Chip Kelly out in Philly | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chip Kelly out in Philly

"you" people? Maybe you replied to the wrong poster because that doesn't fit me at all. Although it sounds like you might be a fan of Romo and that crappy, every year, Cowboys team, so maybe that's why you really replied.
Romo went to Eastern Illinois . Before Dino B. I guess I confused you with one of the " true believers". My apologies.

And the Iggles will now become basement dwellers

Mistake one ... Letting Chip act as GM
Mistake two ... Letting Chip go

Give him one more year to correct things

10-6
10-6
6-10 (probably)

Let him fix the OL and see what next year brings

They are going to scorch earth the roster ...

I'm an Eagles season ticket holder.

Too much to correct. There are holes all over the field that will take a minimum of three years to remedy. Probably the worst offensive line in football. Ditto for the WR crew. DL is decent but LBs are not good. Kiko Alonso is hideous. I don't think he made more than three plays all year long. Paid a ton for Maxwell at DB and he's below average.

Very rarely does it work to have the coach also be the GM. That said there were several NFL drafts by Andy Reid that set the table for this failure and I liked Andy Reid.

If you run Chip's style you better have a great defense or else you'll get them killed. Chip can obviously do well in college but not sure his style works in the NFL.

The narrative on this is going to be interesting. It will be tempting to call him a bust, but he has a winning record. Some supposedly hot names for HC spots haven't achieved that.

682 yards with 12:30 to go. Jeebus.

So far in five bowl games the ACC has given up an average of more than 40 points a game.

Too much to correct. There are holes all over the field that will take a minimum of three years to remedy. Probably the worst offensive line in football. Ditto for the WR crew. DL is decent but LBs are not good. Kiko Alonso is hideous. I don't think he made more than three plays all year long. Paid a ton for Maxwell at DB and he's below average.

Very rarely does it work to have the coach also be the GM. That said there were several NFL drafts by Andy Reid that set the table for this failure and I liked Andy Reid.

If you run Chip's style you better have a great defense or else you'll get them killed. Chip can obviously do well in college but not sure his style works in the NFL.
What the hell happened to Agholar this year?

He looked all world at times during pre season, then was almost never used during season

Disagree on LBs. Hicks and Hendricks are good/great. Kiko can leave. Demeco, loved him, but time to leave as well.

I'd said all along Chip's offense is a joke w/o a mobile QB. Running basically every play with a read option base with NICK FOLES AND SAM BRADFORD is idiotic. By Year 3, NFL caught on, just don't play the QB. Hit the RB...and there ya go.

What the hell happened to Agholar this year?

He looked all world at times during pre season, then was almost never used during season

He had several drops and rarely seemed comfortable. His MO was supposed to be speed and yards after the catch. I didn't see much of that. One thing in his defense was that Philly's OL was so bad that the team could rarely throw deep because the QB did not have the time to throw. Maybe he can show better next year.

Disagree on LBs. Hicks and Hendricks are good/great. Kiko can leave. Demeco, loved him, but time to leave as well.

Demeco was a helluva player in his day but an achilles last year and general wear and tear have taken their toll.

I keyed in on Alonso a lot. I can't believe how bad he was although he has battled knee injuries too.

Hicks was definitely a major find in the 3rd round and played great but he's just one LB. Kendricks was great his first two years in Philly but had a major fall off this year and was invisible in several big games.

Romo went to Eastern Illinois . Before Dino B. I guess I confused you with one of the " true believers". My apologies.

"True believers". What the hell are you even talking about at this point? Did you start New Years early, or think it was game day and start snorting coke early?

Being an Eagles fan makes my face sad:( #FlyEaglesFly

Hard to believe that almost every move Chip made this year turned out to be bad. My personal favorite was trading a RB because he doesn't fit the system, signing a RB that does fit the system, and then changing the system after a few games to fit the RB that you traded away.

Honestly though, most of the moves were defensible at the time. The only ones I really hated were:
- Letting Maclin walk
- Acquiring Alonso (who after playing superbly the first 5 or so games of his rookie year, was exposed more often than not)
- Signing Maxwell as a #1 corner

"you" people? Maybe you replied to the wrong poster because that doesn't fit me at all. Although it sounds like you might be a fan of Romo and that crappy, every year, Cowboys team, so maybe that's why you really replied.

Like that crappy Cowboys team that won 12 games, ya that was pretty bad.

in the 20 years since their last SuperBowl win...theyve won 3 playoff games.

cleveland browns-esque

Hard to believe that almost every move Chip made this year turned out to be bad. My personal favorite was trading a RB because he doesn't fit the system, signing a RB that does fit the system, and then changing the system after a few games to fit the RB that you traded away.

Honestly though, most of the moves were defensible at the time. The only ones I really hated were:
- Letting Maclin walk
- Acquiring Alonso (who after playing superbly the first 5 or so games of his rookie year, was exposed more often than not)
- Signing Maxwell as a #1 corner

His worst move happened two years ago when he let Desean Jackson go for nothing. You don't give up game breakers for nothing. Really dumb move.

What does 12 games matter when everyone knows you're going to choke in the playoffs?

Yeah.. Baylor looking at 800 yards of offense versus UNC tonight can't imagine why people are excited about Dino's system and playing fast. Potential and joining the modern era.

We all know this stuff doesn't work in the college game.

How did they choke, they lost on the road to a higher seed?
no, like when they lost at home after 13 wins to the wild card Giants.

thanks for the tix jer-uh!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom