Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

DCII's been hampered by injuries and the lack of a bigs coach. We ought to stop using him as the standard of disappointment, the kids been a great teammate and hasn't caused our teams major problems like Fab did.
I agree with both points but I haven't seen any real effort on the court from him unless he came into the program hurting from the start. When a gut his size goes up for a rebound and gets both hands on the ball coming down, I don't want to see someone bat the ball out of his hands. I'm hoping that come next season he comes out a reconditioned player for the team He might have the goods to be a huge positive impact players. At least thats what I hope for.!SUball

Why do I imagine this young man as a tall kid that can't shoot well, is athletic and will grow into the 2 slot? It always seems like when they are first recruited they can hit from 30 feet with their eyes closed and dunk from the free throw line with either hand and then we see them on the court and they could not hit a shot from 8 feet. I'm not saying that this is necessarily McCullough but I find the thoughts/progression on players like this that are a top ranked player to happen quite often.

SmilinBob said:
Why do I imagine this young man as a tall kid that can't shoot well, is athletic and will grow into the 2 slot? It always seems like when they are first recruited they can hit from 30 feet with their eyes closed and dunk from the free throw line with either hand and then we see them on the court and they could not hit a shot from 8 feet. I'm not saying that this is necessarily McCullough but I find the thoughts/progression on players like this that are a top ranked player to happen quite often.

McCullough will be at SU for a few years, if you want good news.

As fans we always tend to over estimate these top recruits and than are disappointed with how they play. Guess it is better to have minimal expectations and than be surprised to the upside. The problem is that when you watch videos they tend to frequently be highlight with lots of dunks and hitting amazing 3 pointers. Don't show all the misses and defensive breakdowns…despite what I just said I am going to stick to my usual habits and expect solid contributions. Am hoping for something better than Grants.

DCII's been hampered by injuries and the lack of a bigs coach. We ought to stop using him as the standard of disappointment, the kids been a great teammate and hasn't caused our teams major problems like Fab did.

I'll take a 1000 DC2's over a Fab any day of the week. DC2 was one of the biggest cheerleader's on the bench, while Fab screwed the team over at the worst possible time.

anyone going to barclays tonight for jordan game? i live in neighborhood and may go rep cuse nation.

In the review so far CMac was ranked 6th amongst the big guys there. Is that good or bad? I'm definitely looking forward to see his style of play. Really hoping for a poor man's LaMarcus Aldridge. Hope he doesn't want to drift too much on the perimeter.

Really want to see CMc be aggressive tonight. At the Elite 24 game last summer he was very passive...deferred to other players and basically was content to stand out on the perimeter and just watch the game. Get the ball and score tonight...it's an all-star game with no defense played.

Only watched a little bit of the senior Mary Kline game, but McCullough looked good in the first quarter. Contested a shot then blocked the next in the same series. Had a nice assist, dunk and a three all in early play. At one point, he had to cover a small point guard on the perimeter, what looked like a mismatch against him. Moved his feet well and the penetrating guard had to give up the ball.

Only watched a little bit of the senior Mary Kline game, but McCullough looked good in the first quarter. Contested a shot then blocked the next in the same series. Had a nice assist, dunk and a three all in early play. At one point, he had to cover a small point guard on the perimeter, what looked like a mismatch against him. Moved his feet well and the penetrating guard had to give up the ball.
The kid is a freak athlete. If he ever realized how good he is, it would be scary.

I only caught the fourth quarter and the Seton Hall commits were keeping the ball to themselves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom