Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

I haven't heard the specific allegations but hearing some rumblings and other info coming out that there is definitely a portion of the team that is not a fan and some who don't want him back. Desko has his hands full right now.
From what I was told, the allegations are pretty serious in nature and non-CoVID related. Chase also deserves to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a broad, general sense as well. The team looks better and flows better with Seebold filling his spot and from what I was told, a lot of the guys are happy with the success Seebold has seen and he's earned the right to start and play.

He has 2 years of eligibility left he has over a 100 points and almost 100 goals in less then 2 seasons and u think seebold the answer after shooting 14%
If this kid did nothing wrong and being hammered like this over a allegation that he has been reinstated for. I would think anyone on that team could suffer the same consequences over a accusation true or false. This is opening the doors to bigger problems

He has 2 years of eligibility left he has over a 100 points and almost 100 goals in less then 2 seasons and u think seebold the answer after shooting 14%
If this kid did nothing wrong and being hammered like this over a allegation that he has been reinstated for. I would think anyone on that team could suffer the same consequences over a accusation true or false. This is opening the doors to bigger problems
There's no denying he is a talented player and he scores goals, but does he elevate the people around him? Does he make the extra pass to the wide open guy? Watch the early games this year, how many low angle, no angle shots does he take? They are great when they go in, no one says anything when they do, but when they don't fall, it's essentially a turnover. On that Barlow break against UVA, if you replace Seebold with Scanlan, he takes that poor angle shot at GLE and doesn't hit the cutting Hiltz in the slot for a better shot.

Understandable but the offense is not the problem with this team. in passed games it's been faceoff and defense. Did u not see the duke game he showed out and if curry passed down one more time instead of shooting it game would have went to overtime. This team is on a rollercoaster ride and if they are to go on a deep run in playoffs there going to need 22 in the game

I agree. I will admit I pretty much wrote Seebold off and was desperately wanting for Desko to replace him with a younger guy this year-- but he has surpassed my expectations of anything I thought he would do this year. With that being said-- he does not/cannot in any way replace Scanlan. He is not going to get this team to Championship Weekend. I'm sorry. Seebold could easily go back to 2nd line mid and put up the exact same numbers he did against Virginia and help this team win with his newfound confidence.

Re: Scanlan's allegations-- I'm ready for all of this to get wrapped up stat because quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of this program, Syracuse University, and Syracuse University Athletics in general constantly being portrayed in a negative spotlight the past 2-3 years. ADJW needs to get it together because its a mess.

I was thinking, hypothetically, what if there is still an on going investigation, but they suspended him prematurely and now there is a realization that maybe he shouldn't have been suspended before investigation is completed. But, I agree with you, if he is reinstated then it should be over. The whole thing is a hot mess.
If Syracuse suspended on an unproven allegation then that would be problematic to me.

If Syracuse suspended on an unproven allegation than that would be problematic to me.
It would be very problematic for me as well. I was just speaking hypothetically with no inside knowledge.

Understandable but the offense is not the problem with this team. in passed games it's been faceoff and defense. Did u not see the duke game he showed out and if curry passed down one more time instead of shooting it game would have went to overtime. This team is on a rollercoaster ride and if they are to go on a deep run in playoffs there going to need 22 in the game
The offense is a problem, just not as glaring as the defense and face off unit. He showed up for the Duke game and was matched up against someone other than JT and at times Duke has looked very vulnerable.

From what I was told, the allegations are pretty serious in nature and non-CoVID related. Chase also deserves to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a broad, general sense as well. The team looks better and flows better with Seebold filling his spot and from what I was told, a lot of the guys are happy with the success Seebold has seen and he's earned the right to start and play.

Unfortunately, those days are long gone. With all of these medium platforms, cultural trends, cancel culture, etc., we now live in a 'strict liability' type society. Where the burden of proof's onus is on you to disprove vs. the individual bringing forth the allegations, etc. to prove. :(

Unfortunately, those days are long gone. With all of these medium platforms, cultural trends, cancel culture, etc., we now live in a 'strict liability' type society. Where the burden of proof's onus is on you to disprove vs. the individual bringing forth the allegations, etc. to prove. :(
So true to ruin a young man future is a travesty. But there still laws and those haven't changed.
I believe that is why he was reinstated. But there are so many trolls under the bridge that only want destruction.

If what Chris is reporting is correct, Chase is done at SU.

So true to ruin a young man future is a travesty. But there still laws and those haven't changed.
I believe that is why he was reinstated. But there are so many trolls under the bridge that only want destruction.

Frankly, if the allegation is what i think it is, the law has changed (happened this summer), and that's why he was reinstated to the University (for now at least).

Yeah this is just frustrating at this point and hopefully more information will come out because as of now I don't know whether to believe he did something that warrants being kicked off the team or the school acted to fast and now has to backtrack? The majority of the team doesn't want him back because of what happened? Or he's really a problem in the locker-room? It's all very confusing.

"John Johnson II." That's quite the name. He's John, and is the son of John. And somewhere in his lineage (maybe just in name only), their was a John who was also the son of John - hence the Johnson. But different Johns.

true detective time GIF

1619544779227.png

This isn't Russia is it Danny? Is this Russia?

Call me an alarmist but if Desko does not come out and say something TODAY to clear this all up then he very well could be pressured to resign. His players are in open mutiny against a decision that by all accounts he made to reinstate Scanlan. They can't just indefinitely continue in this holding pattern of threatening to boycott team activities if a specific player shows up. Something has to happen, and it has to happen now. It's totally nuts. Every second this isn't revolved the program looks more and more like it's in disarray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom