Chino Obokoh to transfer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chino Obokoh to transfer

We could actually take a transfer that could sit out a season now if need be especially a frontcourt player. Goodluck Okonoboh might be a nice insurance policy for the front court down the road and is a good shot blocker. He would have to sit next season but would have 2 left after that.

Best of luck to Chino! Seems like he was a great kid.
Down the road ... yah!! Like the 2017-2018 season, after DC has used up his eligibility. But for 2016-17 (which starts in 5+ months), a lot depends on Mali's decision. I fully expect him to declare, test the waters and then (hopefully) come back. The draft's stuffed with SG's that are ahead of him. And I think he could answer concerns about consistency by staying a year ... and taking over for G as the team's offensive leader.

If Mali returns, our guards are Howard, Mali and TB (wow). Forwards are Lydon, Roberson and Moyer. Centers are DC/Chukwu. That's 8, so 3 ships available.

Going along RF's thinking, we need a backup Point (who can shoot) in the guard rotation with Mali and TB. Although Mali has shown that he can funciont at SF, I'd like to see us pick up a taller wing to back up the 3 (Lydon). Moyer projects as a fiery inside forward (behind Roberson). And it'd be awesome to add more beef at C to give us depth/fouls and rebounding.

Last edited:
Down the road ... yah!! Like the 2017-2018 season, after DC has used up his eligibility. But for 2016-17 (which starts in 5+ months), a lot depends on Mali's decision. I fully expect him to declare, test the waters and then (hopefully) come back. The draft's stuffed with SG's that are ahead of him. And I think he could answer concerns about consistency by staying a year ... and taking over for G as the team's offensive leader.

If Mali returns, our guards are Howard, Mali and TB (wow). Forwards are Lydon, Roberson and Moyer. Centers are DC/Chukwu. That's 8, so 3 ships available.

Going along RF's thinking, we need a backup Point (who can shoot) in the guard rotation with Mali and TB. Although Mali has shown that he can funciont at SF, I'd like to see us pick up a taller wing to back up the 3 (Lydon). Moyer projects as a fiery inside forward (behind Roberson). And it'd be awesome to add a third big at C to give us more depth/fouls and rebounding there.

Not much to disagree with here. I think if Mali is back than the #1 need is a PG who has a decent shot (grad transfer) or if not a combo guard again who can shoot. After that I think we are good especially when you consider Battle and Mali are both big enough and skilled enough to spot minutes at the 3.

Not much to disagree with here. I think if Mali is back than the #1 need is a PG who has a decent shot (grad transfer) or if not a combo guard again who can shoot. After that I think we are good especially when you consider Battle and Mali are both big enough and skilled enough to spot minutes at the 3.
Agree, but crazy as it sounds , what if Mali and TL leave for $$. Hope not. obviously coaches have a plan, knowing they can't afford to miss? We have to believe in our staff. They exceeded expectations this year given the restrictions

He is shooting the hell out of it from the perimeter and beyond the arc. That was the second of workouts but I stood and watched his shooting in the workouts and even in the practices during the season, BJ was hardly missing and had the coaches really going bonkers on his ability to shoot the rock.
I can think of nothing better than to have BJ become a star at LaSalle. We'll be watching.

We could actually take a transfer that could sit out a season now if need be especially a frontcourt player. Goodluck Okonoboh might be a nice insurance policy for the front court down the road and is a good shot blocker. He would have to sit next season but would have 2 left after that.

Best of luck to Chino! Seems like he was a great kid.

I could be wrong but I think Goodluck only needs to sit the first half because he left so early in the year.

I could be wrong but I think Goodluck only needs to sit the first half because he left so early in the year.

You have to be enrolled at your new school for a full year before you become eligible again. It's a shame he didn't transfer in back in January.

Glad this kid got his degree. It was just obvious he was never going to be a rotation player here. When the NCAA took his redshirt year from him he was screwed here. Being a Junior and not even seeing the court this decision isn't shocking. Glad he got to enjoy the Final Four run this year and I wish him well in his future endeavors. I hope we can put this scholarship to use.

The second we we got docked scholarships last year I thought this would happen to be honest but glad he got an SU diploma.

You have to be enrolled at your new school for a full year before you become eligible again. It's a shame he didn't transfer in back in January.

Ah yes, yeah, he should have made a decision and he would have been right in the mix. Maybe he wants full seasons.

Has any scholarship player in his second and third year of the progam ever played that little minutes in 2 seasons at a position where we had little to no depth in both years?

So, he graduated in 3 seasons? That is so Rak!
That is not only EXTREMELY impressive for any student but in particular for an athlete on an elite team. Chino may have sat on the bench the majority of the games but he had the same demanding practice and travel schedule of every other player on the team, including this year's unexpectedly extended post season. It isn't categoric proof, but would lend credence to the Fab Melo situation being an aberration on the basketball team.

All the best to Chino as he pursues his masters and I hope he transfers somewhere that he can see some real playing time too.

sw.jpg

I wonder if graduating from college in three years helps him get the benefit of the doubt for the questions they had about his highschool stuff. Since, you know, college is harder academically than highschool*.

*UNC notwithstanding.

I wonder if graduating from college in three years helps him get the benefit of the doubt for the questions they had about his highschool stuff. Since, you know, college is harder academically than highschool*.

*UNC notwithstanding.

If he went to UNC, he would have graduated in 2 years!

What a nice kid; I have no doubt he wrote that statement himself. As is too often the case, sorry to see him go. Hope it works out well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom