Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 183 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
JG3's final number of 4,766 HS points scored! Incredible.

I'm sure JG3 wanted to finish higher on the list. Those are the things that drives him to be better. The kid is no shrinking violet.

JB is telling him if you shoot some of those shots next year and don’t play better defense, your ass will be next to me.

how good do people expect class B to be? There are 2 levels above it in NY. they are closer to a Class C in size than an AA.

Marius Janulis played for a class D school and was a pretty good shooter who had a nice career.

how good do people expect class B to be? There are 2 levels above it in NY. they are closer to a Class C in size than an AA.

Marius Janulis played for a class D school and was a pretty good shooter who had a nice career.

They did play multiple bigger schools in A and in Georgia this year and beat all but 1.

I think he can handle most of the ball handling issues, whether he can handle 1-1 pressure of the elite guys we will find out, but there are only a few teams a yr that create that kind of pressure. Not sure he can finish in the lane yet against bigs, but I also dont expect 30 ft shots will be needed under pressure like he takes now.

He can pass though and if he goes by guys and they dont help out he will get open shots with way less pressure than he takes now or pass to open guys.

I think he is a bit quicker than Buddy and Buddy will get by guys next yr as he gets a bit stronger.

If he can come in and average ~6ppg as a freshman (~1.5 treys), I would be quite happy. Impossible to predict anything at the moment because playing time is so open. Even still, assuming he's not completely over-matched year 1 (again, it's hard to predict this stuff), he is always a guy we can sub in late in games for FT shooting and extra ball handling.

I think he can handle most of the ball handling issues, whether he can handle 1-1 pressure of the elite guys we will find out, but there are only a few teams a yr that create that kind of pressure. Not sure he can finish in the lane yet against bigs, but I also dont expect 30 ft shots will be needed under pressure like he takes now.

He can pass though and if he goes by guys and they dont help out he will get open shots with way less pressure than he takes now or pass to open guys.

I think he is a bit quicker than Buddy and Buddy will get by guys next yr as he gets a bit stronger.
Girard has better ability to get by people than any of the guards on this year’s team. As he gets bigger and stronger, he will be difficult to deal with.

Girard has better ability to get by people than any of the guards on this year’s team. As he gets bigger and stronger, he will be difficult to deal with.

In the first Duke game, even Frank Howard was having trouble getting by Tre Jones - until Frank hit him and separated his shoulder. Since JG3 was a star football player, he should be able to do the same ;)

I feel like basketball in NY as a whole is wayyyy down. I went to Clarkstown South which is AA in section 1. When I played we would be lucky to keep it within 50 against Mt Vernon. Total diff class of kids who played there at that time, now they barely beat South in the section final past couple times which is unfathomable to me. Prep schools in New England take all the top kids, great for the kids but it dillutes the state. Teams like Mt Vernon arent holding on to these top kids anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom