Chemistry Exam | Syracusefan.com

Chemistry Exam

GooseMutt

All Conference
Although it's early this team isn't exhibiting good chemistry on the court and I wonder if there is any off the court. Do they hang with each other? I was trying to remember which past Orange team had the best most obvious chemistry. MCW senior year with Rak seemed like a team with great chemistry. The team that took Uconn to 6 over times seemed very tight. Any team really stand out?

Not much of a historian so not really sure. But I will definitely agree about the 6OT team. When I think of their chemistry I think of this moment.
download.jpeg

I'm still in college this actually might be my favorite memory as a cuse fan. I'm that young. But that was a special night for me, staying up way past my bedtime with my brother. So awesome.

Although it's early this team isn't exhibiting good chemistry on the court and I wonder if there is any off the court. Do they hang with each other? I was trying to remember which past Orange team had the best most obvious chemistry. MCW senior year with Rak seemed like a team with great chemistry. The team that took Uconn to 6 over times seemed very tight. Any team really stand out?

MCW was never a senior here.

MCW was never a senior here.

I think he means these dudes:
upload_2016-12-14_9-17-19.png

(Credit to this thread: SU vs HOYAS IN MSG) I agree; the point guard could rub some of his teammates the wrong way with his tantrums, but they worked hard and liked each other. Nice leadership on that team.

Obviously the 2010 and 1996 teams stood out as guys who were (mostly) fairly close and were all rowing in the same direction. Especially '96 - Sims, Wallace, Hill, and Cipolla had known each other since high school. I think one of the walk-ons was a former Nottingham kid, too. They'd been playing together and against each other for over a decade.

Going forward, I think it's very difficult to replicate that with fifth-year transfers, even if they're great kids. If it does happen, it'll take a good part of the season before guys get used to each other. This is why I think this team still has a fairly high ceiling. If each player finds his role, this group can get a lot better.

I think he means these dudes: View attachment 84846

(Credit to this thread: SU vs HOYAS IN MSG) I agree; the point guard could rub some of his teammates the wrong way with his tantrums, but they worked hard and liked each other. Nice leadership on that team.

Obviously the 2010 and 1996 teams stood out as guys who were (mostly) fairly close and were all rowing in the same direction. Especially '96 - Sims, Wallace, Hill, and Cipolla had known each other since high school. I think one of the walk-ons was a former Nottingham kid, too. They'd been playing together and against each other for over a decade.

Going forward, I think it's very difficult to replicate that with fifth-year transfers, even if they're great kids. If it does happen, it'll take a good part of the season before guys get used to each other. This is why I think this team still has a fairly high ceiling. If each player finds his role, this group can get a lot better.

They were my favorite SU team this decade. Faced some adversity, but stormed back to have a successful season. That team does NOT get enough respect around here for whatever reason, but the facts are they were almost as good as the team the year before according to most advanced statistical measures.

They were my favorite SU team this decade. Faced some adversity, but stormed back to have a successful season. That team does NOT get enough respect around here for whatever reason, but the facts are they were almost as good as the team the year before according to most advanced statistical measures.

I can't quite say the same (the guard play was maddening for too much of the year, and that season seems to mark the end of decent offense at SU), but their camaraderie and defensive effort and unity have grown on me. I like watching those clips that people post. I'm sure someone could piece together a better defensive team, but they had five guys who worked so well together. Watching that back line react to good ball movement is a thing of beauty.

I can't quite say the same (the guard play was maddening for too much of the year, and that season seems to mark the end of decent offense at SU), but their camaraderie and defensive effort and unity have grown on me. I like watching those clips that people post. I'm sure someone could piece together a better defensive team, but they had five guys who worked so well together. Watching that back line react to good ball movement is a thing of beauty.

2013 was only 1 point per possession worse in point differential than 2012. We actually still finished in the top 25 in offense, MCW and Triche were just kind of streaky players.

09-10' Hands down was the best Cuse "team" I have ever witnessed. I've been watching for 35 years. That team seemed to have tremendous chemistry and it showed on the court. It was also the only Cuse team that I feel truly had the killer instinct. they would step on teams throats and crush em. Regardless of what other teams had or won, to me, the 09-10 team was the best in SU History.

Just another reason to LOATHE GTown. Oh and Butler, and Duke. em all!

09-10' Hands down was the best Cuse "team" I have ever witnessed. I've been watching for 35 years. That team seemed to have tremendous chemistry and it showed on the court. It was also the only Cuse team that I feel truly had the killer instinct. they would step on teams throats and crush em. Regardless of what other teams had or won, to me, the 09-10 team was the best in SU History.

Just another reason to LOATHE GTown. Oh and Butler, and Duke. em all!

I agree...that 2009-10 team had the best on court chemistry of any SU team since the turn of the century imo. That was a high basketball IQ team.

chemistry is, in large part, a product of team performance. Regardless of personalities, winning teams always have good chemistry and losing teams tend to have bad chemistry. If we blow the Hoya game there will be finger pointing and chemistry will go south.

Obviously the 2003 Championship team had great chemistry, credit to Melo's humility and loyalty, and the friendship he had with Billy, plus the work ethic of GMac, Craig, Jeremy, Hakim and Josh to round out just a great group of dedicated talents.
1987 was pretty special too, but of course the General would have it no other way. Those guys loved to ball, and would crack their heads open to get a loose ball to a teammate. LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom