Class of 2017 - Class so far | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Class so far

SG need a sg who can drive not just shoot. We are one SG away from being very dangerous. 7'2 junior chuckwu and a true pg like Howard will undoubtely draw some major attention

I think Tucker and Wright are the best options right now for wing players. Then we scratch out a PG from somewhere that is good.

Good post - we missed out on some 5 star one & done bigs, but that is OK - I really like the two kids that we got & they should both be 3 or 4 year program guys.

My only minor disagreement is that we need at least two shooters & one of them should be big enough to play SF ala White or a stretch 4 ala Lydon. If Battle leaves then we need to up that ante to a third shooter/scorer.

It is really early, but keep in mind that Taurean Thompson has shown an ability to hit the 10-15 footer. We will need shooters, but they don't all have to be 3 point shooters. The mid range shot would would be an offensive element that we haven't really had much of since CJ Fair.

It is really early, but keep in mind that Taurean Thompson has shown an ability to hit the 10-15 footer. We will need shooters, but they don't all have to be 3 point shooters. The mid range shot would would be an offensive element that we haven't really had much of since CJ Fair.

And from the 4 or the 5 spot that 15' jumper is enough range to spread the floor and drag a big away from the basket.

Most likely scenario is Howard 30 minutes per game as PG in 2017-18, Battle for another 10 minutes, then we get a freshman for 2018-19 to come in and play apprentice to Howard for a year before taking over.

Obviously this assumes Howard doesn't make a leap and is a four-year player, which I think he is.

We'll see. I'm not really concerned about recruiting. Sidibe and Brissett will prove to be quality guys. Big-time players from big-time programs. Brissett was the second-leading scorer at a FIBA championship that included a ton of top guys. He's going to be better than people give him credit for.

Sidibe, Brissett, Moyer, Thompson along the front line along with Chukwu for two years. Our front court, which in my opinion is the toughest to recruit, is set.

Obviously its early, and I ear where some of you are coming from when you say Battle may be 1 and done. But I just haven't seen it yet out of Tyus. As of this moment I would be SHOCKED if Tyus bolted for the Association. And this is coming from a person who said all along that Malachi and Chris McCullough were gone after their freshman years. Dont get me wrong either, Battle has all the talent and intangibles to be an NBA player, but right now I just don't see it. And if he is back next year that is Billy Fuccillo YUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!1

Obviously its early, and I ear where some of you are coming from when you say Battle may be 1 and done. But I just haven't seen it yet out of Tyus. As of this moment I would be SHOCKED if Tyus bolted for the Association. And this is coming from a person who said all along that Malachi and Chris McCullough were gone after their freshman years. Dont get me wrong either, Battle has all the talent and intangibles to be an NBA player, but right now I just don't see it. And if he is back next year that is Billy Fuccillo YUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!1

I beg to differ.

He looks A LOT BETTER than Mali did, at this same stage last year.
Waaaay ahead defensively.

More importantly, JB - the guy who watches him every day - said he wouldn't be at SU for long.

If Andrew White improves his stock/leads us in scoring, he might inspire other 5th years to come to us as a number one target. Might be the beginning of a trend for us.

seems like a pure wing shooter who can play top of zone can come from juco too, right? Not preferred option of course but if it's a fit why not?

I think Tucker and Wright are the best options right now for wing players. Then we scratch out a PG from somewhere that is good.
If we want Tucker, we get him. If we can get Wright in the 2017 class that would be great. A class of Brissett, Sidibe, Tucker, Wright, Ayala and a guard grad transfer is no slouch of a class. I think that's the most realistic shot of a class right now but I'm sure a few names will pop up like Ayala.

If we want Tucker, we get him. If we can get Wright in the 2017 class that would be great. A class of Brissett, Sidibe, Tucker, Wright, Ayala and a guard grad transfer is no slouch of a class. I think that's the most realistic shot of a class right now but I'm sure a few names will pop up like Ayala.

It would be a very good class all things considered IMO. Can we get Wright to reclassify? That's the big question, followed closely by do we want Tucker.

It would be a very good class all things considered IMO. Can we get Wright to reclassify? That's the big question, followed closely by do we want Tucker.
Yeah that's why I said if we want Tucker, I think we will want him eventually. Wright has a good relationship with the staff and I think he would reclassify.

Yeah that's why I said if we want Tucker, I think we will want him eventually. Wright has a good relationship with the staff and I think he would reclassify.

I had no idea if getting Wright to reclassify was even a realistic option so that is very good to know.

You the man as always! By their sophomore year Wright, Brissett, and Tucker would be monsters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom