Cincy with a quiet 10-3 season | Syracusefan.com

Cincy with a quiet 10-3 season

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Will they end up in a power conference when all is said and done? Of all the schools available they have the best mix of football and hoops and reside in a football crazy state.

worst betting beat of my life. by far. last night is the reason you should never bet sports. I had duke+9.5.

nevermind that duke was up 16-0 or up 16-3 and about to score another td. i wont even talk about that. ill only talk about the last 1:45.

duke is driving with the score tied 34-34. They fumble for a 2nd time inside cincy's 10 (this time at the 5).

Cincy gets the ball and takes 3 plays to get the 1st down out to their own 17 with about 45-50 seconds to go. The 83 yd TD to a 250lb TE which has to be next to impossible considering duke should be in a prevent defense. cincy up 41-34 with about 40 seconds to go, no big deal.

I tweet the KOD - "please no pick 6 here"

Duke starts driving - 1 completion for about 15, followed by a hit to the face for another 15. All of a sudden they are at the 50 and i am feeling good.

the next snap, guy blitzes off the end untouched and hits the qb as he throws. ball goes about 15 yards high and 8 yards out. picked off my a dlineman (maybe a lb'er, i was too freaked out to notice) who rumbles untouched into the endzone.

So the game went from what was probably a 95% duke outright win to Cincy scoring 2 tds in a matter of 90 seconds.

Thank Otto I am a small time better, but that loss still stings big time.

worst betting beat of my life. by far. last night is the reason you should never bet sports. I had duke+9.5.

nevermind that duke was up 16-0 or up 16-3 and about to score another td. i wont even talk about that. ill only talk about the last 1:45.

duke is driving with the score tied 34-34. They fumble for a 2nd time inside cincy's 10 (this time at the 5).

Cincy gets the ball and takes 3 plays to get the 1st down out to their own 17 with about 45-50 seconds to go. The 83 yd TD to a 250lb TE which has to be next to impossible considering duke should be in a prevent defense. cincy up 41-34 with about 40 seconds to go, no big deal.

I tweet the KOD - "please no pick 6 here"

Duke starts driving - 1 completion for about 15, followed by a hit to the face for another 15. All of a sudden they are at the 50 and i am feeling good.

the next snap, guy blitzes off the end untouched and hits the qb as he throws. ball goes about 15 yards high and 8 yards out. picked off my a dlineman (maybe a lb'er, i was too freaked out to notice) who rumbles untouched into the endzone.

So the game went from what was probably a 95% duke outright win to Cincy scoring 2 tds in a matter of 90 seconds.

Thank Otto I am a small time better, but that loss still stings big time.

Reason number 1347894 I don't bet on games. Fantasy football is the most gambling I'll do on sports. Way too much out of your control.

Cinci had the breaks go their way against SU and Duke in games that easily could have gone the other way, and then they lose 10-0 at home to Rutgers.

Go figure.

Interesting tactic used by Cinci to ice the kicker before halftime. They were out of timeouts as Duke lined up for a 53 yarder. Cinci puts 12 guys on the field, causing a whistle after the snap. The kick was made but didn't count. After a 5 yard penalty, Duke gets another attempt and misses. Here's an article on it:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/12...duke-34-cincinnati-48-122712.html&gid_index=1

It's a very limited scenario where that could work out, but they need to find a way to make that a 15 yard penalty or something. Can't let the play go and give the kicking team the option to keep the FG because it's a safety issue with an extra player out there.

Will they end up in a power conference when all is said and done? Of all the schools available they have the best mix of football and hoops and reside in a football crazy state.

Of all the sports towns I frequent for work, Cincy is one of the worst. They lost their NBA team years ago. When the Bengals last earned a playoff home game, it was scheduled to be blacked-out because the game didnt sell-out until the day before. There is interest in UC football so long as the team is competitive. However, the casual fan with no ties to the school will only attend a game if it doesnt conflict with OSU. The Reds and UC bball along with X bball probably have the best fans. The rest is fools gold, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom