CJ looked today like a player that | Syracusefan.com

CJ looked today like a player that

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
could carry us in the tournament. He played with such great confidence. Obviously having Grant back makes a huge difference and I'm sure contributes to the whole teams confidence.

I bet a lot of media people starting climbing back on the bandwagon now and recognize that a good part of our struggles were due to injury of a key player.

He is a completely different player when he plays within the offense. Everything in the flow of the game.

He hit big shots today, particularly when we couldn't stop FSU at the start of the 2nd half.

If I'm being honest I think I take him for granted sometimes. He's been a huge part of our success over the past four years. And always represented the team in fantastic fashion night in and night out both on and off the court.

CJ just needs to play his mid range game. 1 dribble then rise up for the jumper. He gets in trouble when he tries to drive all the way to the basket. He's not quick enough off the bounce to do that consistently, he was money on his mid range jumpers today.

You're right. I think Grant is actually quicker in that respect. Grant just needs CJ's strength and a little work on his outside shot and he will be a monster.

CJ started rebounding again today, something that has been missing over the past month.

It was SOO great seeing the ball land in our players hands today. We have been getting killed in that aspect.

CJ started rebounding again today, something that has been missing over the past month.

Really moving after the ball with a purpose, even coming back to the basket for defensive rebounds. That was great to see.

CJ started rebounding again today, something tehat has been missing over the past month.

his best rebound was the ball that kind of sat on the side for a second. FSU had a player in position to grab it... the FSU player waited for, CJ came in from the wing to jump in front of him. That was the best rebound because of the hustle.

We havent won the 50-50 ball battle in a few games and we clearly won it today.

It was very nice to see. Especially with our senior leader leading by example.

Having Grant back, as WE all know it, helps in tremendous ways. Something that most others outside of our program/fan base don't understand is that with Grant, Fair doesn't have to press and can play within himself which equates to a higher field goal percentage. Just look at the first half... he took only five shots I believe. When Grant is out there, no one has to press and we can play within our offense which actually can be better than it was when we were on our 25-0 run with Ennis playing more aggressively. We also get many more second chance opportunities which is HUGE. What a titanic difference it makes to have a healthy Grant in the lineup.

Even though Cooney still didn't play all that well offensively, he did make a couple three's. If he can just build on that, look out, we will be a very tough out!

Last edited:
Having Grant back, as WE all know it, helps in tremendous ways. Something that most others outside of our program/fan base don't keep in perspective is that Fair doesn't have to press and think he has to put up huge numbers for us to win. Just look at the first half... he took only five shots I believe. When Grant is out there, no one has to press and we can play within our offense which actually can be better than it was when we were on our 25-0 run with Ennis playing more aggresively. I know we have all been saying this for 10+ games, but if we can see Cooney put down some three's, EVERY player on offense is dangerous which opens up so many things for us. Hopefully Grant remains healthy because we will be a tough out if that happens.

There are about 4 reasons we are going to be a tough out in the tournament.

This is reason #1.
Reason #2 is we play to our competition
Reason #3 is every game is close (bad in the 1st 2 rounds... good in the last 4 - we'll have a shot in every game)
Reason #4 We arent going to have the same bullseye on our back as we did at #1 and 25-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom