Chris McCullough: Syracuse basketball fans will 'see a lot of dunks' | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chris McCullough: Syracuse basketball fans will 'see a lot of dunks'

inside game (dunks, etc) opens up things for shooter(s) to get open looks without having to run a mile in circles hoping to rub off their defender and then shooting off balance with semi-dead legs

I really hope we pound it inside more and not rely so much on iso moves starting at the three point line.

Hey We Are Syracuse (or others who've seen him) - does he have a back to the basket game?

It's not an either/or thing.

I want SU to become the first team ever to win the NC by having all dunks in the championship game. No jumpers, no free throws, no layups. All dunks. Frankly, I'm pretty sure JB is thinking the same thing, it would have been the only way we could have won it this year.

I want SU to become the first team ever to win the NC by having all dunks in the championship game. No jumpers, no free throws, no layups. All dunks. Frankly, I'm pretty sure JB is thinking the same thing, it would have been the only way we could have won it this year.
Take a look at the 2003 stats, SU scored more close to the basket than any team in the tournament.

The obligatory - It's cold/snowy there question. Are we the only school north of the Mason-Dixon line?
Really, the fact that CNY is the snowiest part of the continent shouldn't raise a question? Instead of denying it we CNYers should embrace it and promote it as a plus! I'm sure Minnesota gets these same questions, we just don;t see them.

inside game (dunks, etc) opens up things for shooter(s) to get open looks without having to run a mile in circles hoping to rub off their defender and then shooting off balance with semi-dead legs

I really hope we pound it inside more and not rely so much on iso moves starting at the three point line.

Hey We Are Syracuse (or others who've seen him) - does he have a back to the basket game?
Well, I played the four for my team and had to guard him... All three games... I am only 6'4 205Lbs(ran a 4 out offense). He is just sooooo freaking athletic... They didn't run enough sets for him but he can be really effective out of the High-Lo offense... They ran a lot of that at Brewster and thats when he would score on me. That or in the open court... Other than that, I would just force him to shoot and backed off of him completelyand he never even attempted to shoot... But, He had a solid back to the basket game then, and with his improvements at IMG, I think he will be MORE than capable of becoming effective with his back to the basketball in a High-Lo offense... Just throw it up, and he can get it and finish

PS: He whipped my tail all three games haha but I single handedly almost fouled him out the first game by flopping all game.. only chance haha