Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening for football i dont think. Unless dino owes jb one for taj harris

Bold statement.
Only maybe 5% serious.

But with girard, I can’t help but see a smaller Cooney with inferior competition

Been to dukes campus and cameron indoor.

It is a joke compared to big gameday atmospheres at SU. Overhyped.

We need new energy in our recruitment staff. Im sorry but the old is the old and kentucky/duke super classes are destroying that. We gotta change something to combat this.

I hope he does go to Duke so he takes a scholarship up and Duke can't swoop in and steal guys like Guerrier and Whitney.
That wouldn’t stop them. They would convince Girard to walk on.

We need to pump some energy into our recruitment. We have the dome, arguably a top 5 city for college basketball, an inside track to ESPN, NYC, a record of pumping out 1st round picks and march appearances.

We should still be a recruiting powerhouse despite sanctions.

I do not necessarily care about Girard, he’d be a luxury imo. But hearing Stewarts in this “group” and knowing year after year our priority targets are only a phone call away from putting duke even with or above SU on their list... its concerning.

There’s really no excuse. Nova’s recruiting is trending upward. Hall, providence and St johns havent been shabby either

We need to pump some energy into our recruitment. We have the dome, arguably a top 5 city for college basketball, an inside track to ESPN, NYC, a record of pumping out 1st round picks and march appearances.

We should still be a recruiting powerhouse despite sanctions.

I do not necessarily care about Girard, he’d be a luxury imo. But hearing Stewarts in this “group” and knowing year after year our priority targets are only a phone call away from putting duke even with or above SU on their list... its concerning.

There’s really no excuse. Nova’s recruiting is trending upward. Hall, providence and St johns havent been shabby either
our current class including hughes even wo bazley is strong, would have been over the top w baz. might not even be done w bras and/or osun. goodine is a more than solid start to the next class.

w bras and osun we would have foundation in place, and then the staff could really focus on the gravy players.

recruiting is improving, lets give the staff some slack until we see how the next class winds up.

our current class including hughes even wo bazley is strong, would have been over the top w baz. might not even be done w bras and/or osun. goodine is a more than solid start to the next class.

w bras and osun we would have foundation in place, and then the staff could really focus on the gravy players.

recruiting is improving, lets give the staff some slack until we see how the next class winds up.

Osun has not committed to SU (yet?). Bazely is gone.

I just find it concerning how easily Duke seems to undermine our strongest efforts. It seems almost effortless. We need a 25+ win season badly.

Osun has not committed to SU (yet?). Bazely is gone.

I just find it concerning how easily Duke seems to undermine our strongest efforts. It seems almost effortless. We need a 25+ win season badly.
duke stole tucker from us which probably was a blessing in disguise.

it has seems like stewart never really seriously considers us and that he is dancing with us and we are dancing w him only because he is an upstate kid. why he does not seem to really like us is a mystery to me. it should be a great fit, but has little to do w duke.

as for girard, i somehow get the feeling that the staff is not in love with him, but would take him if he fell into our lap.

so, yes, duke is a true blublood and they will beat us in recruiting battles far more often than not, but i am not seeing how they are particularly hurting us right now.

duke stole tucker from us which probably was a blessing in disguise.

it has seems like stewart never really seriously considers us and that he is dancing with us and we are dancing w him only because he is an upstate kid. why he does not seem to really like us is a mystery to me. it should be a great fit, but has little to do w duke.

as for girard, i somehow get the feeling that the staff is not in love with him, but would take him if he fell into our lap.

so, yes, duke is a true blublood and they will beat us in recruiting battles far more often than not, but i am not seeing how they are particularly hurting us right now.

How are they not hurting us? They just swiped Tucker and O'Connell from us a year ago at times that we really wanted both. Now they might be taking the 2 best upstate recruits in the past handful of years in the '19 class. All the while, we are still digging through the junkyard of the '18 class just hoping to find guys worthy of a scholarship so that we can possibly have 5 on 5 practices with all D1 scholarship players.

How are they not hurting us? They just swiped Tucker and O'Connell from us a year ago at times that we really wanted both. Now they might be taking the 2 best upstate recruits in the past handful of years in the '19 class. All the while, we are still digging through the junkyard of the '18 class just hoping to find guys worthy of a scholarship so that we can possibly have 5 on 5 practices with all D1 scholarship players.
they are only hurting us if they get recruits that would have otherwise gone to the cuse. as said in my post, i think that only applies to tucker and losing him turned out to be no loss. i have not seen anywhere that in the cases of stewart, girard, or oconnell that it comes down to them or us.

they are only hurting us if they get recruits that would have otherwise gone to the cuse. as said in my post, i think that only applies to tucker and losing him turned out to be no loss. i have not seen anywhere that in the cases of stewart, girard, or oconnell that it comes down to them or us.

O'Connell made 3 visits. We were one of them. Same as Tucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom