havnt seen him really shoot well yet. he also never comes out, is getting 2-3 guys running at him all game and is playing a bit winded at times and still has multiple length of the court drives 1 on 4 or 5. every game

if he can play the 2 in our system and not have to beat the other teams best defender it would be great. if we can find a way to have Buddy play the small 3 at times like battle does we will be hard to guard and he will attack enough that it will leave buddy open.
I just have to think that he will have to play the 1 in college. And he may not handle the ball well enough

I just have to think that he will have to play the 1 in college. And he may not handle the ball well enough
some who follow him closely have said he handles it better/has better pg skills/is a better overall athlete than gmac was at the same point in his career.

i don't know if that is accurate or not, but if it is then i would think he is good enough to play pg at syracuse

but unless something unforeseen happens (as it did with gmac) i expect him to be a shooter off the bench initially

My cousin's son plays for OFA. They've had a really good season and won 22 straight games. But they haven't played anyone near JG3s caliber this year. They had trouble against JG3/Glens Falls last year at a Christmas tourney.

i dont recall gmac ever dribbling at this level even in college. his problem isnt when attacking. sometimes he over attacks because he is too confident.. he loses the ball at times because when he slows it down, teams are so worried about him that they attack him while he is trying to prepare and he dribbles a bit high in thos situations. he wont be able to go 1 on 4 on college as easily.

last night he did he some shots altered as plattsburgh was super aggressive and played up on him. That led to multiple blow bys.. In college he will be more selective , I hope, in his shots since he will have more people to help him. right now he has to take shots to create space for his team to shoot and he is more than willing to pass to the open man when teams over play him.

i dont recall gmac ever dribbling at this level even in college. his problem isnt when attacking. sometimes he over attacks because he is too confident.. he loses the ball at times because when he slows it down, teams are so worried about him that they attack him while he is trying to prepare and he dribbles a bit high in thos situations. he wont be able to go 1 on 4 on college as easily.

last night he did he some shots altered as plattsburgh was super aggressive and played up on him. That led to multiple blow bys.. In college he will be more selective , I hope, in his shots since he will have more people to help him. right now he has to take shots to create space for his team to shoot and he is more than willing to pass to the open man when teams over play him.

GMac had a very good handle almost right from the start as a freshman. Not sure what you speak of.

What little I've seen of JGIII, he isn't a pure point guard.

GMac had a very good handle almost right from the start as a freshman. Not sure what you speak of.

What little I've seen of JGIII, he isn't a pure point guard.
he was fine. but its not even close the handle to what JG has. now maybe gmac never felt the need to make guys falls down

This is why I’ve said repeatedly we need a pg who can create and beat people off the dribble forcing help D. If we have that (hopefully Carey) then Buddy and Joe will go nuts much the way Gerry did with Edelin.

Right now Howard kills us because he doesn’t require any help D. Teams just man him straight up, keeping the shooter covered.

howards lack of being able to get to the hole this year really hurts when its added to the fact we have no guy capable of posting down low.. But battle struggles too and carey loses the ball when he tries.. if you can get into the paint the outside is so much easier to get off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom