Class of 2015 - Chris Egi | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Chris Egi

He looks great. Nice frame with a little muscle. Not a beanpole. He will be absolutely diesel in a few years. He's a name to remember down the road.

Smart big man with hops... gimme gimme gimme. Arinze is a smart dude and look how well he did for us. Hak was a smart dude as well .. ( just allergic to d haha). You look at some of the best and bball iq is a huge advantage at those positions.

Smart big man with hops... gimme gimme gimme. Arinze is a smart dude and look how well he did for us. Hak was a smart dude as well .. ( just allergic to d haha). You look at some of the best and bball iq is a huge advantage at those positions.
I heard he was up all night sneezing and wheezing after the block to save the 2003 NC game. Rumor is he had to head in to the local ER for an EpiPen but I think that's an overmagnasuperaugmentexaggeration.

I heard he was up all night sneezing and wheezing after the block to save the 2003 NC game. Rumor is he had to head in to the local ER for an EpiPen but I think that's an overmagnasuperaugmentexaggeration.

correction- except for that block.. the only defense that mattered from him anyways so its all good.

correction- except for that block.. the only defense that mattered from him anyways so its all good.
Ja, it's interesting: with his vertical and reaction time you'd think he would've been a punishing shotblocker in college. However, shot blocking is just so instinctive - some guys just never get it. Plus we got far more out of Hak than we expected - to your point, that block was the only serious D that we ever really needed from him.

Ja, it's interesting: with his vertical and reaction time you'd think he would've been a punishing shotblocker in college. However, shot blocking is just so instinctive - some guys just never get it. Plus we got far more out of Hak than we expected - to your point, that block was the only serious D that we ever really needed from him.

Hak will always be one of my alltime faves. By far the best dunker in my memory at the cuse. Dude would try to dunk from anywhere on anyone. As for blocks - it is all about reaction and timing. Etan was a master at it. Wish Hak had been able to up his game on D for the league but his maturation and development here was impressive it its' own right. But back to being a smart dude- he definitely was and I think it is a really important aspect of success for big men. Even Shaq who was often mislabeled as dumb due to size/stature is a fairly smart guy. Look at the greats and you will find more brains than not. I really like Dajuan and Rak but their not necessarily really bright guys from my understanding ( not dumb just not in the academic elite) and I think it has hindered their progression some. Baye is actually a pretty smart guy and by no surprise is the best defensive player at the 5. Positionally he is good on offense too just he is so thin that it limits him. I do wish he could use his length better and think he would if he had stronger hands as well.

Reactions: MCC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom