Chicago Roll Call | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chicago Roll Call

It is a fantastic city! Not overwhelming. You can zip around easily by car or train. It has NYC sophistication/culture but less hectic and still a Midwest feel and prices for eating out/drinking. I can go to a Michelin Star place in Chicago and eat/drink for virtually the same price point as here in NE Ohio.
In the summer it's fantastic. The river and lake are awesome ambience that a land-locked city can never touch.

We are definitely going! I just need to find tickets, lmao! I am driving in from KC. Ideas on places to get tickets? This is for both days, 3 games?

Revolution Brewing Co. is great too
Glad you mentioned this. Revolution is great. They have a tasting room and do tours on Kedzie ave, I think. But they also have a restaurant and bar at Damen and Milwaukee which is straight shot up Damen ave from the UC, and it is right around the corner from Piece Brewery. That is a pretty easy bus or cab ride for people who like beer but get nervous too far afoot in big cities.

I've done a fair amount of traveling but until last summer I had never been to Chicago. Spent a five day vacation there and fell in love with the place.

Also, anyone have any tips on how to get from the Airport to the area around the stadium? Coming in on an 8am flight, so I'll probably be just waking up, hungover, and jet lagged. Think it would be better to have a solid plan in place before hand.

Also, anyone have any tips on how to get from the Airport to the area around the stadium? Coming in on an 8am flight, so I'll probably be just waking up, hungover, and jet lagged. Think it would be better to have a solid plan in place before hand.

From O'Hare or Midway? Probably a combo of train and bus. Get yourself a CTA card/day pass. Train will take awhile especially from ORD but if you have time to kill then go for it. Just don't stray too far south from United Center.

From O'Hare or Midway? Probably a combo of train and bus. Get yourself a CTA card/day pass. Train will take awhile especially from ORD but if you have time to kill then go for it. Just don't stray too far south from United Center.

O'Hare. Thanks!

Plenty available on Vividseats and Stubhub

Do we know what sections are "syracuse sections?" I have friends looking for 2 tix, but they don't want to be surrounded by opposing fans again.

O'Hare. Thanks!

No probelm. Definitely Blue Line train/subway into the city area from ORD. After that not exactly sure. I've only driven to United Center. EDIT: Looks like Blue Line will get you all the way to 'Illinois Medical District' stop. Then it is a 10 minute walk.

No probelm. Definitely Blue Line train/subway into the city area from ORD. After that not exactly sure. I've only driven to United Center. EDIT: Looks like Blue Line will get you all the way to 'Illinois Medical District' stop. Then it is a 10 minute walk.

Sold! Screen shotted that. Even hungover troop should be able to figure that out

Sold! Screen shotted that. Even hungover troop should be able to figure that out

Ha. I like you're thinking though. Having somewhat a plan instead of figuring out on the fly all hungover will help! I've been there. FYI, it is a LONG walk though from ORD to getting on the Blue Line. You're in like an underground tunnel for a long time walking (notice all the awesome flags of the world) but eventually you'll get to the CTA station.

Do we know what sections are "syracuse sections?" I have friends looking for 2 tix, but they don't want to be surrounded by opposing fans again.

I believe I read in one of Waters' articles that sections 320-322, but not 100% certain.

yes 320-322 is where my tickets are thru the University. I dont know exactly what section I am in, but this is what I was told!

O'Hare. Thanks!
The stadium is just a few blocks north of the Illinois Medical District stop on the CTA Blue Line. The shortest walk is by exiting the station to Damen Avenue (western-most exit) and walk north on Damen to Madison.

To get to the Illinois Medical District stop from the west (including the far West Side and the communities of Forest Park and Oak Park), take a Blue Line train toward O’Hare. From the east and north (including downtown, the Northwest Side, northwest suburbs east of O'Hare and directly from O'Hare Airport), take a Blue Line train toward Forest Park.

http://www.transitchicago.com/riding_cta/popdest/sports.aspx#ual

Pro tip. You can use Google Maps to get directions for public tansportation.
I live here, and if I am not riding my bike I use CTA. Google maps is great cause you can get it on your phone using your gps and it and it gives you walking directions to and from the stop:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/O'Hare+International+Airport,+10000+W+O'Hare+Ave,+Chicago,+IL+60666/United+Center,+1901+W+Madison+St,+Chicago,+IL+60612,+United+States/@41.9301258,-87.8383111,12z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x880fb4276a7762f3:0x511747070259ad4b!2m2!1d-87.9073214!2d41.9741625!1m5!1m1!1s0x880e2d3ecaa9b54f:0x9b93f0068cf00344!2m2!1d-87.6741759!2d41.8806908!3e3

Can anyone recommend a couple hotels that are fairly close to the arena?

Not sure you want to make that walk. Take the Blue line to Loop, then jump a cab or bus to UC. Cab ride is only a couple minutes. Lived in the city for 11 yrs, best of the best...also - can't make it Friday but def would be in Sunday if anyone had extras (need 2-4). let me know...

Not sure you want to make that walk. Take the Blue line to Loop, then jump a cab or bus to UC. Cab ride is only a couple minutes. Lived in the city for 11 yrs, best of the best...also - can't make it Friday but def would be in Sunday if anyone had extras (need 2-4). let me know...
EDIT...what LetMeIn said...ah to be 20-something riding my bike around the city again - good times...

Check you PM!

Reactions: MGP

Getting to the arena from your hotel should be pretty easy. Getting home after the games might be a bigger challenge. I attended first round games at the United Center a few years back and didn't realize how remote the United Center was from the location where we were staying. Getting out of the area at 12:30 a.m. with a crowd of thousands of other people all trying to find cabs was not ideal. Maybe easier today with Uber. I think we eventually found a surface trolley or something or we may have slept on the sidewalk, I don't have a great recollection of the time between the end of the games and when I regained consciousness the next morning alongside a Green Chicago River.

Why? Bad area? I only drove to United Center once from north of the city. Seemed hit/miss around there. Definitely don't want to drift too south of there from what I hear.

Why? Bad area? I only drove to United Center once from north of the city. Seemed hit/miss around there. Definitely don't want to drift too south of there from what I hear.
Not terrible but not the best either. I wouldn't mind it myself, but I can see someone "not so city savvy" worrying a bit...lol Damen bus should take you right to UC from Blue Line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom