Chip Kelly likely leaving UCLA for Ohio State OC job | Syracusefan.com

Chip Kelly likely leaving UCLA for Ohio State OC job

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
IMG_9641.jpeg

Sucks to be UCLA.

Don't see someone like Kelly doing well chafing under someone else's control.

Also don't ever see him as Ohio State's head coach.

I don't think UCLA is mad about this. They're looking at a 1 or 2 win season next year. He's completely checked out coaching and recruiting.
The kids are left high and dry. Sucks for the players is what I mean.

chip kelly's idea that football across the country be independent I think could have seriously worked if the NCAA had a commissioner or any sized set of balls

So ucla sells out fantastic history to join the elite conference and has their head coach leave for an in-conference coordinator position. Bruin nation must be feeling great about their place on the food chain.

I get that they wanted out from Kelly but many have tried and failed there in an easier conference and more stable college fb environment. That isn’t gonna be a job anyone with options ever wants.

I wonder what the college football landscape is going to devolve into. What will it look like in 5 years? Will I still be able to get excited about it and SU? Hope so.
I’m not sure that this specific situation is an indictment of the broader landscape.

Kelly has wanted to escape from LA for a while. He found a landing spot extremely late in the carousel cycle and jumped. That’s never going to be typical.

Personally I think it’s a d!!ck move by him. If he wanted out so badly then he should have resigned in early December. He didn’t need to wait to find another gig, he has tons and tons of money.

Personally I think it’s a d!!ck move by him. If he wanted out so badly then he should have resigned in early December. He didn’t need to wait to find another gig, he has tons and tons of money.
And within the Big Ten conference, too.

Draft Kings lists Tony White as a candidate at UCLA.

There was talk earlier in the offseason that he would wait another year for this gig and then pounce if he got it. Would be a big move though.