Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have 5 reg season games left. chance at 3 in sectionals likely then 2-3 in states.

11*50 so good chance it 4500+ if they win out.

they have 5 reg season games left. chance at 3 in sectionals likely then 2-3 in states.

11*50 so good chance it 4500+ if they win out.
I don't think they get out of the section this year.

I don't think they get out of the section this year.
Schalmont is ranked 2nd in the state and GF #4. I think Schalmont has improved over LY but GF seems to be about the same. JGIII knows he will need to bring it like last year where he scored 60 or so because they don't really have anyone who can defend O'Dell properly.

How Girard is ranked three stars baffles me – maybe because he's just a shooter? I don't think he will miss at SU – open looks it's in the net. Can't wait to see him play.
After looking at some film it's very evident he's the deal. Averaging 50 points a game for a season are you kidding!
It doesn't matter the competition he gets a window it's 3. Amazing! Good for him, his parents and friends and for us and SU. Congratulations, Joe. GOSU :)
It’s really bizarre. He’s even a guy that Dick Vitale namedropped during a game we weren’t even playing in when our program was brought up and he talked about guys coming in next year.

It’s really bizarre. He’s even a guy that Dick Vitale namedropped during a game we weren’t even playing in when our program was brought up and he talked about guys coming in next year.

one criticism, does he look like he plays slow to anyone else? very deliberate. its not necessarily a weakness. i think changing speeds can sometimes be more important than being super quick. a bit like tyler ennis but hes a lot smaller. so, my concern is if he is deliberate but also doesn't have great size, could his game struggle to translate at high d1 level? it may not, but it will be interesting to see if he comes out as a solid player right away, or if it takes a couple of years.

i think it was interesting that he averaged only 12 or so in aau (or maybe it was the eybl.) waters cited it earlier this week. does anyone know if he had any monster games against the top flight competition in aau?

Hopefully this kid stays all 4 years at Syracuse. Seems like the type of kid and player that would.

Can't wait to have another natural scorer on this team. It's badly needed.

New career high for JG3 and section record last night... for a kid that's averaged 50ish points for 2 straight seasons, I'm a little surprised that his previous career high was "only" 60. Congrats on another milestone, Joe!

New career high for JG3 and section record last night... for a kid that's averaged 50ish points for 2 straight seasons, I'm a little surprised that his previous career high was "only" 60. Congrats on another milestone, Joe!

Agreed. Amazing! You realize that is a testament to how CONSISTENTLY he gets 50 +/-5 points? Unbelievable.

Here is the NYS all-time single-game scoring list...
Screenshot_20190209-200024_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors