Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

I have
My sources are pretty solid . As I said before, there is a lot of serious stuff going on here. it’s not covid rule breaking or a locker room argument. It’s time for him to move on.
No idea what is going on here, but allegations mean nothing if there is not solid evidence for something whatever that may be. Any one saying he should be gone is at this point way over their skis.

I have

No idea what is going on here, but allegations mean nothing if there is not solid evidence for something whatever that may be. Any one saying he should be gone is at this point way over their skis.
And anyone who is saying there is not solid evidence for something may also be way over their skis.

This will play out regardless of whether or not posters here like it. In its own time frame, whether we like it or not.

I stand with the kids. If they want him gone they have seen enough. If the stories I have heard verify I can see why.

Came across this earlier while snooping around. Regardless if the accusations/allegations are true or not, I'd imagine we've seen the last of Scanlan playing for SU. I know the rule about assuming but if this is how the team is reacting then I'm assuming it's not the first time this has happened.

And anyone who is saying there is not solid evidence for something may also be way over their skis.

This will play out regardless of whether or not posters here like it. In its own time frame, whether we like it or not.

this

Based on that article it doesn't make much sense for Scanlan to stay. Too much bad blood has been spilled.

I'd leave if I am him, university reinstated him and coaches welcomed him back, not much else he can do. I read this not that the captains are threatening to walk out but as captains they knew and told him that some players would if he practiced. The whole thing was handled poorly from the beginning, he and his dad should've let SU announce it to the team and the world and I think this goes a lot smoother.

Based on that article it doesn't make much sense for Scanlan to stay. Too much bad blood has been spilled.

Agreed, I like Chase as a player (not condoning whatever he did) but clearly there is more then this incident that has rubbed the team the wrong way. Hard to see a path back from him.

I'd leave if I am him, university reinstated him and coaches welcomed him back, not much else he can do. I read this not that the captains are threatening to walk out but as captains they knew and told him that some players would if he practiced. The whole thing was handled poorly from the beginning, he and his dad should've let SU announce it to the team and the world and I think this goes a lot smoother.

Based on what we know I don't think it mattered if Joe Biden announced he was being reinstated, the bridge was burned by whatever occurred. Su should have handled it differently but outcome appears it would have been the same

Assuming he's not welcomed back he does have 2 years of eligibilty left I imagine he'd want to play somewhere. I wonder if he'd be considered to toxic to land anywhere notable?

I initially thought it was some type of he said she said sexual assault but nothing referred to the DAs office. So now I’m going to grab my popcorn I guess and not patiently wait for this and the football roster to be released.

Pretty much sums up where were are and where the team is heading. Not what you want to see if your an SU fan pretty much all around.
Fair, but I am a fan of decency first. I applaud the captains and hope the administration demonstrates half as much integrity moving forward.

Teammates in my experience will give every possible benefit of the doubt to a fellow teammate when one exists. Even when the public may be up in arms. They are usually the last to abandon a player if there is any doubt. That they are taking this stand is absolutely enough for me.

Fair, but I am a fan of decency first. I applaud the captains and hope the administration demonstrates half as much integrity moving forward.

Teammates in my experience will give every possible benefit of the doubt to a fellow teammate when one exists. Even when the public may be up in arms. They are usually the last to abandon a player if there is any doubt. That they are taking this stand is absolutely enough for me.

I dont disagree but my comment was about the situation as a whole. Without having the full picture I can't back anyone 100% but if the team feels that strongly I certainly will go with them.

That the players are the ones who are taking a stand - basically because nobody else will - makes the program and Athletic Department look gutless, at best

Thats hard to say without knowing the facts. Who knows, maybe he shag another player’s girlfriend ala deshaun. Can the school kick him off the team for that? Probably not, but I could see the players taking a stand.

Thats hard to say without knowing the facts. Who knows, maybe he shag another player’s girlfriend ala deshaun. Can the school kick him off the team for that? Probably not, but I could see the players taking a stand.
I don’t think that he would have been suspended for having consensual relations with an adult

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom