Chad Kelly and Clemson... | Syracusefan.com

Chad Kelly and Clemson...

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
Had a call over the weekend with some interesting tidbits regarding our onetime recruit. Sounds like trouble continues to follow this kid. Apparently, Chad has been in two separate physical altercations this semester. One was with a teammate in and around the FSU game and secondly on a visit back to Buffalo. Additionally, he is most likely having academic issues (not attending classes/partying). He could very well be could be on his way out, unclear. The QB situation @ Clemson will get interesting if Boyd enters the draft. My nephew in law has the strongest arm of the young guns (walk-on True Freshman 4*)and may indeed be the possible starter (6'4/215) next year. His best friend is the #1 ESPN recruit for 2013.

I am still recruiting his younger brother for the CUSE, who is a sophomore/QB in GA.

Good win Friday, let's get after Rutgers Saturday...

Honestly, I am not surprised. Being from Buffalo I have never heard anything positive about his character ever. Everyone seemed to know he was a wild cannon. It is sad because he has a ton of talent and a ton of potential.

My guess he transfers back to UB and has a decent career there.

Several disagreed when I said we did not want the kid. Lots of issues in NY as well as PA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Several disagreed when I said we did not want the kid. Lots of issues in NY as well as PA.

But but but, everyone said you were crazy because he has so much talent

Had a call over the weekend with some interesting tidbits regarding our onetime recruit. Sounds like trouble continues to follow this kid. Apparently, Chad has been in two separate physical altercations this semester. One was with a teammate in and around the FSU game and secondly on a visit back to Buffalo. Additionally, he is most likely having academic issues (not attending classes/partying). He could very well be could be on his way out, unclear. The QB situation @ Clemson will get interesting if Boyd enters the draft. My nephew in law has the strongest arm of the young guns (walk-on True Freshman 4*)and may indeed be the possible starter (6'4/215) next year. His best friend is the #1 ESPN recruit for 2013.

I am still recruiting his younger brother for the CUSE, who is a sophomore/QB in GA.

Good win Friday, let's get after Rutgers Saturday...
why would your nephew in law walk on at Clempson if he was a 4* recruit? loves the school that much and didn't want to make them use a scholly on him?

He had a full ride @ Miss St and left the school late in the summer - didn't leave too many options.. His parents were not happy and will be a costly year/error for them... He won a state championship last year as a senior.. Kid is a stud! They will have half his HS team playing with him @ Clemson and its only a hour drive from home.

They ran him out of his hometown in PA on a rail, and that is a place where they worship scholastic football players.

Lots of speculation, but I guess that is what the internet is all about

Like father like son.
He's Jim Kelly's nephew. If you are trying to say he's his son and that Jim Kelly isn't a good role model you are sadly mistaken. Jim Kelly did not have a good reputation at that same age and right after college, but he has matured to be one of the best possible human beings. His real son died at, I believe, 6 years old to Krabbe disease. Jim Kelly and his family started Hunters Hope named after his son to raise money for a cure and to help raise awareness and testing standards. And he couldn't be a more stand up person in the Buffalo community, A place he wanted nothing to do with in his early 20's.

I don't see "lots" of speculation.

Not sure of the point of your post IB. If you don't appreciate the thread, move on. I was sharing developments coming directly from the program. Shared because I know most of the SU fans cared about Kelly during the recruiting process. I have spoken to Adkins a few times regarding a few of these players. I have no problem not sharing.