Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why is this post still up?:p
81d51e6b607e7de02012d17784212d2a0a85a645edc60b7cde223253d601b946.jpg

More worried we didn't offer him a looooong time ago AND stayed on him. I would bet someone still hasn't been to his HS gym for a game.
GMac was there for a game on Friday. Posted earlier in this thread. Not sure if that was the first time we visited his HS gym, but we've definitely been there.

More worried we didn't offer him a looooong time ago AND stayed on him. I would bet someone still hasn't been to his HS gym for a game.
You do know his son played AAU with JGIII on the Rocks. There is a pre-existing relationship. Whether or not he has been to the high school gym is somewhat irrelevant.

Exact type of ND kid who plays 4 years and lights us up in a game or two
ND is the team I am most worried about, compared to any of the other teams showing interest.

You do know his son played AAU with JGIII on the Rocks. There is a pre-existing relationship. Whether or not he has been to the high school gym is somewhat irrelevant.
We ALL know that. We ALL know Mr. Stewart from Rochester has a similar pre-existing relationship. Been to Indiana lately??? Have your head coach NEGLECT to keep on the recruiting heat and watch things slip away...... It happens.. DON'T let it. My point, lazy recruiting can come back to bite you in the a##. Do you realize someone skipped out on recruiting a couple summers ago??? Olympics more important??? Your current roster shows it.

Its funny how the offer has made the kid that much better of a player on this board. In my limited sample size of seeing him (I've seen him play football more) he is a great shooter, understands how to play, competes, and is underrated athletically (he is a better athlete than GMAC was). He is not Jimmer and won't average 20 a game, and may struggle to defend and won't get shots off unless he is in the right system. That said I am glad we offered, and hope he comes. Basketball IQ, competitive and a GREAT shooter. Sign me up every time.

We ALL know that. We ALL know Mr. Stewart from Rochester has a similar pre-existing relationship. Been to Indiana lately??? Have your head coach NEGLECT to keep on the recruiting heat and watch things slip away... It happens.. DON'T let it. My point, lazy recruiting can come back to bite you in the a##. Do you realize someone skipped out on recruiting a couple summers ago??? Olympics more important??? Your current roster shows it.
So who's your favorite team? If you live in Syracuse, it must be painful seeing Syracuse have all the success over the last 42 years that it has. You do realize that no other program has as many active winning seasons in a row.

Its funny how the offer has made the kid that much better of a player on this board. In my limited sample size of seeing him (I've seen him play football more) he is a great shooter, understands how to play, competes, and is underrated athletically (he is a better athlete than GMAC was). He is not Jimmer and won't average 20 a game, and may struggle to defend and won't get shots off unless he is in the right system. That said I am glad we offered, and hope he comes. Basketball IQ, competitive and a GREAT shooter. Sign me up every time.
So like... 19 a game then?

Some quick hitters.

*The worst game shooting game I’ve ever seen him have bar none. He really struggled shooting the ball tonight. He missed a FT and I heard someone behind me say “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss a FT”..might have missed 2. If you’re a Syracuse fan this was a great game for ND to be scouting.

*Started finding his deep stroke in the 4th Q. Without looking he may have ended up with 5 threes out of about 15.

*Here’s the crazy thing with the woeful shooting night. He had 44 points. It was the quietest 44 I’ve ever seen in my life. He had a bunch of a layups and foul shots and they just add up, but he shot so bad from outside you’d never know he had that many points.

*He’s so much better than everyone around him he could shoot every time down the court if he wanted to but he doesn’t. I made a mental note that he’s very very unselfish, passed up a lot of open shots and distributed. In this environment I think that’s a rare trait. Fredette never passed the ball. Girard had some beautiful no look passes and threw some lazer bounces through traffic. He’s a really good passer. No doubt had double figure assist. Really looks to involve teammates.

*very good ball handler. Keeps it low to the ground. Very quick crosser over, btw legs, step back stuff. He can handle.

*lazy defender. (don’t read into that, could’ve been the fact they were crushing SGF, but he didn’t move his feet tonight, guys pretty much went by him at will.)

*I’d guess he is near 6-1. Definitely has grown and filling out.

*really elevates on his jumper. This puts him another 10-12” above the ground when he shoots.

*he looks bored to me. See bullet point #3

*ND’s Ryan Ayers was sitting front and center. Chatted up his Dad pregame.

Some quick hitters.

*The worst game shooting game I’ve ever seen him have bar none. He really struggled shooting the ball tonight. He missed a FT and I heard someone behind me say “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss a FT”..might have missed 2. If you’re a Syracuse fan this was a great game for ND to be scouting.

*Started finding his deep stroke in the 4th Q. Without looking he may have ended up with 5 threes out of about 15.

*Here’s the crazy thing with the woeful shooting night. He had 44 points. It was the quietest 44 I’ve ever seen in my life. He had a bunch of a layups and foul shots and they just add up, but he shot so bad from outside you’d never know he had that many points.

*He’s so much better than everyone around him he could shoot every time down the court if he wanted to but he doesn’t. I made a mental note that he’s very very unselfish, passed up a lot of open shots and distributed. In this environment I think that’s a rare trait. Fredette never passed the ball. Girard had some beautiful no look passes and threw some lazer bounces through traffic. He’s a really good passer. No doubt had double figure assist. Really looks to involve teammates.

*very good ball handler. Keeps it low to the ground. Very quick crosser over, btw legs, step back stuff. He can handle.

*lazy defender. (don’t read into that, could’ve been the fact they were crushing SGF, but he didn’t move his feet tonight, guys pretty much went by him at will.)

*really elevates on his jumper. This puts him another 10-12” above the ground when he shoots.

Nice post with a lot of good info. Liked it except for the last bullet.

Phat where you coming from up there to watch the games? SFG.. Never called it that before..

Some quick hitters.

Really nice summary, Tomcat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors