Chris McCullough commits! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris McCullough commits!

Chris McCullough just committed to us, he's the #9 player in the nation per rivals. 6'10 PF same team as Ron Patterson now.
He was the guy we wanted most at his position. Major get. Tobacco Road hearing some thunder now from up North...

Saw him a bit at the elite camp. Big long kid with ridiculous ball skills for his size. Word is that he may need motivation.

Saw him a bit at the elite camp. Big long kid with ridiculous ball skills for his size. Word is that he may need motivation.
Playing time may be a pretty good motivator.
He has some great skills and seems to be the the kind of forward who has done well at SU...back to the days of Louie Orr.

A future NBA contract and 30,000 plus fans yelling his name should help. At least Fab isn't around to be his mentor.

Wonder if those hating on the Patterson commit now feel a bit differently. Clearly had a very positive impact on landing a top 10 talent in '14.

Recruiting does not exist in a vacuum..

If there's one thing I don't doubt that Hopkins can do, it's motivate.

His video impressed me the way he put the ball on the floor and went in for a dunk for a big.

I bet he watched James on Sunday running around shooting 3s and handling the rock and said "I want that to be me!" Long wings all think they can play guard especially those who don't like to bang!

I hate people bad mouthing Donte. He was planning on staying until he was misled (to be kind) about where he would be drafted. He was told he was a lottery pick.
I wasn't bad mouthing Donte. The two sentences were not immediately related. He seems to have similar physique and skills to Donte. The matter of work and 1-done was meant purely about what I hope for from Chris — nothing (incidentally or otherwise) to do with Donte.

It wouldn't make sense for you to have 'cross-referenced' my previous opinions of Donte, so i'll reiterate that i always thought he was a good kid, in difficult circumstances, and he made a decision that suited his situation. Whatever faults he had in his game were amplified only by JB's 'guardianship.'

I wasn't bad mouthing Donte. The two sentences were not immediately related. He seems to have similar physique and skills to Donte. The matter of work and 1-done was meant purely about what I hope for from Chris — nothing (incidentally or otherwise) to do with Donte.

It wouldn't make sense for you to have 'cross-referenced' my previous opinions of Donte, so i'll reiterate that i always thought he was a good kid, in difficult circumstances, and he made a decision that suited his situation. Whatever faults he had in his game were amplified only by JB's 'guardianship.'
Fair enough. My apologies.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Great news. Welcome to the Orange family, Chris!

Fair enough. My apologies.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
No apologies (from you) necessary. I appreciate you coming to his defense. I realize my post should have been more precisely written. I apologize for the incidental implication.

i dont want to wait 2 yrs to watch him play...boo hoo, im a spoiled cuse fan :)

I hope he doesn't reclassify, he will be more ready in 2014 and we don't need him in 2013.

To think he's only a Junior in HS! The videos I've seen he looks very thin and ESPN has him at 6'10" but the Syracuse.com article has him at 6'8". (Let the height wars begin).. Kid handles like a guard though so whatever height he is, he'll be a good one for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom