Class of 2016 - Class of 2013 Zack Greenlee (QB) Fresno St Transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Class of 2013 Zack Greenlee (QB) Fresno St Transfer

chugg21 said:
Insane? A ton of yardage? He topped out at 232 in a game. If he averaged 232 a game instead of being his high, that's 55th in the country. Our expectations are so disgustingly low that we are willing to throw our eggs in any basket that doesn't have a giant known hole at the bottom. As I've stated multiple times, I'm all about Dungey, but to believe that he's definitely the savior based on his body of work thus far is absurd.

It's about projecting the little he showed in a defunct system into one of the systems where they put up video game numbers.

I didn't say savior; I said #1 on our current roster.

My expectations are not low. He has all of the tools to be great here.

I think that with 100% certainty that whatever other QB we can realistic get for 2016 will be sitting behind a healthy Eric Dungey.

Insane? A ton of yardage? He topped out at 232 in a game. If he averaged 232 a game instead of being his high, that's 55th in the country. Our expectations are so disgustingly low that we are willing to throw our eggs in any basket that doesn't have a giant known hole at the bottom. As I've stated multiple times, I'm all about Dungey, but to believe that he's definitely the savior based on his body of work thus far is absurd.
Babers, and Lewis have a pretty good track record with QB's. If they didn't like Eric when they saw film on him, they would have brought in more then Rex in this class.

for all we know they love wilson.. does anyone know how Babers system works for QBs? Maybe its mostly pre-snap reads and wilson is good at that, maybe its more post snap reads and Wilson is bad at that? When Paulus came we heard alot from the coaches about how he got us in the right plays and made the right reads, but we also knew he was a pretty smart kid, Nassib was much the same and it shows that he is sticking around in the Pros. We have gotten much less of that feedback the last few years about more recent qb's and the system hasnt really lended itself to be Qb friendly with all the injuries on the oline.

The VR thread the other day is interesting in developing QBs, it did a great job with the kid at Standford, but again he is a pretty smart kid.

upperdeck said:
for all we know they love wilson.. does anyone know how Babers system works for QBs? Maybe its mostly pre-snap reads and wilson is good at that, maybe its more post snap reads and Wilson is bad at that? When Paulus came we heard alot from the coaches about how he got us in the right plays and made the right reads, but we also knew he was a pretty smart kid, Nassib was much the same and it shows that he is sticking around in the Pros. We have gotten much less of that feedback the last few years about more recent qb's and the system hasnt really lended itself to be Qb friendly with all the injuries on the oline. The VR thread the other day is interesting in developing QBs, it did a great job with the kid at Standford, but again he is a pretty smart kid.

The reports on Dungey were glowing as to his ability to learn things quickly. His pre-snap stuff got better throughout the season and his progressions were fine until FSU and Louisville - where he got happy feet because things broke down so quickly.

All the proof I need that he's the guy is in the first half of Pitt. That two minute drive at the end of the half where he moved the ball down the field methodically. His quotes afterwards were all about how he liked to go fast - that things seemed to slow down in the hurry-up.

Babers, and Lewis have a pretty good track record with QB's. If they didn't like Eric when they saw film on him, they would have brought in more then Rex in this class.
They've tried (and probably are still trying) to bring in more but haven't been able to attract anyone. I don't see that as being a judgement on Eric's ability.

I am not trying to get down on coach Babers and Lewis , but for being sort of gurus on quarterbacks and this exciting offense, that we don't have a single quarterback coming in but not one having any interest of coming on board.

I am not trying to get down on coach Babers and Lewis , but for being sort of gurus on quarterbacks and this exciting offense, that we don't have a single quarterback coming in but not one having any interest of coming on board.
Huh? Did you forget about Culpepper?

I have a feeling that Mahoney or Wilson might take a huge step forward and become a solid fit in Dino's system.

I was surprised to see that the staff appointed Mahoney to host a recruit last week. Maybe he has already turned their heads?

Huh? Did you forget about Culpepper?

I have a feeling that Mahoney or Wilson might take a huge step forward and become a solid fit in Dino's system.

I was surprised to see that the staff appointed Mahoney to host a recruit last week. Maybe he has already turned their heads?
Ya I did somewhat forgot about Culpepper and that's because he has been committed verbally for quite awhile that I felt he was already here, which he is. lol We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom