Chris Slayton | Syracusefan.com

Chris Slayton

anomander

Living Legend
I thought this kid should get a special shout out. Missed in all the negatives from Saturday has been Slayton's development into an All-ACC DT. The loss Saturday had absolutely nothing to do with how this kid has played. Slayton has been an absolute force in the middle of the line. There has been several plays in each game where he basically removes the guy in front of him to a place of Chris choosing. He has had several QB pressures and is giving us a nice pass rush up the middle, as well as completely shutting down the opposing run game. I will say that Samuels has been complimenting him quite nicely as well. Anyways thought he should get noticed despite all of the other stuff. I am calling for an all-acc type of season.

I really think the D-Line is coming together. I've been pleasantly surprised so far. I wish we were deeper, but that takes time and better luck. Still, Slayton is a beast.

I thought this kid should get a special shout out. Missed in all the negatives from Saturday has been Slayton's development into an All-ACC DT. The loss Saturday had absolutely nothing to do with how this kid has played. Slayton has been an absolute force in the middle of the line. There has been several plays in each game where he basically removes the guy in front of him to a place of Chris choosing. He has had several QB pressures and is giving us a nice pass rush up the middle, as well as completely shutting down the opposing run game. I will say that Samuels has been complimenting him quite nicely as well. Anyways thought he should get noticed despite all of the other stuff. I am calling for an all-acc type of season.
Can you imagine Steven Clark out there with him...uuhhhggg.

I really think the D-Line is coming together. I've been pleasantly surprised so far. I wish we were deeper, but that takes time and better luck. Still, Slayton is a beast.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the DL. Berry and Robinson are the real deal. Black and Coleman are solid as well. Next step for them is developing some pass rush moves. Slayton and Samuels have been outstanding. I think they will be much improved against the run, and even may be able to get some pressure on the QB up the middle from Slayton.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the DL. Berry and Robinson are the real deal. Black and Coleman are solid as well. Next step for them is developing some pass rush moves. Slayton and Samuels have been outstanding. I think they will be much improved against the run, and even may be able to get some pressure on the QB up the middle from Slayton.

Agree. I think we have 7 game ready DL that we can rely on at anytime. Wish we had an 8th, and he was a DT, but that topic has been beaten to death.

Slayton and Berry really stand out. So did Robinson on a couple of pass rushes.

Am I the only one who stopped breathing for a moment, fearing it was bad news (injury, suspension) when seeing the vague title?

As I mentioned in the other thread, still believe he's an NFL talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom