Chino Obokoh to transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chino Obokoh to transfer

Roberson is the last man standing from that 2013 recruiting class.
from 96 through the early 2000s it seems like kids were transferring out every year. Hope we don't get back to that. Most important is that we get good guys who work in our system and the ones that don't find a good place for them.

He was. So a five man class three years later netted us one consistent college player.

...who's been gone for two years.
Roberson's become pretty consistent. Ennis left for the NBA ... which hurts, but he wasn't a recruiting "miss". That leaves 3 out of 5 that didn't stay .. although some would point out that Chino, Patterson and BJ were recruited as role players to develop over time.

Last edited:
A lot of the ship pressure is b/c of the sanctions. Not only did they force early departures of some promising players (BJ), they're still forcing changes .. because the staff has to have guys that can contribute day 1.

Last edited:
We could actually take a transfer that could sit out a season now if need be especially a frontcourt player. Goodluck Okonoboh might be a nice insurance policy for the front court down the road and is a good shot blocker. He would have to sit next season but would have 2 left after that.

Best of luck to Chino! Seems like he was a great kid.

We could actually take a transfer that could sit out a season now if need be especially a frontcourt player. Goodluck Okonoboh might be a nice insurance policy for the front court down the road and is a good shot blocker. He would have to sit next season but would have 2 left after that.

Best of luck to Chino! Seems like he was a great kid.
The timing's perfect for him to get more PT as a grad-transfer. Once (May) he has that sheepskin, it's all gravy.

3 scholarships available now. Might be 4 if Mali decides to leave. Very interested in what the staff does with these available scholarships. Gotta assume they go after at least 1 graduate transfer. Hopefully Taureen Thompson holds 1 of those scholarships in a commit. That leaves 1 or 2 depending on Mali's decision. Let's assume it's 1 left do you go after another graduate transfer or a recruit like Dembele? Could go after both if Mali leaves and 4 scholarships are open. It's certainly going to be very interesting and I'm really looking forward to what happens in the near future.

• Big
  • Wing
I stopped at big wings.
55441511.jpg

Kid's packing some pipes, OG!
That was before the season started. Only if we could turn back the hands of time. Oh Well. Things happen for a reason. He is coming along well with the process. I worked out with him on Sunday and he is looking good and continues to improve. We did a lot of contact one on one drills. I was very impressed with the progress. Ironically, the first two selections and one a former team was in the final four and one the eventual champs. He fired UP and PIST OFF TO HIGHEST LEVEL OF PISTIVITY!!!!

After hearing the news of Kaleb and now Chino, I thought to myself "Wow that was fast, so soon after the season ended" as I was thinking back on how it seemed forever when Patterson/BJ made "their" decisions, etc.

Then I realized, our season ended the first weekend of March last year, and we went to the FREAKING FINAL FOUR this year!!

Holy crap. It still seems surreal.

Anyway...gooduck to both Chino and Kaleb.

That was before the season started. Only if we could turn back the hands of time. Oh Well. Things happen for a reason. He is coming along well with the process. I worked out with him on Sunday and he is looking good and continues to improve. We did a lot of contact one on one drills. I was very impressed with the progress. Ironically, the first two selections and one a former team was in the final four and one the eventual champs. He fired UP and PIST OFF TO HIGHEST LEVEL OF PISTIVITY!!!!
He deserves to come in with a chip on his shoulder and prove what he can do. I looked at LaSalle's stats ... .34% from outside. I think BJ can improve on that and help with rebounding ...

No surprise at all. Was a huge project coming in, honestly seemed like he was never going to get a lot of playing time.

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors!!!

He deserves to come in with a chip on his shoulder and prove what he can do. I looked at LaSalle's stats ... .34% from outside. I think BJ can improve on that and help with rebounding ...
He is shooting the hell out of it from the perimeter and beyond the arc. That was the second of workouts but I stood and watched his shooting in the workouts and even in the practices during the season, BJ was hardly missing and had the coaches really going bonkers on his ability to shoot the rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom