Chris Bell.. | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell..

Scotch

Starter
Competed last night. Only 3 boards but he battled, played aggressive D and mixed it up in the paint.

I don’t know who lit a fire under him but that was a glimpse into the more well-rounded player he could be in the future.

Coincidence that he’s played better since Benny is gone?
That’s a hard correlation there. It could be said the whole team had a wake up call with the Benny situation. I imagine Red dropped some truth bombs and the response is what we have seen. Hopefully old habits are not fallen back into.

The wake up call is that we have six players - small band of brothers. Q and Bell have to do it, getting more minutes, there is no one else coming in.

Bell is rounding out his game on offense. Mainly a 3 point shooter, but slowly adding a mid-range game, occasionally taking it to the hole. He has a scorer's touch.

He reminds me of James Southerland. When you’re 6’8” you’re always open out there.

Southerland was a huge part of the team as an upper classman. I think Bell projects to be a better all around offensive player. I doubt he will reach Dirty's level of rebounding and rim protection. If you look at Bell's offensive game and where its headed he could be an absolutely devastating 3rd option. The type that makes it very hard for teams to double your 1st and 2nd options.

He's looking more and more like an important part of the offense/team next year. A couple weeks ago, I had him getting "the talk" season end, but competing and playing like this, no way. Love to see him contributing like this.

Southerland was a huge part of the team as an upper classman. I think Bell projects to be a better all around offensive player. I doubt he will reach Dirty's level of rebounding and rim protection. If you look at Bell's offensive game and where its headed he could be an absolutely devastating 3rd option. The type that makes it very hard for teams to double your 1st and 2nd options.

I absolutely agree - very much in the Dirty South(tm) 2.0 mold.

He just needs to keep working harder on D and rebounding -
Both of which are 90% effort and want to.

He’s made strides in that regard these past few games for sure.

Dirty had pretty sick athleticism in terms of hops, which to your point made him a better defender and rebounder. On offense it seems like Bell has the potential to put it on the floor better and develop a mid range game. Time will tell.

Dirty had pretty sick athleticism in terms of hops, which to your point made him a better defender and rebounder. On offense it seems like Bell has the potential to put it on the floor better and develop a mid range game. Time will tell but agreed on potential.

His shot is so pure he doesn’t need to get too crazy just get a few inches of space and let it loose. He’s shooting about 40 pct from 3 and a good number of those were contested.

It's fun riding this wave of optimism, but let's watch a few more games before we pronounce the old Chris Bell a thing of the past. It was, what, last week when he was mentioned as not having a place on this team going forward? The impact of Benny's departure, or the big win against UNC, or a change in Red's approach could have an impact individually or collectively on Chris...or it's coincidence. We need more data, but I hope that the sentiments expressed in this thread are realized. He clearly has potential, if he can just get out of his own way.

I think he needs to harness his emotion towards the ref on every shot, call and out of bounds. He’s a bit too demonstrative in my opinion. Love the emotion but focus it better maybe
Yeah, you are right about this. I noticed on more than one occassion the opponent pushing the ball down the court while Bell was self-engaging in some emotive demonstrative acts. Just get the hell down the court.

Even 500 milliseconds of this wasted time is no good.

He's not the only one, and its getting better, but overall this sort of stuff needs gone.

Competed last night. Only 3 boards but he battled, played aggressive D and mixed it up in the paint.

I don’t know who lit a fire under him but that was a glimpse into the more well-rounded player he could be in the future.
Seth Greenberg?

Yeah, you are right about this. I noticed on more than one occassion the opponent pushing the ball down the court while Bell was self-engaging in some emotive demonstrative acts. Just get the hell down the court.

Even 500 milliseconds of this wasted time is no good.

He's not the only one, and its getting better, but overall this sort of stuff needs gone.
Probably learned that from Mintz. I cringe when I see this because it usually means they're late getting down the court.

It's fun riding this wave of optimism, but let's watch a few more games before we pronounce the old Chris Bell a thing of the past. It was, what, last week when he was mentioned as not having a place on this team going forward? The impact of Benny's departure, or the big win against UNC, or a change in Red's approach could have an impact individually or collectively on Chris...or it's coincidence. We need more data, but I hope that the sentiments expressed in this thread are realized. He clearly has potential, if he can just get out of his own way.
Yeah, fair enough. Although he is shooting about 40% right now for the year. During Joe's career, only one year did he reach 40% and he was considered our sharp shooter (32.4%, 33.3%, 40.3%, and 38.1%). Of course, this year with Clemson, Joe is at 43%.

Yeah, fair enough. Although he is shooting about 40% right now for the year. During Joe's career, only one year did he reach 40% and he was considered our sharp shooter (32.4%, 33.3%, 40.3%, and 38.1%). Of course, this year with Clemson, Joe is at 43%.
Well, in Joe's defense, this year he's well rested and not playing out of position.

And against Louisville he had a shocking 9 rebounds (to go along with those 30 points). He definitely seems to be mixing it up a little more on the glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom