Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some quick hitters.

*The worst game shooting game I’ve ever seen him have bar none. He really struggled shooting the ball tonight. He missed a FT and I heard someone behind me say “I don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss a FT”..might have missed 2. If you’re a Syracuse fan this was a great game for ND to be scouting.

*Started finding his deep stroke in the 4th Q. Without looking he may have ended up with 5 threes out of about 15.

*Here’s the crazy thing with the woeful shooting night. He had 44 points. It was the quietest 44 I’ve ever seen in my life. He had a bunch of a layups and foul shots and they just add up, but he shot so bad from outside you’d never know he had that many points.

*He’s so much better than everyone around him he could shoot every time down the court if he wanted to but he doesn’t. I made a mental note that he’s very very unselfish, passed up a lot of open shots and distributed. In this environment I think that’s a rare trait. Fredette never passed the ball. Girard had some beautiful no look passes and threw some lazer bounces through traffic. He’s a really good passer. No doubt had double figure assist. Really looks to involve teammates.

*very good ball handler. Keeps it low to the ground. Very quick crosser over, btw legs, step back stuff. He can handle.

*lazy defender. (don’t read into that, could’ve been the fact they were crushing SGF, but he didn’t move his feet tonight, guys pretty much went by him at will.)

*I’d guess he is near 6-1. Definitely has grown and filling out.

*really elevates on his jumper. This puts him another 10-12” above the ground when he shoots.

*he looks bored to me. See bullet point #3

*ND’s Ryan Ayers was sitting front and center. Chatted up his Dad pregame.

Yeah, but how did he do against Adam Terry's old school, Queensbury?!

I knew what SFG stood for, just never heard it used when in those stomping grounds.

Great report.

Do you think he can play PG in the ACC for Syracuse? Will he be a defensive liability at the head of the 2-3?

Phat how really good is his handle? I know you said it but can you provide more details?

Phat how really good is his handle? I know you said it but can you provide more details?

He's just like Pearl, Tim Hardaway Sr, and Seth Curry.

only different. :p

So who's your favorite team? If you live in Syracuse, it must be painful seeing Syracuse have all the success over the last 42 years that it has. You do realize that no other program has as many active winning seasons in a row.
I don't live in Syracuse. Success????? I travelled 1 1/2 hours for years to brainwash kids with 4 season tix. I paid tuition for them (SU alums). Favorite team ?? It's between 84-86 Pearl years, 87-90ish Sherm, Coleman years, 2003 Obviously , '96 John Wallace and Flynn years. How's that?? NOT THE LAST 4 YEARS OF MISERY!!! TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS. Do you realize we haven't been in the final top 20, no 25 rankings in 3-4 years??? Jim Brown was great too. Keep up or move over with the history lessons. lol

I don't live in Syracuse. Success????? I travelled 1 1/2 hours for years to brainwash kids with 4 season tix. I paid tuition for them (SU alums). Favorite team ?? It's between 84-86 Pearl years, 87-90ish Sherm, Coleman years, 2003 Obviously , '96 John Wallace and Flynn years. How's that?? NOT THE LAST 4 YEARS OF MISERY!!! TAKE OFF THE BLINDERS. Do you realize we haven't been in the final top 20, no 25 rankings in 3-4 years??? Jim Brown was great too. Keep up or move over with the history lessons. lol

Au contraire - ended #10 after the 2015-16 season.

Last edited:
JGIII/Glens Falls sectional schedule.

Class B Boys’ Basketball Bracket

CLASS B SECTIONALS

FIRST ROUND
FEB. 20
16-Johnstown at 1-Mekeel Christian Academy, 7:30 p.m.
9-Cobleskill at 8-Bishop Gibbons, 7 p.m.
13-Taconic Hills at 4-Watervliet, 7 p.m.
12-Fonda at No. 5 Catskill, 7 p.m.
15-Tamarac at No. 2 Glens Falls, 7:30 p.m.
10-Voorheesville at 7-Schuylerville, 7 p.m.
14-Broadalbin-Perth at 3-Schalmont, 7:30 p.m.
11-Mechanicville at 6-Hudson, 7:30 p.m.

QUARTERFINALS
FEB. 23
Johnstown/MCA winner vs. Cobleskill/Bishop Gibbons winner at HVCC, 8 p.m.
Taconic Hills/Watervliet winner vs. Fonda/Catskill winner at HVCC, 6:30 p.m.
Tamarac/Glens Falls winner vs. Voorheesville/Schuylerville winner at Shenendehowa, 6:30 p.m.
Broadalbin-Perth/Schalmont winner vs. Mechanicville/Hudson winner at Shenendehowa, 5 p.m.

SEMIFINALS
FEB. 26
at Cool Insuring Arena, 6:30 and 8 p.m.

FINAL
MARCH 2
at Cool Insuring Arena, 7:15 p.m.

No, you are wrong. Syracuse finished the season #10 in the coaches poll. Scroll right to see the final poll.

2015–16 NCAA Division I men's basketball rankings - Wikipedia

But to get back to Joe, has he established a timeline for making a decision yet? Will it happen during the summer?
Sorry for getting side tracked..WE WANT Joe G III!!!!!!!!!

Part B) we did not make the regular season final AP or Coaches poll. We did make the Final coach's Poll after the NCAAs. AP does not show one according to link you provided. I'll stand corrected w/ that caveat.

I, for one, was miserable as well when the team made it to the Final Four in 2016.
WANT JOE G III...part b...see above response. And we were a bubble team that year. If not for NCAA run (MSU Upset by MTSU) we would not have been ranked. Sorry for my partial mis -speak..

JGIII/Glens Falls sectional schedule.

Class B Boys’ Basketball Bracket

CLASS B SECTIONALS

FIRST ROUND
FEB. 20

16-Johnstown at 1-Mekeel Christian Academy, 7:30 p.m.
9-Cobleskill at 8-Bishop Gibbons, 7 p.m.
13-Taconic Hills at 4-Watervliet, 7 p.m.
12-Fonda at No. 5 Catskill, 7 p.m.
15-Tamarac at No. 2 Glens Falls, 7:30 p.m.
10-Voorheesville at 7-Schuylerville, 7 p.m.
14-Broadalbin-Perth at 3-Schalmont, 7:30 p.m.
11-Mechanicville at 6-Hudson, 7:30 p.m.

QUARTERFINALS
FEB. 23

Johnstown/MCA winner vs. Cobleskill/Bishop Gibbons winner at HVCC, 8 p.m.
Taconic Hills/Watervliet winner vs. Fonda/Catskill winner at HVCC, 6:30 p.m.
Tamarac/Glens Falls winner vs. Voorheesville/Schuylerville winner at Shenendehowa, 6:30 p.m.
Broadalbin-Perth/Schalmont winner vs. Mechanicville/Hudson winner at Shenendehowa, 5 p.m.

SEMIFINALS
FEB. 26

at Cool Insuring Arena, 6:30 and 8 p.m.

FINAL
MARCH 2

at Cool Insuring Arena, 7:15 p.m.
I don't think GF wins this - I think Mekeel is the best team though I've only seen both play once. I think they have a low level D1 kid as well.

I don't think GF wins this - I think Mekeel is the best team though I've only seen both play once. I think they have a low level D1 kid as well.
Well if chalk holds, then they will be playing the game at the Glens Falls CC. Probably will be sold out with 90+ percent rooting for GF. But you are right, Mekeel is probably the better team. They beat Green Tech this year and Green Tech has a starting Freshman point guard that maybe we should start a thread about him. Josh Rodriquez. Just had 44 ponts against Albany Academy, a team with two players who are going to be D-1 (and that I believe we have offered).

Last edited:
it would be fascinating to see how a roster with Buddy and Joe would shake out... I mean, I just can't see Boeheim not playing Buddy.

I'm sure everyone recruiting against us is saying to Joe "Do you really think Boeheim's going to play you over his own son?"

it would be fascinating to see how a roster with Buddy and Joe would shake out... I mean, I just can't see Boeheim not playing Buddy.

I'm sure everyone recruiting against us is saying to Joe "Do you really think Boeheim's going to play you over his own son?"

They will not be playing the same position.

Yeah, can you imagine the response back when our coaching staff replies that with our staff we could develop and have the new and growing collegiate version of James Harden and Chris Paul with who almost all the national experts were also convinced would not work here in SE Texas.

In a more Syracuse tradition we had the Louie and Bouie show. I for one can see a few years down the road having the Buddy and Joey show rocking the dome. If we need to stick to guards maybe we go from
Roy’s Runts to Jimbo’s Gymrats! As you may be able to tell, I love wearing the Orange glasses and drinking the Orange Cider! LOL!

That could be true but it didn't impact Brycen Goodine, who is a combo guard.

JB was cold enough to tell Buddy's brother, you are not good enough to play for me, but Buddy is. I don't think there will be a problem playing the best players. I think JB is one of the great compartmentalizers there is.

Still trying to figure out who would play where. Is Joe a 2? I thought Buddy was as well, yet it was said above that they don’t play the same position. Joe doesn’t really have the height for the position. If he’s a point guard, which I’ve heard people question, it doesn’t sound like he’d play over Carey. Since I’m not as well versed on the hoops recruits, how would this shake out?

JB was cold enough to tell Buddy's brother, you are not good enough to play for me, but Buddy is. I don't think there will be a problem playing the best players. I think JB is one of the great compartmentalizers there is.

Hope you meant honest certainly not cold and Jimmy was smart enough not to have to be ‘told’, knowing what he wanted just like Buddy did. :rolleyes:He’s just a true freshman and at the college that is the best fit for him and where he wanted to be. If you had followed at all, his list were Ivy League schools. Good for him.
Jimmy Boeheim

Still trying to figure out who would play where. Is Joe a 2? I thought Buddy was as well, yet it was said above that they don’t play the same position. Joe doesn’t really have the height for the position. If he’s a point guard, which I’ve heard people question, it doesn’t sound like he’d play over Carey. Since I’m not as well versed on the hoops recruits, how would this shake out?

Competition settles all, and you need a back up at every position as shown by this years problems. Joe plays point in HS, not saying he will be that guy going forward. Look if he comes here it will all sort itself out based on abilities, but lets not get the cart ahead of the horse, kid has not even committed yet.

Last edited:
Girard Is a combo guard but if you were going to assign him a position it would be a 2g.

I’d put Buddy at the 3.

Girard handles the ball a lot but I don’t know if I’d call him the teams pg. one of his cousins runs point in the half court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom