Chance of Burr working our game Saturday: | Syracusefan.com

Chance of Burr working our game Saturday:

I wouldn't be surprised to see john cahill. Probably the two of them drive over from Albany together.

96%? 97%? Higher?
0%. Could be wrong on this but I believe JB put him on his banned list for reffing SU home games a year or so ago. The game at Georgetown on the other hand, yes, 95% plus.

0%. Could be wrong on this but I believe JB put him on his banned list for reffing SU home games a year or so ago. The game at Georgetown on the other hand, yes, 95% plus.
If this is the case, wouldn't that explain a lot of the problems we have with Burr? He obviously would know he is not allowed to work our home games and that would have to anger him to some extent. Even if its subconsciously, he would want to take some sort of revenge when calling the SU games he works elsewhere.

I would say john cahill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is the case, wouldn't that explain a lot of the problems we have with Burr? He obviously would know he is not allowed to work our home games and that would have to anger him to some extent. Even if its subconsciously, he would want to take some sort of revenge when calling the SU games he works elsewhere.
That wouldn't explain why he's always sucked before JB banned him, or why he also sucks in every other non-SU game he does.

If not Burr, its probably going to be John Cahill, Brian O'Connel, and Mike Stephens. O'Connell wil most likely be working a MAAC game Friday night so he will be within driving distance..

I checked, and it looks like Burr has not worked at the Dome since Feb. 2011.

I checked, and it looks like Burr has not worked at the Dome since Feb. 2011.

He did the Pace exhibition game this year. That was the only time

Since it our last Big East game against the Hoya's it's only fitting that we get the three best Big East refs ever...Froggy Paparo, Mickey Crowley and Larry Lembo...the younger fans might not remember these guys but they were as bad as Higgins and Burr are today...Only fitting :)

wait, coaches can do this? a banned ref list?? lol

Prepare for Michael "I'm more important than the players" Stevens.

Since it our last Big East game against the Hoya's it's only fitting that we get the three best Big East refs ever...Froggy Paparo, Mickey Crowley and Larry Lembo...the younger fans might not remember these guys but they were as bad as Higgins and Burr are today...Only fitting :)
You do realize its the last home game, not the last game?

Does anyone know how far in advance the officials for a game are scheduled? Is it all done before the season?

Yup. I'm more worried about Stephens than anyone

Stephens and Hess are the only ones that I bitch about. They make the game so ugly to watch

Watching Ted Valentine Monday night doing one of the games, it reminded me that he's been banned for years-- I think by the entire Big East. Once we leave we'll probably be stuck with him again.

All three are probably younger than Burr.

Since Higgins' retirement, Stevens has vaulted to a landslide victory for worst ref in bball, in my eyes. Burr is consistently bad, both ways, which is contemptible ... but Stevens is a Type triple-A personality that holds grudges and gets emphatically emotional with his calls. The type of person to think he is never wrong.

The scariest thing about Stevens is that he is, unlike Burr, nowhere near retirement.

Never forget! http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2011/02/the_disappearing_intentional_f.html

Referee Michael Stephens initially crossed his arms to signal an intentional foul. But referee Jamie Luckie over-ruled Stephens, who Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said denied making the call in the first place.

“It was called a hard foul,’’ Boeheim said. “(Stephens) said he didn’t. I don’t see too good, but he did. I said ‘You called it’ and he said ‘No I didn’t’.’’

Add 'liar' to the list.

Since Higgins' retirement, Stevens has vaulted to a landslide victory for worst ref in bball, in my eyes. Burr is consistently bad, both ways, which is contemptible ... but Stevens is a Type triple-A personality that holds grudges and gets emphatically emotional with his calls. The type of person to think he is never wrong.

The scariest thing about Stevens is that he is, unlike Burr, nowhere near retirement.

I actually hope we get Burr at Marquette Monday night as he seems to be more pro road team as opposed to pro home team.

Also worth pointing out, Burr has reffed 50% of our loses (@Pitt, @Villanova)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom