Chris McCullough: Syracuse basketball fans will 'see a lot of dunks' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris McCullough: Syracuse basketball fans will 'see a lot of dunks'

one and done according to HCJB (2 years max)... interesting statement
Unfortunately, as written, the question was did JB indicate how long HE was going you be around, not how long JB expected CM to stay. But I like his candor, anyway.

RF2044 said:
I don't think its a "lock" -- we've had lots of highly rated big men come in where there was talk of one-and-done in recent years--Coleman and Rak come to mind--and such talk was quickly rendered inaccurate. I'd love to see McCullough come in and rip it up next year. I'm nervous that despite being an NBA athlete, that his skill level might not be up to the level of his athleticism. Time will tell.
He'll shine in transition with Joseph. It's his half court and faceup game that needs work.

I don't think its a "lock" -- we've had lots of highly rated big men come in where there was talk of one-and-done in recent years--Coleman and Rak come to mind--and such talk was quickly rendered inaccurate.

I'd love to see McCullough come in and rip it up next year. I'm nervous that despite being an NBA athlete, that his skill level might not be up to the level of his athleticism. Time will tell.

i see your point, but there is no way Coleman had the same skill level or ceiling as CM does. Rak, maybe. I think CM will be better than people think. I hope he stays of course, but i think he will leave even if he has a bad year.

i see your point, but there is no way Coleman had the same skill level or ceiling as CM does. Rak, maybe. I think CM will be better than people think. I hope he stays of course, but i think he will leave even if he has a bad year.

Sadly I agree...respectable freshman stats but bolts because of potential/NBA body.

I'll gladly take a Rudy Gay.

I kid you not: before his first game freshman year, in the coverage leading up to our debut game on the aircraft carrier we played against San Diego State, Seth Davis did a segment where he claimed that the skuttlebutt from NBA scouts was that Coleman was a one-and-done, and the most NBA ready of the then-incoming class of frosh.

It seems ludicrous in retrospect.

I also know for a fact that Rak expected to be a one-and-done. He's now about to enter his fourth year next season. So even stuff that seems like it will happen on paper doesn't always happen.

Here's hoping McCullough's ready, but my expectation is that we get 2 years from him.

well if he doesfly the coop we would still be looking at Coleman, Roberson and BJ in the front court in 2015... it could be alot worse.

The obligatory - It's cold/snowy there question. Are we the only school north of the Mason-Dixon line?
no, but we're the only high D1 school in a Snow Belt
snow.belts.jpg

(note: the Marquette on that map is the city of Marquette, Michigan, not Marquette U, which is in Milwaukee on the western shore of Lake Michigan)

His favorite movie is boys n the hood? he wasnt even born when it came out. to him its like a 1950's film in black and white. sort of like me saying my favorite movie is Marty.

His favorite movie is boys n the hood? he wasnt even born when it came out. to him its like a 1950's film in black and white. sort of like me saying my favorite movie is Marty.
That's one of my favorite movies and I'm 20 years old. That movie along with Friday and Menace 2 society are classics.

That's one of my favorite movies and I'm 20 years old. That movie along with Friday and Menace 2 society are classics.

Maybe not Friday but certainly the other two. ;)

Dunks are nice, hopefully he can knock down some jumpers as well.

Very impressed with the dunks over munchkins in the highlight reel :rolleyes: .. hmm better bring more than that to the table. Kid looks skinny to me .. hit the weights and become a man.

Very impressed with the dunks over munchkins in the highlight reel :rolleyes: .. hmm better bring more than that to the table. Kid looks skinny to me .. hit the weights and become a man.
hey that's the spirit!

Played against him three times.. Question isnt defensively with him, he will be an animal in the back fo the zone if he brings the effort he should... Question with him is half court offense.. Not a good shooter, can't create for himself much. Will be a beast on the offense and defensive glass.. Happy to hear he is working on jump shot and handles... two things he NEEDS to improve on.. His athleticism is absurd.. Anthony Davis like.. Oh and btw he is a 1-and-done... Simple as that.. He could average 9 and 5 and still go top 15 at least

Oh, I see. You took your Delorean to 2021 and saw him retire :p

Actually, I took the Delorean to 2021, indeed Rudy Gay is not playing in the NBA, but not because he retired. It turned out he was the Green River killer... It was pretty big news, just wait.

Who cares about the dunks. I would rather see a national championship.

In four years Grant and Ennis may out of the NBA and forgotten. But these guys are legends:

"The team had just one senior, guard Kueth Duany. He was joined in the starting lineup by forwards Hakim Warrick (sophomore), Carmelo Anthony (freshman), center Craig Forth (sophomore), and guard Gerry McNamara (freshman). Other key contributors included guards Josh Pace (sophomore) and Billy Edelin (freshman), and center Jeremy McNeil (junior).Donald Thomas(freshman)"