Charles Davis Tweeting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Charles Davis Tweeting...

No idea about him. Would actually prefer he didn't, we have too many RBs right now IMO.

J. Smith, PTG, AAM, Broyld (possibly), Edwards (commit), Smith (possible commit).

Would much rather have Laray if we had to choose between the two.

No Morris love? :)

Davis might be what Rene was supposed to be, a quick back who can also slide to the slot. SU has had so few playmakers I want everyone with speed.

Davis might be what Rene was supposed to be, a quick back who can also slide to the slot. SU has had so few playmakers I want everyone with speed.

Hell I'll take him just because he is so enthusiastic about the Cuse and doesn't even have a formal offer ... he is recruiting for us in spite of the situation and wants to be there ... plus he is a gifted athlete ... you can't have enough guys like that on your roster IMHO. He obviously is all in and is willing to tell anyone and everyone that playing for the Cuse is something they should consider, I would like to believe a player is more likely to listen to other players than a bunch of knuckleheaded fans swarming their twitter but who knows?

No Morris love? :)
Yikes I can't believe I forgot him and McFarlane... I rate Morris only behind Rome and PTG, think he might get carries this year.

What is the early word on AAM's weight this summer? We've seen some pics and reports of other guys, the person I'm most curious about is AAM.

I was never impressed by Rene's film in HS. Smith looks so much faster than Rene, plus he has a frame that could probably add more weight, and hopefully not at the cost of his speed. Smith just needs that one cut and can really fly. If he is used at RB, I hope they try to get him to run to space instead of the typical plow forward running style. Too many times last season it seemed the back lacked a bit of ingenuity in creating a play when the middle was clogged, and instead of bouncing outside, he fell forward for a slight gain. Would like to see some creativity, and Smith seems to have the speed to utilize the space that seemed to be there last year, but wasn't taken advantage of.

I loved this kid's highlight tape - really hope he makes it to SU for this year. Bring in a bunch of backs and let the competition begin.

Judging from his tweets I'd suggest he still has some academic hurdles in front of him.

agree on smith
A guy with his talent can be used in the slot if he can catch the ball with a degree of consistency. There is never "too much talent"couchburn

Is there any chance that Davis is going to Greyshirt (pay his way in the fall and practice as a walk-on and be given a scholarship in the spring if his grades are good enough)???

Judging from his tweets I'd suggest he still has some academic hurdles in front of him.
yes, because clearly you can judge a teenage athlete's academic standing by their tweeting grammar - I'm sure the kids already on the team could be confused with Shakespeare when reading their tweets

Is there any chance that Davis is going to Greyshirt (pay his way in the fall and practice as a walk-on and be given a scholarship in the spring if his grades are good enough)???

Greyshirting means that he wouldn't enroll until January.

yes, because clearly you can judge a teenage athlete's academic standing by their tweeting grammar - I'm sure the kids already on the team could be confused with Shakespeare when reading their tweets
"Well la-de-freakin'-dah! We got ourselves a writer here! Hey, Dad, I can't see too good. Is that Bill Shakespeare over there?. . .

I was genuinely just trying to make a funny, but let's also not pretend that multiple misspellings in one 140-character tweet probably is some sort of a reflection on one's academic achievements. But, generally, I"m sure he's a good kid and I couldn't actually care any less if he can spell as long as he can find some way to stay eligible and make lots of plays on the field.

No idea about him. Would actually prefer he didn't, we have too many RBs right now IMO.

J. Smith, PTG, AAM, Broyld (possibly), Edwards (commit), Smith (possible commit).

Would much rather have Laray if we had to choose between the two.

In looking at 247 they took off Davis a month ago but mysteriously showed up again. Our ranking is awful on the national scope, here's to a productive August.

http://syracuse.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits/2013/Football

I haven't heard of any change here? Any update from anybody?

In looking at 247 they took off Davis a month ago but mysteriously showed up again. Our ranking is awful on the national scope, here's to a productive August.

http://syracuse.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits/2013/Football

I haven't heard of any change here? Any update from anybody?

that's because there is a point system and the fewer commits the lower the score which means the lower the ranking.

They rate all 9 recruits 3 stars.

Buttgers by comparison is #40. With 14 out of 14 three star kids.

I notice Davis' twitter account is now private but at the top it says 'syracuse commit'.

I notice Davis' twitter account is now private but at the top it says 'syracuse commit'.

I like the pickup. Let's face it: none of our RBs are proven commodities. I like what we've seen of Jerome Smith, but it has yet to be determined whether he can (a) shoulder the load, (b) stay healthy, and (c) avoid injury.

PTG looked good for one half of one game. Otherwise, we don't have much body of work to judge him by.

Ditto Ameen-Moore.

I really like Morris [who isn't here yet] and Edwards [HS senior]--nice talent coming into the pipeline. I assume McFarland will eventually end up on defense.

So a guy like Davis who will ostensibly be here in the fall will AT MINIMUM will provide some depth and push PTG for the scat back role, and who might end up doing more than that if he can give us a playmaker with some elusiveness. And we need to stockpile playmakers in the worst way.

Like Bnoro, I want Laray Smith. But if Davis plays this year and Smith redshirts, they'd be spaced two years apart in eligibility. There's room for both Smith and Davis, IMO.

I like the pickup. Let's face it: none of our RBs are proven commodities. I like what we've seen of Jerome Smith, but it has yet to be determined whether he can (a) shoulder the load, (b) stay healthy, and (c) avoid injury.

PTG looked good for one half of one game. Otherwise, we don't have much body of work to judge him by.

Ditto Ameen-Moore.

I really like Morris [who isn't here yet] and Edwards [HS senior]--nice talent coming into the pipeline. I assume McFarland will eventually end up on defense.

So a guy like Davis who will ostensibly be here in the fall will AT MINIMUM will provide some depth and push PTG for the scat back role, and who might end up doing more than that if he can give us a playmaker with some elusiveness. And we need to stockpile playmakers in the worst way.

Like Bnoro, I want Laray Smith. But if Davis plays this year and Smith redshirts, they'd be spaced two years apart in eligibility. There's room for both Smith and Davis, IMO.
So, has Davis committed, or is this still a conditional thing? If Davis does committ may that not change our chances for Elijah Daniels? That would be something....

So, has Davis committed, or is this still a conditional thing? If Davis does committ may that not change our chances for Elijah Daniels? That would be something....

no one really knows. He's either going to show up on the Syracuse roster or the Milford roster this month.

Ditto Ameen-Moore.

He might be able to split out and catch passes to and he's another fast kid on specials.

we need play makers. And who knows, maybe he comes in and blows the field away. that would be a good problem to have.

I was genuinely just trying to make a funny, but let's also not pretend that multiple misspellings in one 140-character tweet probably is some sort of a reflection on one's academic achievements. But, generally, I"m sure he's a good kid and I couldn't actually care any less if he can spell as long as he can find some way to stay eligible and make lots of plays on the field.
my son, near the top of his class, only 8th grader at Bville to get a 100 on any regents last year, is a terrible speller.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

@Mrdavis25: Longconvo with coach #Wheatley I will be #cleared .. But #planb I will be placed somewere if not