Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine all the possibilities of what a 13 man roster could offer.
A rotation of 7-8 players and a game rotation of 6.5.

Looking back at some pre-sanctions rosters, the 9th or 10th guy (not even getting to 13) on the roster wasn't very good and didn't usually stick around long (exceptions can be made though).

They just recently offered him. Here is thread Page 4 on recent info. The Utica paper link has info on him plus here's a tweet from other day -
Class of 2019 - Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT)

I’ve seen all 3 play last summer, Buddy and Girard on the Nike circuit and to a lesser degree Bertram on the Adidas circuit. All three are knock down shooters with their feet set and play a similar style. Bertram is the best ball handler of the three and can pull the ball on the floor and make things happen in a pick and roll situation but struggles getting his own shot. Girard can handle the ball but can be pressured by quicker guards. Buddy did not handle the ball much as City Rocks had 2 very good ball handlers at PG. Buddy is the tallest 6’5 of the three and Girard is nowhere near the 6’2 I’ve seen him listed as, at least not last summer. Girard has a solid build and is not afraid to mix it up, Bertram is thin, probably 6’3 and 150 or 60 pounds. I am sure prep school will help with that. Bertram would be the best defender on the top of the zone, has the height and lateral quickness. I think Buddy and Girard might struggle in the zone but playing at SU would be to their advantage because I just don’t see them as strong enough man to man defenders at the P5 level. That being said, they all have another year or so to improve.

I’ve seen all 3 play last summer, Buddy and Girard on the Nike circuit and to a lesser degree Bertram on the Adidas circuit. All three are knock down shooters with their feet set and play a similar style. Bertram is the best ball handler of the three and can pull the ball on the floor and make things happen in a pick and roll situation but struggles getting his own shot. Girard can handle the ball but can be pressured by quicker guards. Buddy did not handle the ball much as City Rocks had 2 very good ball handlers at PG. Buddy is the tallest 6’5 of the three and Girard is nowhere near the 6’2 I’ve seen him listed as, at least not last summer. Girard has a solid build and is not afraid to mix it up, Bertram is thin, probably 6’3 and 150 or 60 pounds. I am sure prep school will help with that. Bertram would be the best defender on the top of the zone, has the height and lateral quickness. I think Buddy and Girard might struggle in the zone but playing at SU would be to their advantage because I just don’t see them as strong enough man to man defenders at the P5 level. That being said, they all have another year or so to improve.

Thanks for the first hand observations. Appreciate your perspective, having seen them.

People forget that these white boy shooters have to have a tight sideline game. Girard hasn't been able to display his because he plays so much. We don't even know if he has the bow and arrow move. My guess is that at his visit, they watched him closely in the stands to see if he put any moves on. The fact that he got no offer tells me that he sat on his hands.

Yep gunna regret this one..even if we do offer now the kid will feel like we gave him the cold shoulder for too long and will go elsewhere. Don't get this one when he's in our backyard.

Yep gunna regret this one..even if we do offer now the kid will feel like we gave him the cold shoulder for too long and will go elsewhere. Don't get this one when he's in our backyard.

Plain and simple... it's dumb! Girard at Michigan will be the next Spike Albrecht for them. He could be the next Gmac here. Head scratcher to me.

Plain and simple... it's dumb! Girard at Michigan will be the next Spike Albrecht for them. He could be the next Gmac here. Head scratcher to me.

He's going to be better than Spike Albrecht. But there is an ocean of difference between Albrecht and Gerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom