Chuck | Syracusefan.com

Chuck

Antz201

Scout Team
Just found this nugget on Spartan nation...
What’s Next for the Michigan State Defensive Coordinator Position?
Chuck Bullough current DC at Syracuse: A great coach with a fiery attitude that has made many jokingly call him “Mini Narduzzi.” He is a Spartan great, a super coach, and his bloodlines run deep in the Spartan Nation. Hiring Bullough is an absolute no brainer. Although not tied to Dantonio per say on the field, there is enough connection that this is a simple fit. The question must be asked, if he is hired as the DC, would that cost MSU Mike Tressel and Harlon Barnett or could one of them share CO DC titles with him? Adding him to the staff is also a possibility and not as the DC, but as one MSU athletics administrator told me last night, “Most underrated thing about Pat was his passion and fire. He changed games in the 4th quarter coming out of the box and down to the field inspiring both sides of the ball. I would love to see Chuck back. Should have been back before this, but if not as the DC can you have your fire and emotion guy being an assistant? How would that work with Mike and Harlon?” Bringing Chuck home is a no brainer.

that is delusional, and I doubt Bullough would share duties as a CO-defensive coordinator as they suggest.

Daoust over Bullough all day long for myself. Daoust recruits I think Bullough has been okay but Daoust after 2 years could likely handle the DC position.
Hopefully we don't have to worry about either but SS hopefully values Daoust more.

Daoust over Bullough all day long for myself. Daoust recruits I think Bullough has been okay but Daoust after 2 years could likely handle the DC position.
Hopefully we don't have to worry about either but SS hopefully values Daoust more.

He is a great DL coach with no DC experience, funny that you would be OK with this but not McF*** It as OC coming in with no OC experience.

Or is it more about the devil you know over the devil you don't?

He is a great DL coach with no DC experience, funny that you would be OK with this but not McF*** It as OC coming in with no OC experience.

Or is it more about the devil you know over the devil you don't?
SS knows defense and can help the DC a lot more than the OC.
McDonald after what happened with Lester in the 2nd half. Also we are having an easier time recruiting defensive players because of the defense being decent.
McDonald had a hard time communicating the plays I doubt Daoust with SS's experience would have the same the problems.

Michigan State just named co DCs.
I am not sure if this is good or bad. I thought they would have been the most likely candidates for the Pitt DC job. I never thought Bullough would have been a serious candidate for MSU. I am really scared we are about to lose Doust to Pitt.

How did I know you'd say that, how did I know that you'd say that, how did I know...:D

How did I know you'd say that, how did I know that you'd say that, how did I know...:D
I don't think my opinion is unreasonable. People can agree or disagree I tend to be pragmatic whenever I develop an opinion. I realize I am not always right but I would take Daoust over Bullough if we could only keep one.

I don't think my opinion is unreasonable. People can agree or disagree I tend to be pragmatic whenever I develop an opinion. I realize I am not always right but I would take Daoust over Bullough if we could only keep one.

I get that you feel your opinions are endowed with "pragmatism" (what does that make dissenting opinions?) but i fail to see what is pragmatic about thinking someone with no coordinator experience, who would be learning on the job, who may or may not be a difference making recruiter, is someone who better suited to run SU's defense then someone who is in second stint as a coordinator at a power 5 program, will be going into his third with the program, comes from a long line coaches, and has also been tutored by HCSS.

I think it is pragmatic to think that Daoust could ably fill in, but to prefer him to the incumbent is idealistic at best.

Chuck is head and shoulders our best DC. If he leaves i think that Tim can step up with major help from HCSS. Hope we keep em both but if only one it has to be Chuck

I get that you feel your opinions are endowed with "pragmatism" (what does that make dissenting opinions?) but i fail to see what is pragmatic about thinking someone with no coordinator experience, who would be learning on the job, who may or may not be a difference making recruiter, is someone who better suited to run SU's defense then someone who is in second stint as a coordinator at a power 5 program, will be going into his third with the program, comes from a long line coaches, and has also been tutored by HCSS.

I think it is pragmatic to think that Daoust could ably fill in, but to prefer him to the incumbent is idealistic at best.
You disagree with my opinion and that is fine. Nothing you said changed my opinion and nothing I can say will likely change yours. I don't want to waste energy continuing this debate. My opinion may be wrong or it may be right I find nothing wrong with different opinions it shows discourse is possible.

McF***It was OC at Western Michigan for 2 years.

Ppeople still said he didn't have enough experience to be a D1 OC at SU and yet people would be OK with Daoust being elevated to DC if Bullough left.

Sounds like a double standard to me or revisionist history in slamming McDonald.

Ppeople still said he didn't have enough experience to be a D1 OC at SU and yet people would be OK with Daoust being elevated to DC if Bullough left.

Sounds like a double standard to me or revisionist history in slamming McDonald.
That's not a double standard. Daoust has been here for four years, knows the defense Shafer wants, and seems to be an all around good coach. McD was an outsider, an unknown entity on the side of the ball that lacked an identity. Big difference there.

That's not a double standard. Daoust has been here for four years, knows the defense Shafer wants, and seems to be an all around good coach. McD was an outsider, an unknown entity on the side of the ball that lacked an identity. Big difference there.

No difference whatsoever. Other than McD actually had OC experience. Totally a double standard.

Just because he was here in a DL capacity is irrelevant, we are talking about OC/DC experience. Not how much we know about a guy or how good he is a position coaching.

What if he was a really great DL coach at Michigan or Ohio State or ND or Alabama. Still no DC experience, just because he is a great DL coach here is irrelevant. We just know firsthand how good a DL coach he is. How is that any different??

No difference whatsoever. Other than McD actually had OC experience. Totally a double standard.

Just because he was here in a DL capacity is irrelevant, we are talking about OC/DC experience. Not how much we know about a guy or how good he is a position coaching.

What if he was a really great DL coach at Michigan or Ohio State or ND or Alabama. Still no DC experience, just because he is a great DL coach here is irrelevant. We just know firsthand how good a DL coach he is. How is that any different??
The quality of his teaching is not the important part of the argument. If Daoust was promoted to DC, he would probably adopt the Shafer/Bullough aggressive defense approach.

McD was hired to install a whole new offense without much experience. We got the system of a guy who didn't really have his own offense and tried to use something out of the box that didn't work.

Promoting Daoust would be different because we know what we'd be getting... A continuation of the same scheme. Hiring an inexperienced OC from outside leads to many more unknowns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom