Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the end of a just-published piece on JGIII by Ellis Williams in the Glens Falls "Post-Star":

The tentative plan is to sign his letter of intent during the NCAA's early signing period in mid-November. However, Girard hopes to verbally commit before that.

"You cannot be doing both basketball and football at the same time and expect both to be good. It is impossible," Girard said. "Which is kind of why I want to get the recruiting process over with."

Football starts Monday. Sounds like we'll be finding out very soon???

Does anyone from Section II know what GF has in football this year? If they aren't strong his season could be done in November which could dragg this out.

Syracuse basketball target Joe Girard III hoping to take more campus visits despite busy schedule
"Football starts in like five days. So if I'm able to then I'll do it. It's just the time. I don't really know when I'll be able to do it. I'd like to visit a few more, but if it doesn't and I feel comfortable making the decision then I'll do it.''
To me this sounds like he may already have a decision in his mind, “”but if it doesn’t and I feel comfortable making the decision then I’ll do it”.

We have too many guards at the inn tbh. Carey/Buddy/Goodine/HoWo

The fact that he is taking an official to BC is good news to me. Let's face it, BC isn't in the same class as a SU or Duke, and visiting there says that he is exploring all schools close to home. Just me reading the tea leaves.

It's insane to think some fans don't want Girard. The kid can flat out shoot from anywhere, is tough as nails, and is a winner. A Gmac clone in my opinion. He may have some shortcomings and may not be a perfect fit for the zone but that didn't seem to be a problem for Gmac. If I'm not mistaken we won our only NC with Gmac starting and playing a vital role. Also won two big east tournament titles in his era. Girard is not going to have to score 20 ppg, but will be a four year player who will be contribute and bring a winning attitude. And he's a local kid who will bring a flock of fans from the capital region every game. Sign me up for him every day and twice on Sundays!

I’d like Girard but wont be upset if we dont land him. He’s a luxury.

I should of known to temper my enthusiasm about this because this happens all the time to us

We have Goodine who is a top 100 player joining Carey and Buddy next year. That's not even counting Washington and Hughes.

Would people rather have Goodine or Girard?

This isn't Michigan or Duke. BC has had some players but hasn't been a post season player in a long time. With Gerry on the case, with his post season and big game prowess can't see what BC could possibly have to offer besides location. Location we also offer along with much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom