Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

lol he looks effin bored this whole video. can't wait till this dude is on campus.
He's like these guys. Too easy.
hqdefault.jpg

IMG won in triple OT this afternoon. Advances to semis tomorrow with winner playing in final tomorrow night. No word on how McCullough did.

SWFLCUSE said:
Twitter say McCullough dropped 26 tonight.

We'll, hoping they make the final tomorrow. I need to go see him play and watch this nasty taste out of my mouth.

McCullough not starting in the Prep semis today. Doesn't look injured. Can only imagine why.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 20m
Final: St. Thomas More 93, IMG 86. Paschall goes for 25 for STM, Cane Broome 16, Watanabe 10. Syracuse pledge @_CM5 had just 8 in the loss.

CM didn't start and didn't do a whole lot when he played. Anyone know the story of what happened?

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 20m
Final: St. Thomas More 93, IMG 86. Paschall goes for 25 for STM, Cane Broome 16, Watanabe 10. Syracuse pledge @_CM5 had just 8 in the loss.

CM didn't start and didn't do a whole lot when he played. Anyone know the story of what happened?
He was probably bored as usual and was anxious to start the next chapter of his life at SU.:noidea:

I was there.

Decided to try to catch the semi this afternoon because I wasn't confident IMG would make the final tonight.

Good call.

McCullough didn't do much. That's true.

He didn't start the game the - came in with just 14 minutes to go in the half - and I have no idea why. Disciplinary? Trying to rest players after a 3 OT win last night?

Truthfully, IMG plays just as well - at least today - without McCullough.

He had eight points, one rebound, one assist (my numbers) in about 22 minutes.

He air balled a few shots, a baseline jumper and a short hook, and missed an easy breakaway layup.

He appeared to have another easy breakaway dunk in sight but a St. Thomas More guard knocked the ball away as McCullough was nearing the lane.

All in all, McCullough left 8-10 points on the floor. Sound familiar?

He no doubt passes the look test. He's stronger than when I saw him a year ago. But he's still passive and doesn't look to take control like I thought he would this year. Twice he tried to drive and was called for a charge.

He doesn't set up in the block and demand the ball the way a power forward should. He doesn't position himself well to get rebounds. It's almost as if he can't decide whether he's a power or a small forward, but he lacks the true skills to be good at either. He doesn't possess a mid range or three point game. His free throw shooting form looks fine (he was 2-4 from the line) but it doesn't seem like he gets to the line enough to make a difference there.

He really had a chance to make a difference in the game but he missed an easy breakaway layup with his team down 4 with just over 2 minutes left. IMG lost, BTW.

I thought the best player on the floor was St. Thomas More swingman and Fordham recruit Eric Paschall, who finished with 25 points, including two huge 3s late in the game. Remember him if we play Fordham again down the road. He's one of those kind of recruits that will make you say, "Why can't we get players like that?"

Again, McCullough will look great getting off the bus. He's a tremendous athlete in the mold of other long SU recruits.

You'll just need to temper your expectations. He's not going to be star right away. He's going to be around a few years. At least.

The greater concern, I think, is where do we get our points next year at forward if Grant leaves? Roberson? Johnson? McCullough? It's going to be a big drop off from Fair.

Wish I was the bearer of better news.

I was there.

Decided to try to catch the semi this afternoon because I wasn't confident IMG would make the final tonight.

Good call.

He didn't start the game the - came in with just 14 minutes to go in the half - and I have no idea why. Disciplinary? Trying to rest players after a 3 OT win last night?

He air balled a few shots, a baseline jumper and a short hook, and missed an easy breakaway layup.

He appeared to have another easy breakaway dunk in sight but a St. Thomas More guard knocked the ball away as McCullough was nearing the lane.

He no doubt passes the look test. He's stronger than when I saw him a year ago. But he's still passive and doesn't look to take control like I thought he would this year. Twice he tried to drive and was called for a charge.

He doesn't set up in the block and demand the ball the way a power forward should. He doesn't position himself well to get rebounds. It's almost as if he can't decide whether he's a power or a small forward, but he lacks the true skills to be good at either. He doesn't possess a mid range or three point game. His free throw shooting form looks fine (he was 2-4 from the line) but it doesn't seem like he gets to the line enough to make a difference there.

He really had a chance to make a difference in the game but he missed an easy breakaway layup with his team down 4 with just over 2 minutes left. IMG lost, BTW.

I thought the best player on the floor was St. Thomas More swingman and Fordham recruit Eric Paschall, who finished with 25 points, including two huge 3s late in the game. Remember him if we play Fordham again down the road. He's one of those kind of recruits that will make you say, "Why can't we get players like that?"

Again, McCullough will look great getting off the bus. He's a tremendous athlete in the mold of other long SU recruits.

You'll just need to temper your expectations. He's not going to be star right away. He's going to be around a few years. At least.

The greater concern, I think, is where do we get our points next year at forward if Grant leaves? Roberson? Johnson? McCullough? It's going to be a big drop off from Fair.

Thanks for the recap. I think you're on the money with the he passes the look test, but from what I've seen from him over the past year he always looks bored. Dunno if it's just his personality or it's the fact that he just wants to get out of HS and play ball at SU?

I think it's his personality. They're going to need to light a fire under him. A lot of untapped potential. At the same time, I was looking for a little bit an outside game today and I got neither outside or an inside game.

I think I remember him tweeting that he was pretty sick recently, maybe he still fighting that off?

I was there.

Good call.

Very depressing on top of a depressing game last night.

Joseph should be ranked 20 spots higher than McCullough rather than the other way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom