Chicago Roll Call | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chicago Roll Call

Secured my tickets for Friday and Sunday in the Bud Light Legends Lounge suite. Great pre-game bars around the United Center including the following: The Ogden Chicago (1659 W. Ogden Ave), The WestEnd (1326 W. Madison St.), Park Tavern (1645 W. Jackson St.), The Crossroads (1120 W. Madison St.), The Beer Bistro (1061 W. Madison St.). Also, check out the Goose Island Brewpub in the United Center and if you get a chance, take the Goose Island Brewery tour which is near the UC at 1800 W. Fulton St.
Go CUSE!

Secured my tickets for Friday and Sunday in the Bud Light Legends Lounge suite. Great pre-game bars around the United Center including the following: The Ogden Chicago (1659 W. Ogden Ave), The WestEnd (1326 W. Madison St.), Park Tavern (1645 W. Jackson St.), The Crossroads (1120 W. Madison St.), The Beer Bistro (1061 W. Madison St.). Also, check out the Goose Island Brewpub in the United Center and if you get a chance, take the Goose Island Brewery tour which is near the UC at 1800 W. Fulton St.
Go CUSE!
I really like the Beer Bistro. Went there before a Blackhawks game earlier this year. Not a bad walk to the UC either.

The Syracuse Chicago Alumni Club gathering place is Dinosaur BBQ on 923 W. Weed St. (Old Town neighborhood) but that is a slight distance from the UC.

I am saving my resources for the trip to Houston. I also hate Chicago for oh so many reasons.

I am also trying to save. If we win Friday, I'm calling out sick Monday and Tuesday during Final Four weekend.

Hate Chicago? It's honestly the best downtown environment I have ever been to. Can't make the trip this time though.
You have your opinion, I have mine. Spent a lot of time in Chicago and just not my type of place.

Oh I'm in. Chicago is my hometown. Bought plane tickets today. Anyone have a line on reasonable tickets to the game pls shoot me a message.

For anyone who needs recommendations:
Italian beef - Portillo's
Deep Dish - Lou Malnati's
Itallian food - Itallian village
Steakhouse - Chicago Cut

For the day off if it's nice go to millenium park, an expensive drink in the signature room at Hancock is a classy move with no better view.

Let me know if anyone has any questions and go Cuse
Yeah - forget Jordan's Steakhouse. A pedestrian steak.

How would we find out what sections are SU sections? My friends from Austin are looking for lower level tickets, but in the SU section. They sat with Middle Tenn folks yesterday, and they want to make sure that doesnt happen again lol

Go CUSE!
Just got word that the Syracuse Chicago Alumni Club will be meeting at The Ogden Chicago for its pre-game party on Friday. All are invited to attend but get to joint a little early for place gets crowded and expect lots of Iowa State fans to be there as well. See you there!

In. Wife & I are coming to Chicago for Friday's "tailgate" and game.

Note- unfortunately we have to leave Saturday so my two tickets are for sale for the Sunday session only. PM me if you are interested- best offer taken. Note, these are purchased through SU so I have to pick up the booklet in Chicago upon arrival.

Edit- Sunday tickets are sold.

Last edited:
How would we find out what sections are SU sections? My friends from Austin are looking for lower level tickets, but in the SU section. They sat with Middle Tenn folks yesterday, and they want to make sure that doesnt happen again lol

I was on the phone with the SU Box office and it looks like the upper Cuse sections will be 320-322. Not sure what the lower sections will be.

My buddy and I are in for Friday night. We'll be looking to sell our two together for the Sunday session if somebody is planning on making it in for that game only.

Hoping to go. Any idea whether the Sunday game will be an afternoon or evening game. I would probably attend whether Syracuse was in it or not and want to figure out whether I can return home late on Sunday or have to plan to return on Monday?

According to the TBS TV schedule, it looks like the two games on Sunday will be at 5pm and 7:30pm Central time. It is still TBD which game which gets which slot.

Oh I'm in. Chicago is my hometown. Bought plane tickets today. Anyone have a line on reasonable tickets to the game pls shoot me a message.

For anyone who needs recommendations:
Italian beef - Portillo's
Deep Dish - Lou Malnati's
Itallian food - Itallian village
Steakhouse - Chicago Cut

For the day off if it's nice go to millenium park, an expensive drink in the signature room at Hancock is a classy move with no better view.

Let me know if anyone has any questions and go Cuse

I'll piggyback off of this post a bit. Good stuff.

- Re: Hancock Building Signature Room. If the line is going to be an hour or so wait to get up there then I would avoid. Nice view for sure. The room itself is underwhelming and the cocktails are meh, imo.

- Any Italian food fan should go to Eataly in River North. They opened one last year there while the NYC one is still at 23rd/5th Ave. A Mario Batali spot. It's like one giant Italian food court and specialty store rolled into one. Baffo is a separate restaurant connected to there. REALLY good and pricey.

- Also River North. Randolph St... 'Restaurant Row.' Girl And The Goat, Avec, Blackbird, The Publican (heavy on pork dishes) are all awesome. All have excellent cocktails and pretty reasonable.

- Lagunitas Brewery. They opened one here recently. It's a giant tap room and brewery. Multiple floors. Very cool. Revolution Brewing Co. is great too. Goose Island also. Hopleaf in Andersonville is a great craft beer bar. Very good food there.

- Cocktails. Either at the spots on 'Restaurant Row' or you can try to get into Aviary. Also in River North. Personally, I go to Violet Hour. Wicker Park. Just take the Blue Line to Damen and it's right there when you walk down off the L. Subtle entrance. If you see a line forming then you are in the right spot. Across the street is Big Star. Good hipster Mexican spot with great food/authentic tacos, cheap, great tequila/mezcal list.

- Green Mill. If lurking on a Sat night and you are an old school jazz fan then this a must. It's an old Al Capone bar in Uptown. You can take the Red Line to Lawrence. Only on Sat they play til 5AM! Only $5 cover. I have rolled in there a few times at 230/3AM and the place is going strong. Cash only. GREAT spot.

Last edited:
Hate Chicago? It's honestly the best downtown environment I have ever been to. Can't make the trip this time though.

It is a fantastic city! Not overwhelming. You can zip around easily by car or train. It has NYC sophistication/culture but less hectic and still a Midwest feel and prices for eating out/drinking. I can go to a Michelin Star place in Chicago and eat/drink for virtually the same price point as here in NE Ohio.

My companies corporate office is in Chicago, I'm trying to convince them that they need me out there this weekend to get accommodations and my flight taken care of. I unfortunately dropped a ton of money on Guns n Roses tickets and hotel for a weekend for a lady friend visiting in 2 weeks....

If you want to do the goose island brewery tour book now they are $12.00 but sell out fast. I'll be landing Friday morning at 6:25 am and heading to half acre brewing at 11:00 am then over to lagunitas at 1:00 and goose island at 3:00 and taking the tour at 4:00. Also hitting up local option, pipe works (no pub house) and the maproom and finally hay market throughout the weekend....

If you want to do the goose island brewery tour book now they are $12.00 but sell out fast. I'll be landing Friday morning at 6:25 am and heading to half acre brewing at 11:00 am then over to lagunitas at 1:00 and goose island at 3:00 and taking the tour at 4:00. Also hitting up local option, pipe works (no pub house) and the maproom and finally hay market throughout the weekend...

Good call on Map Room. Map Room and Hopleaf are two of the best craft beer bars in the country, period. Dusek's Board and Beer in Pilsen is sweet also.

According to the TBS TV schedule, it looks like the two games on Sunday will be at 5pm and 7:30pm Central time. It is still TBD which game which gets which slot.
Do you have a link? Tip times for Sunday's matchups are traditionally @ 2:20 pm, and 5:05pm. Not doubting you, just seems late for Sunday's elite eight games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom