Chuck's: Where Everybody Knows Your Name | Syracusefan.com

Chuck's: Where Everybody Knows Your Name

That's amazing. I LOVED Chucks and have no doubt in my mind that it helped to fuel the alcohol abuse that I struggled with while finishing at SU. I can remember many a drunken night leaving that place.

Favorite bartender at Chucks...Thor. He made this shot called the "great shot", which was green and tasted like Hi-C Ecto Cooler. Amazing. I also enjoyed that they'd make me my go-to shot, "liquid cocaine", Jaeger, 151 and Goldschlager.

But as with everything in life, all good things come to an end. I left my drinking days behind when I left the hill in 09', been sober over 4 1/2 years!

That's amazing. I LOVED Chucks and have no doubt in my mind that it helped to fuel the alcohol abuse that I struggled with while finishing at SU. I can remember many a drunken night leaving that place.

Favorite bartender at Chucks...Thor. He made this shot called the "great shot", which was green and tasted like Hi-C Ecto Cooler. Amazing. I also enjoyed that they'd make me my go-to shot, "liquid cocaine", Jaeger, 151 and Goldschlager.

But as with everything in life, all good things come to an end. I left my drinking days behind when I left the hill in 09', been sober over 4 1/2 years!
Good for you Hak. I havent had a drink since about 10:10 pm December 10 2013!!

Last edited:
The cheapest beers is what matters...lol.
Just hand me another pitcher!!!
You could still get plenty drunk for cheap at Faegans. The one and only time I've ever been cut off in my life was at a particularly successful night at Beer Tour, and I've had nights where i only had to pay like 10 bucks for a night of drinking at flip night.

You could still get plenty drunk for cheap at Faegans. The one and only time I've ever been cut off in my life was at a particularly successful night at Beer Tour, and I've had nights where i only had to pay like 10 bucks for a night of drinking at flip night.

Faegans was fun for sure... but if you really wanted to make a 'mistakebythelake' you went to Maggies, Harrys, Lucys, konrads or Chucks (in no order).

Faegans was great for flip night, senior sundays, and beer tour (which was just pre-gaming for another bar). Unless you were picking up a grad student, the girls there were the worst of all the bars.
Chucks was the best happy hour and the best place to get cheap beer. They almost always had a beer for $1.
Lucys and Harrys were the best places to find kappa, alpha phi, dg, and tri delt girls
Maggies/konrads were the best places for freshmen
Darwins was always my backup bar, but was always a great time.

They all have a special place in my heart.

Never stepped foot in Faegans, of course I didn't go to Syracuse, just every now and then go up there to watch a game, but always went to chucks, Faegans always looked packed.

Someone tell the story of the crazy melee at Chuck's when Devo threw the chair across the bar. I've heard it before, but it always entertains me to death.

Thor got fired when the new owners came in, I remember going up for homecoming and the guy looked like he was on painkillers and was in his own world. But while we were there he was awesome. I'd estimate 75% of the money i spent at SU was at Chucks.