City Gridiron | Syracusefan.com

City Gridiron

Okema

Walk On
Had not seen a post on this but caught this on tv last night. Lots of SU props. Covered Gus, Laray & Ebo's recent visit to Syracuse. Ishaq Williams father brought them up and seemed to be selling the Orange to Ebo in comparing SU to Florida. Basically said that a school within 300 miles of a recruits home (Syracuse) in more vested in making sure that a player is looked after and successful in the program because they will be recruiting that area every year. Side note said ND recruited nationally so wasn't the same case there. Showed the recruits hanging out with the city kids Reddish, Morgan, Rene, Foy & AC everyone had nothing but great things to say about SU. Seems like there is alot of pressure on Ebo to come to Syracuse that being said based on what he had to say during the show I would say it is 50-50%. He made a statement that god forbid he didn't end up at SU him & Gus would still be geat friends. Also showed highlights of Morgan's high school team in the NYC playoff's they have a rb/db who I assume is an underclassman that looked real good described as the best player in NYC this year.

Will this program re-air? If so, on what channel?

Had not seen a post on this but caught this on tv last night. Lots of SU props. Covered Gus, Laray & Ebo's recent visit to Syracuse. Ishaq Williams father brought them up and seemed to be selling the Orange to Ebo in comparing SU to Florida. Basically said that a school within 300 miles of a recruits home (Syracuse) in more vested in making sure that a player is looked after and successful in the program because they will be recruiting that area every year. Side note said ND recruited nationally so wasn't the same case there. Showed the recruits hanging out with the city kids Reddish, Morgan, Rene, Foy & AC everyone had nothing but great things to say about SU. Seems like there is alot of pressure on Ebo to come to Syracuse that being said based on what he had to say during the show I would say it is 50-50%. He made a statement that god forbid he didn't end up at SU him & Gus would still be geat friends. Also showed highlights of Morgan's high school team in the NYC playoff's they have a rb/db who I assume is an underclassman that looked real good described as the best player in NYC this year.
I think the best player on Erasmus Hall this year was probably Curtis Samuel, a great athlete with 4.4 speed who was offered by UConn and Rutgers the summer before his junior season.

He was a junior this year and will be one of the top prospects in NYS next season. Is he the guy you are thinking of?

Syracusefan.com Curtis Samuel bio

I think the best player on Erasmus Hall this year was probably Curtis Samuel, a great athlete with 4.4 speed who was offered by UConn and Rutgers the summer before his junior season.

He was a junior this year and will be one of the top prospects in NYS next season. Is he the guy you are thinking of?

Syracusefan.com Curtis Samuel bio

Yes Curtis Samuel is the guy he had 4 TD's in the game and also some nice play's on defensive. I would think he would project as a DB seemed to have similar size/build to Reddish maybe a little taller. Not sure if and when it will reair was on direct tv WNYE brookyln channel

"Basically said that a school within 300 miles of a recruits home (Syracuse) in more vested in making sure that a player is looked after and successful in the program because they will be recruiting that area every year. "

That's a really interesting point and one I'd agree with. I think it's pretty cool that Ishaq senior is helping push Syracuse. The guy has taken a lot of heat on this board.

Have a friend loosely related to Eramus Hall. She was at pretty much every single practice and game they had and said the only college coach she had seen there was Syracuse. Couldn't tell me who it was (she wouldn't know), but said they were there for Samuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom