Chris McCullough awaits qualifying score, hopes to hear soon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris McCullough awaits qualifying score, hopes to hear soon

It's not unusual for some students having obtained their recent scores whiles others are still waiting. This happened with my daughter this past fall, some of her friends had their most recent scores while she did not...she had to keep checking (online) until her results were finally posted...'keep the faith'

Lawrinson14 said:
My little brother took the SATs earlier this month. He got his scores last week. Something seems wrong here.

Yea, it was last Thursday. Only thing I can think of is that he didn't register for the test online like most everyone does and did it by mail or phone. If he doesn't have a College Board account online, he'll have to wait a few more weeks to get them in the mail. I would think in an athletes case though that they would want them ASAP and receive them online which are available 19 days after the test.

orangecuse said:
It's not unusual for some students having obtained their recent scores whiles others are still waiting. This happened with my daughter this past fall, some of her friends had their most recent scores while she did not...she had to keep checking (online) until her results were finally posted...'keep the faith'

They do say that there is the small percentage that don't appear online at the same time but that is a very low percentage and a week later now should be resolved. He can also call College Board to get his scores. So I'm a bit confused about an article yesterday saying he was still waiting.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought it had been previously reported that McC was qualified. Evidently something didn't count.

What would an off-season be without some agita ?????

Imagine if he doesn't qualify - board will implode beyond belief.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering this, but didn't McCullough's coach indicate awhile back that he'd qualified and was eligible to play as a freshman? It might not have been his coach, but wasn't that reported a few weeks ago?

That seems contradictory to today's article.

Ummm, why are these points being overlooked?
We were told by his HC that he'd qualified and was simply playing out the string at IMG for his senior year, until he could join the Cuse.
What am I missing here?

Season over.

(I have no insider information, I just enjoy calling season over 6 months before the season)
Book it... take it to the bank... write it down... game/set/match.

(I also don't have the slightest idea, but I'm enjoying the use of definitive message board cliches employed by others who are equally clueless).

Well he can always go to Kentucky. You don't need to qualify there!!

If he wasn't to qualify any chance he can try again next year? With the nba draft rules you have to play a year of college ball right??

If he wasn't to qualify any chance he can try again next year? With the nba draft rules you have to play a year of college ball right??

No. There are lots of foreign entrants into the draft who never play NCAA basketball. The age limit has to do with years out of high school.

I was kind of thinking he would be a started next season. Not having McCull would sure make the 2014-15 season a tough one!

Donna reposted thses tweets yesterday for what its worth.

@FrankGrimes23 Nobody I've talked to seems all that panicked by it. Chris seems to think he'll get the score; so does his HS coach. Syracuse coaches seem confident about it, too.

FrankGrimes23 @Donna Ditota | dditota@syracuse.com He can still get to Syracuse, attend summer school and work out with his teammates. He's just missed the first summer school session. But sure, it would be better if everything had already been settled.

Donna reposted thses tweets yesterday for what its worth.

@FrankGrimes23 Nobody I've talked to seems all that panicked by it. Chris seems to think he'll get the score; so does his HS coach. Syracuse coaches seem confident about it, too.

FrankGrimes23 @Donna Ditota | dditota@syracuse.com He can still get to Syracuse, attend summer school and work out with his teammates. He's just missed the first summer school session. But sure, it would be better if everything had already been settled.

when i see frank grimes i immediately think back to the simpsons character

am i the only one here?

cuseclappy said:
when i see frank grimes i immediately think back to the simpsons character am i the only one here?

image-3090072105.jpg

I do as well, Frank "grimey" Grimes

orangefan13 said:
Donna reposted thses tweets yesterday for what its worth. @FrankGrimes23 Nobody I've talked to seems all that panicked by it. Chris seems to think he'll get the score; so does his HS coach. Syracuse coaches seem confident about it, too. FrankGrimes23 @Donna Ditota | dditota@syracuse.com He can still get to Syracuse, attend summer school and work out with his teammates. He's just missed the first summer school session. But sure, it would be better if everything had already been settled.

Donna can retweet that stuff but she should ask him why he doesn't have his grades. They came out last week.

I was kind of thinking he would be a started next season. Not having McCull would sure make the 2014-15 season a tough one!
Just think: you can start pelting us with pessimistic postings posthaste!

Donna can retweet that stuff but she should ask him why he doesn't have his grades. They came out last week.

A reporter should ask pertinent questions? That's crazy talk!

Ummm, why are these points being overlooked?
We were told by his HC that he'd qualified and was simply playing out the string at IMG for his senior year, until he could join the Cuse.
What am I missing here?

High school coaches tend to say things that aren't true.

High school coaches tend to say things that aren't true.
High School Coach to football prospect: "You really should consider Rutgers as your college destination. It's a program on the rise with a solid, secure coaching staff that will prepare you for the pros and I can really see them contesting for a National Championship while you are there".

He tweeted tonight one word: anxious. What could he b anxious about?

Worse case scenario, I know the ACT and SAT are offered again in June. Hate to wait until the last minute though. Hopefully everything turns good this time around.

Ryand877 said:
Worse case scenario, I know the ACT and SAT are offered again in June. Hate to wait until the last minute though. Hopefully everything turns good this time around.

They are, on the 7th and 14th I believe but the late registration dates have passed, so if that was/is his plan, I hope he already registered.

Worst comes to worst, he doesn't get the score now...Could he retake it in the fall to be admitted for the 2nd semester and eligible to play in January?