Class of 2018 - Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse

giphy.gif

Jokes on us, there's no announcement because he decided to stay at Loyola.

Scanlan update: He says his decision won't happen today and 'may be moved back a bit', but it's between @UVAMensLax and @CuseMLAX. Put the 'Hoos in the lead when we first spoke, but Syracuse is definitely picking up steam after being 5th or 6th originally. Should be interesting.

Chase said he enjoyed his overnight visit at JHU on Thursday but that they didn't have his preferred major, while there was uncertainty regarding Cornell admissions, with his acceptance potentially requiring a mid-year enrollment.

Last edited:

Scanlan update: He says his decision won't happen today and 'may be moved back a bit', but it's between @UVAMensLax and @CuseMLAX. Put the 'Hoos in the lead when we first spoke, but Syracuse is definitely picking up steam after being 5th or 6th originally. Should be interesting.

Excellent development, SU made up a ton of ground here. Was UVA a few days ago. Someone came out and put in some work

Let’s hope the team reaches out to him. I think he is seeing the benefits and the HHH. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm actually surprised by this development and a bit happy. Kudos to the person(s) involved in bringing SU to the front after it looked like they were just an afterthought.

What is his preferred major?
Someone over on LaxFan said it was communications.

Having confirmed visits to Cornell, Hopkins, & an unconfirmed visit to ‘Cuse (he’s previously visited during his initial HS recruitment), I’m wondering if he’s pushed his decision back to allow him to visit UVA.

Having confirmed visits to Cornell, Hopkins, & an unconfirmed visit to ‘Cuse (he’s previously visited during his initial HS recruitment), I’m wondering if he’s pushed his decision back to allow him to visit UVA.

MY HOPE is that he's trying to wrap his head around the idea that SU has always made the most sense.

He pushed it back to see if he gets accepted into UVA and the cost is covered. If the cost is covered, its no doubt he will go there. Transferring to the school of the reigning national champions sounds very enticing, especially with his already formed relationship with Tiffany from the Iroquois national team. But this whole thing is just really annoying now. I know he wants to take his time and make the right decision which is understandable, but the right decision has been dangling in front of him this whole time. He said growing up his family lived week to week and didn't have a lot, but they had each other. And playing lacrosse is great, but he not only wants to be able to help his family out but be able to help people in general. With his major being communications, it should be a no brainer coming here-- with Newhouse being one of the top communications schools in the nation and how many connections Syracuse has-- which he can benefit from. I just hope he makes the right decision.