cinci laid an egg today | Syracusefan.com

cinci laid an egg today

upperdeck

Living Legend
allowed rutgers to control the game by running draws and completing a couple of play action passes deep.

i think the switch to kay came back to haunt them.

rutgers has a shot to win the league scoring under 20 pts a game in league..

too bad the BE refs messed up another replay spot, it really cost Cinci a solid chance to win the game.

Give Rutty its due. That is one solid defense and good ST they have there. If they ever get a decent QB, watch out.

Cheers,
Neil

Other than Huggins, it was a pretty lousy offensive job from both teams. And these are the cream of the BE.

allowed rutgers to control the game by running draws and completing a couple of play action passes deep.

i think the switch to kay came back to haunt them.

rutgers has a shot to win the league scoring under 20 pts a game in league..

too bad the BE refs messed up another replay spot, it really cost Cinci a solid chance to win the game.
So it sounds like the best-case scenario now is "tied" for 2nd with Rutgers at 5-2. I guess they would be considered "true" 2nd since they won the head to head. Louisville finishes 6-1 and goes to the BCS. Cincy could still finish 5-2 also, and we are probably considered 4th place in that case. It would sting that we allowed those other two teams to be at 5-2 with us.

Does the Pinstripe get to pick us in that scenario?

Solid D? We tuned them up for 500 yds of offense ... they play an awful schedule ... period ...

You do realize that they just held the Bearcats to three points and 370 yards. The same team that scored 35 points against us and gained 470 yards. Oh Lord

Cheers,
Neil

Even when rutgers wins, people say the opponent lost moreso. You can't make this stuff up! Rutgers is solid. God, get over it people.

Even when rutgers wins, people say the opponent lost moreso. You can't make this stuff up! Rutgers is solid. God, get over it people.
Rutgers schedule is not solid - that is why people get in a tizzy when there is Rutgers praise. Smoke and mirrors.

They win old fashioned football - D and Specials with ball control offense

There are no top 25 teams in our current league. It's a substandard league. It's why we should be looking at 5-2 in league if we beat temple.

Really can't insult Rutgers when we lost to them. As long as Louisville goes Orange Bowl, let RU share the BE title. Who cares, really. The more UL/RU/UC win, the more likely we are to get Pinstripe.

With that said, let's win these last two games.

Rut wins games, and as far as I'm concerned after the blown calls in Cincy this year the BE deserves Rut playing in the BCS game. I think Pitt and Louisville are likely to give Rut problems though. Up until recently I rarely commented on Rut, but something about Flood's comments after the SU game ticked me off. He has a lot of seniors on this team. Good luck next year Flood.

did you watch the game? they both looked awful on offense.. rutgers at least had the sense to keep running the game one play that worked. they had 2 nice long passes and about 10 times they just threw it away.. Kay looked like he had never seen the field before

Rutgers is a solid team, but their is no doubt in my mind that they are a very lucky team. They have a top 25 defense, but there offense is horrible. It seems like teams always play poorly against them some of that has to be attributed to their defense, but Army played Rutgers better than Cincinnati did and the fact Butch Jones didn't switch quarterbacks when their starter today couldn't take advantage of the QB scrambles available from the RU pressure with Munchie was shocking to me. Give RU credit though as their pressure must cause some of the mistakes it just seems they get a lot of breaks in their games.

There's a lot of posts wasted here on a team we'll never play again

Rutgers schedule is not solid - that is why people get in a tizzy when there is Rutgers praise. Smoke and mirrors.

They win old fashioned football - D and Specials with ball control offense

Then ignore their overall record. They're 5-0 in the Big East, with a victory over us. They're a good team with a great senior-laden defense.

So it sounds like the best-case scenario now is "tied" for 2nd with Rutgers at 5-2. I guess they would be considered "true" 2nd since they won the head to head. Louisville finishes 6-1 and goes to the BCS. Cincy could still finish 5-2 also, and we are probably considered 4th place in that case. It would sting that we allowed those other two teams to be at 5-2 with us.

Does the Pinstripe get to pick us in that scenario?

In that scenario all non BCS games are in play.

i dont think were officially eliminated from bcs yet since if louisville somehow loses to uconn but beats rutgers and rutgers loses to pittsburgh on the road and we beat temple we would all be 5-2 and 1-1 vs each other and go to bcs rank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom