Class of 2013- Who will redshirt? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2013- Who will redshirt?

Cuse4

Scout Team
I would guess Chino will be a definite. Possibly BJ, but I think he is going to blow up and have a huge year... being more ready than one would think. Thoughts?

All depends on who stays and who goes. If Rak and Coieman both leave then Chino will be needed.

My guess is a lot of it will depend on who leaves and who else commits. While Johnson may be ready to contribute some spot minutes next year, it might be best for both the program and Johnson if he's able to redshirt and develop some more. It'd be a luxury to be able to give him that redshirt year, a luxury we've been afforded by our great depth at the forward spots.

On the other hand, Chino will be 20 years old in December of 2013. He may not want to redshirt at that age.

Yeah it all depends on who stays and commits. If DC and Rak are still here and Vonleh comes I think BJ and Chino redshirt. Or none of them could be here and we'll need all hands on deck. Or somewhere in between.

I believe BJ will be 17 when he steps on campus. Is that right?

A redshirt would certainly make sense if we could afford it.

This redshirting discussion for next year is all well and good, but frankly I really don't care much right now. This is the 2012-2013 season, SU is ranked #9, and they looked very good in their 1st 2 exhibitions. I'm more excited about the here and now.

BJ and Chino, let's hope - because that means our front court is WAY TOO STACKED NEXT YEAR SON!!!!!

This thread sets a new record -- earliest discussion of who should redshirt 12 months from now.

Keeping in mind that many posters projected redshirts for Keita and CJ in 2010-11 (didn't happen) or Grant this season (won't happen). So speculate away, but there are many uncertainties, including how the prospects develop in their senior year and summer play.

Forget redshirting. Hate it in basketball. Just keep the line moving and keep trying to recruit over the next guy.

Let's hope this isn't the case
um . . . let's hope that it is. if Rak and DC both blow up into first round selections, then it would be very likely that SU has another 30+ win season with a high seed and a deep run

Forget redshirting. Hate it in basketball. Just keep the line moving and keep trying to recruit over the next guy.
Exactly. I cannot believe JAB recruits thinking that someone will be redshirting. Some kids obviously are more game ready than others, but he would rather play someone for 50 minutes total their freshman season than have them not play at all. Very few kids have been redshirted who have not been injured.

I would guess Chino will be a definite. Possibly BJ, but I think he is going to blow up and have a huge year... being more ready than one would think. Thoughts?

Have to think that BJ will be RS'd just based on his age. Starting college at 17 is a challenge, add in D1 BB and it is a burden. Also, doesn't look like he would be needed.

if we get another forward, lawrence/wiggins/vonleh/roberson, I would think BJ will RS

I'll make it easy on the staff and volunteer to redshirt myself. There, now that's out of the way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom