Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20180202-213638.png
looks to me like he is a cuse fan ;)

Congrats to Joe Girard. He and his family have put in a ton of work. Nice to see a local kid get offered. I think he can be really productive and carve out a nice role at SU. Section II has been putting out a lot of high end players over the last 20 years.
Section II has had some pretty solid players but none that we offered since Craig Forth. However, we have had a lot of players come through the City Rocks program but all of them were from outside the Albany area. Of course, I am not counting Nolan Hart but he was always a great ambassador (and I assume still is) for Cuse hoops. I am very happy to see this offer extended and we will see what happens.

Section II has had some pretty solid players but none that we offered since Craig Forth. However, we have had a lot of players come through the City Rocks program but all of them were from outside the Albany area. Of course, I am not counting Nolan Hart but he was always a great ambassador (and I assume still is) for Cuse hoops. I am very happy to see this offer extended and we will see what happens.

They offered Huerter and Wright. You also had three or four pretty good players in the few years before Forth. You had guys like Willie Deane, James Thomas, and Lionel Chalmers (the latter two played in the NBA). Then you had the McKreith, Freeman/Forth years. Then the next wave with guys like Taylor Battle and Fredette. Leading up to the more recent run with Huerter, Platek, Wright, and Cremo (who was probably a power 5 kid that always wanted to go to Albany). I don't know if any of these kids garnered offers, but most of those kids, if not all, could have been productive players for SU. I was hoping maybe Cremo would grad-transfer here for next season. He'd be a good fit.

Section II sports in general have been on the rise. Look at baseball. It's insane to think that the Suburban Council produced kids that would go 9th, 13th, and 3rd respectively in the MLB draft from 2014-2016, and had another kid batting cleanup on a CWS championship team.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the injury to Washington pushed JB to offer Joe. Is Washington's injury career ending? Maybe they feel he won't be the same player after his injury. Either way I'm just glad we finally offered him.

They offered Huerter and Wright. You also had three or four pretty good players in the few years before Forth. You had guys like Willie Deane, James Thomas, and Lionel Chalmers (the latter two played in the NBA). Then you had the McKreith, Freeman/Forth years. Then the next wave with guys like Taylor Battle and Fredette. Leading up to the more recent run with Huerter, Platek, Wright, and Cremo (who was probably a power 5 kid that always wanted to go to Albany). I don't know if any of these kids garnered offers, but most of those kids, if not all, could have been productive players for SU. I was hoping maybe Cremo would grad-transfer here for next season. He'd be a good fit.

Section II sports in general have been on the rise. Look at baseball. It's insane to think that the Suburban Council produced kids that would go 9th, 13th, and 3rd respectively in the MLB draft from 2014-2016, and had another kid batting cleanup on a CWS championship team.
Yes, the two guys we offered we wanted them to wait a year, although not sure anyone expected Wright to enroll this year. We just haven't clicked. Don't forget Mark Lyons as well. Some good solid players we missed out on.

I'm wondering if the injury to Washington pushed JB to offer Joe. Is Washington's injury career ending? Maybe they feel he won't be the same player after his injury. Either way I'm just glad we finally offered him.

Think he just rewatched the GT game and was like good God this is disgusting.

Someone else mentioned , and I don’t think it’s inconceivable , that if Howard has to miss next season to recover from his injury anyway, he might use that year as his sit out year should he decide to transfer to another program where he feels he has more opportunity in the future. Could be related to offer , may not be. Totally speculating.

Last edited:
you put up those kind of numbers anywhere you can play . question will be whether joe thinks he would see more court time on some other campus.
i do hope our recruiting pitch contains " well if you invest 4 years in our backcourt you're guaranteed an asst. coaching position here when you graduate..."

JB didn't play HW before the injury so even if he makes a complete recovery ( lets hope so) the kid has to question where he stands. Good decision to offer Girard but I guess he has to wonder where he fits in as well with Buddy, Hughes and Goodine.

Last edited:
JB didn't play HW before the injury so even if he makes a complete recovery ( lets hope so) the kid has to question where he stands. Good decision to offer Girard but I guess he has to wonder where he fits in as well with Buddy, Hughes and Goodine.
Hopefully he remembers the space on the floor for City Rocks, that he and Buddy created together, to get them both a ton of open looks!!

A year in prep school could benefit Girard, but I think he stays at Glens Falls.

Kid has so many options and will only add more if he stays, and plays football his senior season.

An older article but good read.

Best in Upstate: Glens Falls standout might play two college sports
If he plans to make basketball his college career, he might want to think about foregoing football. Chances of serious injury there are so much higher than in hoops.

Just my thoughts.

If he plans to make basketball his college career, he might want to think about foregoing football. Chances of serious injury there are so much higher than in hoops.

Just my thoughts.

I agree 100% and wish he would.

I just think he stays and tries to add to his already impressive resume and win another state title. Doesn't seem the type to give up something he enjoys and works hard at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom