Clark vs Reese equivalent to Bird vs Magic | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clark vs Reese equivalent to Bird vs Magic

I usually like Ryan but it was clownish the way he had a full on stroke when Reese sprained her ankle. I thought a bomb was discovered in the arena.

“Oh my God! Oh No no no no no. This can’t be!!”

Reese checks back in 3 minutes later
Yeah I had the feeling she'd back in a few minutes. Bit of a drama queen - both of them. :)

Last edited:
I’m thinking more about this…I think women’s college basketball is poised for big growth. Players are likely to stick around for four years to build a reputation and following, unlike the men’s game. Quality of play is solid, games are entertaining. I think that’ll continue to grow regardless - but this year was a huge boost.

I’m not sure we’ll ever see a Bird-Magic thing again, that was lightning in a bottle where a whole lot the players didn’t influence led to the rivalry having such an impact. But we should be able to tell from WNBA attendance and viewership if they increase interest in that league fairly quickly. Honestly I thought Sue Bird would have a bigger impact than she did (outside of Seattle), so I have no idea what to expect here.
I'm sure there will be growth but how much of the current excitement is sustainable without Clark? The ratings on her games are off the charts while the others? Not so much.

If it’s the name you found bothersome, they’ll all change to Maverick this year. If it’s that they’re everywhere, that seems to be a Midwest thing - I don’t think I was ever out of sight of a Kwik Trip sign the entire time I lived in Wisconsin.
Yes. The name was just crude.

Yeah I had the feeling she'd back in a few minutes. Bit of a drama queen - both of them. :)

Ehh Reese was really really limited after the injury.

If you were in person at the game, anytime the game wasn’t going on she was incredibly hobbled and barely putting any weight on that ankle.

I think they would have actually been better off without an injured Reese on the floor.

It was sad to see

Girls just wanna have fun.

Attachments

• 434580500_1206809376985941_4980687469853666950_n.jpg
    434580500_1206809376985941_4980687469853666950_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics