Chris Elmore RB | Syracusefan.com

Chris Elmore RB

kcsu

Living Legend
I believe that we will see him in a single set more often than not. He is a freak athlete. 6 feet and 280. SUs version of the bus. Ads a difficult dimension to our O for opposing Ds

I believe that we will see him in a single set more often than not. He is a freak athlete. 6 feet and 280. SUs version of the bus. Ads a difficult dimension to our O for opposing Ds
Can't help but to think he ends up at DT.

I agree but i do believe he is going to play some RB as well. The film on the kid is pretty impressive

No, I think he gets in the game mostly as a RB too. Babers wants a big back, and having 2 in Pierre and Elmore is even better

so if they put him on a strict paleo diet and speed training.. could potentially have a chiseled 6' 240 lb. battering ram running a 4.6?!

Wow, I remember when this kid committed the talks that he could line up in the backfield. I just never even thought that he would end up there, you hear this stuff and just kind of brush it over because DT would have obviously been more suited for him. But I am very intrigued on him playing RB now. I still think he has to lose a little weight for it. Maybe settle at like a muscular 270 as a DT and RB.

upload_2017-4-19_13-2-24.jpeg

so if they put him on a strict paleo diet and speed training.. could potentially have a chiseled 6' 240 lb. battering ram running a 4.6?!

A battering ram with zero energy....

Without laying eyes on him, he reminds me of Nikita Whitlock who used to give us fits as a DT at Wake and then played/plays in the NFL as a FB. Perhaps Dino and co. are accelerating young Mr Elmore's career.

I've heard the staff is looking at him on offense primarily.

Without laying eyes on him, he reminds me of Nikita Whitlock who used to give us fits as a DT at Wake and then played/plays in the NFL as a FB. Perhaps Dino and co. are accelerating young Mr Elmore's career.

Great comparison

I remember Larry Csonka being a pretty good battering ram at 230 lbs. ;)

My response had nothing to do with the weight.

Elmore will be a battering ram in GL and short yardage packages. Maybe an occasional belly or bench route in a play action or flood concept.

McGowan played TE at Baylor, though.
Your right. Yeah, I believe he will be in short yardage and goal line sets. He will go in as the TE, basically becoming a FB/HB. That allows him to lead block, kick out, pull or whatever.

I believe he is going to run the ball.

If this kid ends up being a high end athlete at his size, it would make NO sense to have him on the team for a few short yardage and red zone carries. I suppose we can assume he's not a 12-15 carry a game back? Ultimately he ends up on the DL.

If this kid ends up being a high end athlete at his size, it would make NO sense to have him on the team for a few short yardage and red zone carries. I suppose we can assume he's not a 12-15 carry a game back? Ultimately he ends up on the DL.
I like this kid as a smash-mouth RB in Dino's offense and/or as a lead blocker if necessary. Think the Cuse will fill their needs at DL w/ '18 recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom