Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Was interested to see if Girard would crack any updated top 100’s after his incredible season.

Hoping he proves to be as underrated as his AAU teammate Buddy, who certainly performed like a top 100 freshman last year.

jdubs30

Living Legend
Was interested to see if Girard would crack any updated top 100’s after his incredible season.

Hoping he proves to be as underrated as his AAU teammate Buddy, who certainly performed like a top 100 freshman last year.
He won’t crack top 100 but it doesn’t matter

CA Monk

2nd String
4 of the top 5 are from Louisiana and the top guy at 6702 pts is pre-3 pters - so are the next 3. Crazy. Also, Pistol Pete Maravich is not in the top 73...what gives.
There's something in that bayou water.

moqui

off topic but important
Something wrong here. 4 stars are top 100.
not any more; it's a sliding scale not a fixed one
r*vals has four stars down to 130 this year
2four7 down to 129
espn only numerically ranks to 100 but obviously doles out 4 stars farther down the line than that; looks like anyone they grade out at 80 points or above gets 4 stars
and, fwiw, they give jesse edwards 79 points. based on what, i don't know, but there you have it. don't ask me why they can give a kid who has played a handful of north american contests over 3 months a grade but they can't seem to find anything on quincy guerrier.

Last edited:

Noexcuse

Hall of Fame
4 of the top 5 are from Louisiana and the top guy at 6702 pts is pre-3 pters - so are the next 3. Crazy. Also, Pistol Pete Maravich is not in the top 73...what gives.
There's something in that bayou water.
I'm guessing Maravich didn't play as many games in high school. I don't think anyone will ever beat his college scoring record though, and he only played 3 seasons since freshmen were ineligible when he was in college.

SUFan44

All American
Will the Capital Classic game be shown on TV or online somewhere? Can't seem to find any info...

doc05

Starter
Something wrong here. 4 stars are top 100.
Not on ESPN which has a much more relaxed star system than the site most go to for "stars", especially with FB. But why do we care about stars, I thought they don't matter on here anyway? Still outside the top 100 -- that means on here they will be even better than those IN the top 100! LOL

Cusefan0307

Basketball Board pissing match observer
Not on ESPN which has a much more relaxed star system than the site most go to for "stars", especially with FB. But why do we care about stars, I thought they don't matter on here anyway? Still outside the top 100 -- that means on here they will be even better than those IN the top 100! LOL
Not just ESPN. Every site does this now.

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
Joe looked pretty good shooting the ball today. He's a chucker, but in the same way Steph Curry is a chucker. He also looked like a PG much more than Brycen in this game. Joe's a really good passer.

I'm concerned about his defense, though. One of those guys who seems 'engaged' at times, but really concedes too much too often.

Janner

2nd String
Was pretty loose with the ball and made some questionable passes that resulted in some turnovers and some very nice buckets. With this kid open looks are straight money, but he took some pretty bad shots too. Defense needs work but he won't be terrible in the zone down the road I dont think. Again it's an all star game so I wouldn't take too much away from it but Imho he has a gmac type of game, we will see how that translates

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Joe looked pretty good shooting the ball today. He's a chucker, but in the same way Steph Curry is a chucker. He also looked like a PG much more than Brycen in this game. Joe's a really good passer.

I'm concerned about his defense, though. One of those guys who seems 'engaged' at times, but really concedes too much too often.
Agree with this. Joe took a lot of shots, a number from beyond 25 feet. Would guess he shot about 40%. All or almost all were 3s. No one really plays defense in these all star games but Joe’s lack of interest following his man or fighting through screens was noticeable. On the positive side, he made a lot of good passes, almost all in transition, most long, bullet passes to snow birders.

Bryce didn’t shoot nearly as much. He played the ball like it was a real game. Most of his shots were pull up medium range jumpers. He looked really athletic and could beat his man and get to the paint whenever he wanted but he settled for shots in traffic instead of going all the way to the hole and it cost him. He needs to get more aggressive. Was okay running the half court offense but rarely penetrated and kicked out to the open man. I think his point guard skills are still a work in progress.

He did work hard on defense and did a reasonably good job there.

The DC team destroyed the US team. Qudus Wadus (sp?) was impressive and will be a thorn in our side for this new Gtown series. The US defense was really pathetic and hard to watch. They had no inside presence and it was a huge issue.

Zelda Zonk

Hollywood Liberal Elite Globalist
Yeah, Qudus reminded me of a raw Rick Jackson.
It was kinda obvious it would be a lopsided game at the point of the lineup introductions. The DC team just looked stronger and bigger all across the board.

Not sure what to think about our guys. Brycen wasn't an 'alpha' in any sense, and he had no impact in the first two-thirds of the game. Surely, he has potential, but i get tired of the usual rationalization on our boards about how/why our players didn't perform well 'in an all-star game situation.' I want some monsters.

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Flynn was our last all star monster. He took the game over, baseline tomahawk dunks at will.

Top Bottom