Chad Ford at it again : McCullough could still be first round pick | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford at it again : McCullough could still be first round pick

Chad Ford is like the Youtube star. The closest they will ever get to fame is getting to be on a season of dancing with the stars. Where's Chad he will never be an NBA Front office or Scout. And you know he longs and prob thinks he can be one.

Why would he want to be an NBA scout when he almost certainly makes more than they do and doesn't have to constantly travel to the middle-of-nowhere USA and beyond?

Chad Ford is like the Youtube star. The closest they will ever get to fame is getting to be on a season of dancing with the stars. Where's Chad he will never be an NBA Front office or Scout. And you know he longs and prob thinks he can be one.
So?

I'm thinking CuseHulk 1) has no idea how any of this works, and 2) is convinced that Chad Ford killed his dog when he was younger.

No Chad Ford is the reason (and our Coach agrees) that guys go/leave to early and then don't get drafted where they thought. Because they and their parents/family/inner circle get their heads filled with this stuff.

Our Coach just said this.

No Chad Ford is the reason (and our Coach agrees) that guys go/leave to early and then don't get drafted where they thought. Because they and their parents/family/inner circle get their heads filled with this stuff.

No, he's not. Chad Ford is not the reason kids go pro early. If you honestly believe that, you're clueless.

How do you feel about Todd McShay and Mel Kiper?

Even Boeheim knows that Ford ultimately has NO impact on what kids decide to do. It's agents, and family members, and peers (remember, LeBron was texting Melo every day when Melo was at SU, telling him he should have gone pro out of HS so they could play against each other), etc.

No, he's not. Chad Ford is not the reason kids go pro early. If you honestly believe that, you're clueless.

Even Boeheim knows that Ford ultimately has NO impact on what kids decide to do. It's agents, and family members, and peers (remember, LeBron was texting Melo every day when Melo was at SU, telling him he should have gone pro out of HS so they could play against each other), etc.

Lebron was a year below Melo. They were in the same draft class.

Lebron was a year below Melo. They were in the same draft class.
LeBron was still texting Melo every single day when Melo was at SU, telling him he should have gone pro. This is a fact. It was reported in the Daily Orange when I was at SU during the 2002-03 season.

ESPN does not pay Chad Ford to evaluate players. They pay Chad Ford because he has excellent and numerous contacts with GMs, AGMs, scouts and coaches. The evaluations that he publishes are not his own, they are the compilation of what he has been told by all these other knowledgeable sources.

Chad Ford is not the reason these kids go early (and JB knows this; he was speaking out of frustration). They go early because their own skills, talents, performances and in some cases simply physical stature make an impression on decision makers.

And of course it goes both ways - for every kid who gets an inflated sense of self because of where he sees himself sitting on Ford's Big Board, there are probably a dozen who have their delusions stripped from them because they see how low they are.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I'm guessing you get irritated when you don't like how low certain Syracuse players (CJ, Rak for instance) are on Ford's big board.

I actually really like Todd McShay.

Now as for Mel Kiper Jr.

On Ryan Leaf

"His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class]"

On Jimmy Clausen

"If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out"

There are so many more. Bill Tobin (former Colt's GM) said it best. Back in the day Mel tried to hang around the Baltimore Colt's to get a job with them. However he had no credentials and still does not. There is a great video of him destroying. But now a days to PC so many people prob just bite their lips.

And then you have the bias. That all these draft guys and recruiting guys have to bump up and bump down certain players. It's all the same.

I actually really like Todd McShay.

Now as for Mel Kiper Jr.

On Ryan Leaf

"His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class]"

On Jimmy Clausen

"If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out"

There are so many more. Bill Tobin (former Colt's GM) said it best. Back in the day Mel tried to hang around the Baltimore Colt's to get a job with them. However he had no credentials and still does not. There is a great video of him destroying. But now a days to PC so many people prob just bite their lips.

And then you have the bias. That all these draft guys and recruiting guys have to bump up and bump down certain players. It's all the same.

Tell you what Hulk, you make a mock draft this year, prove you can do the job so much better, and I'll listen to you ridiculous rants on their jobs.

Please name all the famous NBA scouts you allude to. Feel free to go back to the time of Adam and Eve.

1. ____________
2.____________
3. ____________

Seriously, can anyone here actually name even one NBA scout (other than newmexicuse)?

mel kiper jr is the reason i will NEVER dye my hair. what further proof do you need that sh%t rots your brain cells?

I feel like I need to go back and just sum up the thread title:

"Chad Ford at it again: bastard is doing what he's paid a lot of money to do whenever ESPN tells him to do it."

Seriously, can anyone here actually name even one NBA scout (other than newmexicuse)?

Jesse Buss, youngest son of Jerry Buss and Ryan West, son of Jerry West are scouting directors for the Lakers. Chaz Osbourne, drinking buddy & personal bartender of Jimmy Buss, is one of their college scouts.

nepotism & cronyism. and that is why the Lakers are down and won't be back for a while.

for weeks and weeks I warned him that all three of Flynn, Devo & Harris could declare for the draft, which he said was an impossibility. refused to entertain the thought. when it happened, he evaporated like Kaiser Soze

I remember people just didn't seem to understand why Flynn absolutely should declare and go to the draft. A sub 6' lead guard with an inconsistent jumper who was going to be a lottery pick. After that 6OT game boosted him to stardom his stock was highly unlikely to ever be better.

Jesse Buss, youngest son of Jerry Buss and Ryan West, son of Jerry West are scouting directors for the Lakers. Chaz Osbourne, drinking buddy & personal bartender of Jimmy Buss, is one of their college scouts.

nepotism & cronyism. and that is why the Lakers are down and won't be back for a while.
Troy Weaver was a scout, right? But now he's apparently the hottest "future GM" commodity in the NBA. Of course, we probably know his name for other reasons.

CuseHulk.png

What's it like to not be in reality?

Say hi to Leonardo DiCaprio for me.

i dont see anything wrong with this article to be honest. People just refuse to understand how the NBA works. Chris is no an NBA player, clearly, but he will be in 3 years. And some team will have drafted him years earlier to benefit from it.
And you know he will be an NBA player how? He has potential, but I have seen many, many players with just as much or more "potential" that never made it in the league. The jury is still far out on where Chris ends up.
I hope he does because I have no reason to wish he does not, but he is not any kind of lock at this point.

And you know he will be an NBA player how? He has potential, but I have seen many, many players with just as much or more "potential" that never made it in the league. The jury is still far out on where Chris ends up.
I hope he does because I have no reason to wish he does not, but he is not any kind of lock at this point.
You don't need to stick to be an NBA player. If you get drafted, and make the team, you are an NBA player.

You don't need to stick to be an NBA player. If you get drafted, and make the team, you are an NBA player.
Well thats one man's opinion of what constitutes an NBA player. It is not mine, but my point was that many players are drafted on potential who never see significant NBA play or cash. I think we all would be happy with just an NBA signing bonus if we could get it though. I do not think that would make them an NBA player though because, kind of by definition, you need to end up actually playing in the league to be considered a player.